Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171129 times)

Offline e44green

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #750: April 22, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
I am considering buying PNC Diamond Seats for a game in July. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the benefits of those seats? Also in reading about those seats it seems there are some new restrictions on what access you get with them. Is that true? Looking forward to my first visit to Nationals Park. Thanks for any help.

I noticed they have made some new distinctions with the PNC Diamond Club seating this year: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/group_sales.jsp?loc=suites

It seems there is now a distinction regarding access to the PNC Diamond Club being only for PNC Diamond Club Season Plan Holders while single game holders only have access to the tented lounge area located adjacent to the home plate gate.

This should help answer your questions about the benefits of the seats: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=22304.0

FWIW I have sat in the Diamond Club on three occasions. The experience was good, but nowhere near what I would expect for $180 per seat. You undoubtedly have the best view in the Ballpark besides the Presidents' Club. The only other perk was access to the plush PNC Diamond Club bar but that certainly wasn't worth the high price, and from my reading of the Nats' website it seems that you would no longer have access to that area and be relegated to a tent where you can't even see the game from.

If this is going to be your first trip to Nats Park, don't waste our cash on the Diamond Club (unless you have cash to burn). Get the $75 seats right behind the home or visitors' dugout and you will have just as good an experience (IMHO better) as you would get in the Diamond Club. Use that extra $200 to treat yourself to a nice dinner before the game and some Dogfish drafts inside.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #751: April 22, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »
What he said
I noticed they have made some new distinctions with the PNC Diamond Club seating this year: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/group_sales.jsp?loc=suites

It seems there is now a distinction regarding access to the PNC Diamond Club being only for PNC Diamond Club Season Plan Holders while single game holders only have access to the tented lounge area located adjacent to the home plate gate.

This should help answer your questions about the benefits of the seats: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=22304.0

FWIW I have sat in the Diamond Club on three occasions. The experience was good, but nowhere near what I would expect for $180 per seat. You undoubtedly have the best view in the Ballpark besides the Presidents' Club. The only other perk was access to the plush PNC Diamond Club bar but that certainly wasn't worth the high price, and from my reading of the Nats' website it seems that you would no longer have access to that area and be relegated to a tent where you can't even see the game from.

If this is going to be your first trip to Nats Park, don't waste our cash on the Diamond Club (unless you have cash to burn). Get the $75 seats right behind the home or visitors' dugout and you will have just as good an experience (IMHO better) as you would get in the Diamond Club. Use that extra $200 to treat yourself to a nice dinner before the game and some Dogfish drafts inside.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #752: April 22, 2013, 12:08:30 PM »
[...]If this is going to be your first trip to Nats Park, don't waste our cash on the Diamond Club (unless you have cash to burn). Get the $75 seats right behind the home or visitors' dugout and you will have just as good an experience (IMHO better) as you would get in the Diamond Club. Use that extra $200 to treat yourself to a nice dinner before the game and some Dogfish drafts inside.

...or save even more money and, for $24-$30/fixture depending on category of match, sit in the Infield Gallery - in the neighbourhood of The Best Seat In The House (outstanding panoramic sightlines).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #753: April 22, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »

Excellent advice, 128 & 129 are the best sections in the park IMHO.  You can usually get tickets there for less than $75 on StubHub though.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #754: April 22, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »
Agree - sections 117 & 118 are the same on the visitors side

Excellent advice, 128 & 129 are the best sections in the park IMHO.  You can usually get tickets there for less than $75 on StubHub though.

Offline loshjott

« Reply #755: April 25, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
Is lot HH on S. Capitol St. under the freeway still available? I'm driving on Sunday.

Thanks.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #756: April 25, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
Is lot HH on S. Capitol St. under the freeway still available? I'm driving on Sunday.

Thanks.

