Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171129 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #450: August 07, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
This is excellent information.  My kids are 7 and 9 and both wilt like flowers in the heat and direct sunlight.  Perhaps the 3rd base side is better - especially for the day game.

Yep.  Better view of the scoreboard, better shade. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #451: August 07, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
O.k. . .   So I am on Stub Hub tonight researching tickets for when I make my pilgrimage to DC in September and I am noticing that seats are really inexpensive in section 222.  Can anyone tell me why that is?  Must be obstructed views, right?

I'd stick with 222, best bargain seats in the house (followed by the 300 level), they can be in the sun but this is offset by several factors: 1) for night games the sun sets fairly quickly so it won't last long, 2) this is the breeziest section of the park with the wind coming off the river, 3) by September a little sunshine might be a plus, some of the best food options in the park are nearby, and 5) the fans in this area aren't as strict about sticking to their assigned seats as in other areas in the park so that the shady areas in the upper rows will be filled early and then people move down to the lower areas when the sun sets.   Of course the deciding factor is that these seats are cheaper than the equivalents on the 3rd base side.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #452: August 07, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »
This is excellent information.  My kids are 7 and 9 and both wilt like flowers in the heat and direct sunlight.  Perhaps the 3rd base side is better - especially for the day game.

Just remember, the 400-level seats on the 3rd base side will be shaded from the first pitch to the last, so that's the best place to sit. And any row in those sections except for A and B have a great view! And the scoreboard is right there - provides some needed entertainment between innings for the kids.

Good luck! And have fun :)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #453: August 07, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »
You will need more than just the 3rd base side.  Try to get tickets at the top rows of the section, under the overhang

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #454: August 08, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
You will need more than just the 3rd base side.  Try to get tickets at the top of the row, under the overhang

At the top of a row?  How does that work?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #455: August 08, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »
At the top of a row?  How does that work?
The farthest back rows. Think rows E through N.

Also a GREAT resource for those who can't decide what seats they want! A 3d map of the park by seating area: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/seats_3d.jsp

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #456: August 08, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
I'm in 310.  So there's something to be said for sitting in a spot that hasn't been in the Sun all day.  My first year I was in 226.  Too hot!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #457: August 09, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
I'm in 310.  So there's something to be said for sitting in a spot that hasn't been in the Sun all day.  My first year I was in 226.  Too hot!

Even for a Sunday afternoon match, that area's pretty good - TBSITH is normally under shade by 14.30.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #458: August 11, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
O.k. . .   So I am on Stub Hub tonight researching tickets for when I make my pilgrimage to DC in September and I am noticing that seats are really inexpensive in section 222.  Can anyone tell me why that is?  Must be obstructed views, right?

Lots of stairs, I guess. These seats are right off of the main concourse and have a mostly great view. You can't see 10% of the outfield when the  ball goes into the corner.

These are my favorite seats.

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #459: August 12, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »
Does anybody know what face value is going to be on playoff tickets?  I'm trying to budget for Stubhub as a non season ticket holder.  I'm guessing the price of the "prime" games + $5-$20 depending on seat (for the divisional round).

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #460: August 12, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
Does anybody know what face value is going to be on playoff tickets?  I'm trying to budget for Stubhub as a non season ticket holder.  I'm guessing the price of the "prime" games + $5-$20 depending on seat (for the divisional round).

There are a couple of other threads about this topic, including this one: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27368.50.  It looks like the cheapest seats for the NLDS will be $30 face value. 

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #461: August 12, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
I used to take the Metro to go to games, but lately I've been driving and parking in lot HH under the overpass. The parking is cheap, but it's quite a hike to the stadium. How much is the parking lot I see that is adjacent to the Frederick Douglas Bridge? It's probably more than $5, but it's much closer to the stadium. If it isn't too expensive, I might try to park there next time. Anybody know what I'm talking about, and how much that parking lot is? Thanks!

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #462: August 12, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
I used to take the Metro to go to games, but lately I've been driving and parking in lot HH under the overpass. The parking is cheap, but it's quite a hike to the stadium. How much is the parking lot I see that is adjacent to the Frederick Douglas Bridge? It's probably more than $5, but it's much closer to the stadium. If it isn't too expensive, I might try to park there next time. Anybody know what I'm talking about, and how much that parking lot is? Thanks!

$15 or $17 depending on the game.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #463: August 12, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »
$15 or $17 depending on the game.

That lot is $18.

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #464: August 12, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
That lot is $18.

Sounds like a good deal. It's Atlantic Parking, right? Do you need to buy a parking ticket on-line and reserve in advance or can you pay cash?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #465: August 12, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »
Sounds like a good deal. It's Atlantic Parking, right? Do you need to buy a parking ticket on-line and reserve in advance or can you pay cash?

Pay cash, but if the game has high attendance you don't want to get there too late, it has filled up on occasion this season.  Otherwise, you have to drive west towards Fort McNair and hope to find street parking.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #466: August 12, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Pay cash, but if the game has high attendance you don't want to get there too late, it has filled up on occasion this season.  Otherwise, you have to drive west towards Fort McNair and hope to find street parking.

Where is there street parking that's not zone 6 only?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #467: August 12, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
Where is there street parking that's not zone 6 only?

A fair amount of it along 2nd St. SW.  12-hour meters on one side, limited free parking on the other.  No residential restrictions south of R St.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #468: August 12, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »
A fair amount of it along 2nd St. SW.  12-hour meters on one side, limited free parking on the other.  No residential restrictions south of R St.

Some of us have zone 6 so it was more an academic exercise :razz:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #469: August 13, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
Some of us have zone 6 so it was more an academic exercise :razz:

Yet another zone 6 elitist.    :roll:

Dude, we don't need your sticker.  Usually when I get there at say 5:45, a dime is good enough to get me to the meter shutoff at 6.

Offline RL04

« Reply #470: August 14, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
If one has Season Tickets and then wants to invite additional friends or relatives to come along to one particular game, can one exchange their ST's for that indivudual game for another larger amount group of seats together?   

Thanks.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #471: August 14, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »
If one has Season Tickets and then wants to invite additional friends or relatives to come along to one particular game, can one exchange their ST's for that indivudual game for another larger amount group of seats together?   

Thanks.

I've been able to do that in years past.  I'd recommend doing it in advance.  You can probably go the ticket office by the CF gate (opposite side of the plaza from the team store), though during games they often make you go to the ticket services counter behind Section 130.  They've always been super helpful when I've had requests like this.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #472: August 14, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »

Thanks.

To echo RDG, it's very doable.  I did that several times this year.  Much better to do it in advance, better options and they shutdown the office outside of the CF gate about an hour and a half before gametime...I've seen them tell folks that are already in line that they need to go inside.  ST staff has been very helpful every time I've exchanged.

Offline RL04

« Reply #473: August 14, 2012, 02:32:23 PM »
Excellent!  THANKS GUYS.   Yes, of course, I'd do it in advance.

That's great to know because I'm very seriously thinking of getting (partial) ST for next year.
But it would be a real drawback if I was limited to never having an additional person come along.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #474: August 14, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
Excellent!  THANKS GUYS.   Yes, of course, I'd do it in advance.

That's great to know because I'm very seriously thinking of getting (partial) ST for next year.
But it would be a real drawback if I was limited to never having an additional person come along.

DO IT!  I bought 2 seats in a partial plan for this year, but I've only been in "my" seats for maybe 5 games.  I've done a bunch of exchanges or RCR to take my entire family or a group friends to about 20 games so far this season.  I have a feeling exchanges/RCR will get a tad more difficult due to availability as the STH base gets bigger.