It's still there, but it's not an "official" Nats lot anymore and charges $10 this year

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #757: April 26, 2013, 04:23:36 PM »
Does anyone have the coupon codes for this year like they posted last year? Being as I am in Atlanta I won't need them but just a thought. Also, if anyone is planning on seeing a game at Turner Field, I have some discount codes for here if anyone is interested.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #758: April 26, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »
Does anyone have the coupon codes for this year like they posted last year? Being as I am in Atlanta I won't need them but just a thought. Also, if anyone is planning on seeing a game at Turner Field, I have some discount codes for here if anyone is interested.

JR2013 and SPH2013

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #759: April 26, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »
Driving in tonight I was planning on hitting the $30 lot, but the Skyline Hotel had a sign up, $10 to park and free wings before and after the game. The biggest no brainer of all time.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #760: April 26, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
Driving in tonight I was planning on hitting the $30 lot, but the Skyline Hotel had a sign up, $10 to park and free wings before and after the game. The biggest no brainer of all time.

Are they planning on doing that more often?  :shock:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #761: April 26, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »
Are they planning on doing that more often?  :shock:

Oh yeah, they want to make it a thing. $5 beers, but I brought my own.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #762: April 26, 2013, 06:50:09 PM »
I'm there next time I'm at the stadium.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #763: April 26, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
I saw that too...sounds like a good deal.  Too bad I had already parked in HH, but I'll keep an eye out next time.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #764: April 26, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »
I saw that too...sounds like a good deal.  Too bad I had already parked in HH, but I'll keep an eye out next time.

Stop in for the post game wings on the way back to HH.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #765: April 26, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »

Where's the Skyline?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #766: April 26, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
It's about 4 blocks north of Nationals Park. I probably walk at least as far as that where I regularly park. Plus if you need tickets you can walk right past the scalpers.   :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #767: April 26, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
It's about 4 blocks north of Nationals Park. I probably walk at least as far as that where I regularly park. Plus if you need tickets you can walk right past the scalpers.   :lol:

Thanks  ...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #768: April 26, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Where's the Skyline?

395N to South Cap, first right, the big hotel.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #769: April 26, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
395N to South Cap, first right, the big hotel.

I checked out Google.    Looks like an easy find.   Thanks   ....

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #770: April 27, 2013, 07:38:49 AM »
I stopped by the lounge after the game and having walked pretty fast I was the first one there, they had a full hot tray with wings and a big bowl of dressing.  They went a bit overboard on the hot sauce for my taste so I passed.

The nice thing about their location is that from the time I opened my car door to the time I pulled on to 395S was literally less than 30 seconds.  As I pulled out of the garage someone let me merge in and the light was green, quite a nice capper to a two hour shut out victory.  Home by 9:40.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #771: April 29, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »
Is there still a section in The Centerfield stands where you get an included amount of food and beverages with the ticket purchase?

Looking at the seat map today, I didnt see it. When did they do away with that?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #772: May 02, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
Is there still a section in The Centerfield stands where you get an included amount of food and beverages with the ticket purchase?

Looking at the seat map today, I didnt see it. When did they do away with that?

It's the "Center Field Lounge" section (light green on the seating chart at Nationals.com). Go to the "Seating & Pricing" link and note the asterisks next to the pricing. The team's website is unclear as to whether those seats are sold on a single-game basis with the $20 food/beverage/merchandise credit included, however.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #773: May 02, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »
It's the "Center Field Lounge" section (light green on the seating chart at Nationals.com). Go to the "Seating & Pricing" link and note the asterisks next to the pricing. The team's website is unclear as to whether those seats are sold on a single-game basis with the $20 food/beverage/merchandise credit included, however.
Section 100 no longer has seats with the $20 loaded on them....one of the cost cutting measures at the park this year, they took out all those seats and replaced them with restaurant seating.
You still have the normal section 100 seating forward of the resturant but no longer have in seat service.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #774: May 03, 2013, 09:47:18 AM »
Huh, interesting that they still list it on the seating chart, then.