Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171113 times)

Offline markfnc

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #400: July 09, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
I meant to say not as cheap as parking, but we have the day pass anyways.

Well we went to the game on Thursday.  Nats win on bottom of 9th 6-5 so game was great.  very hot. we got there at 4:25.  went into park when gates opened at 4:30.  saw Nats take batting practice . Harper hit a few monster shots.  sub way in was great.  crowded on way out, but looks like metro planned for it with extra cars etc.  no issues.  no free tap water that we could find was rough.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #401: July 09, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Well we went to the game on Thursday.  Nats win on bottom of 9th 6-5 so game was great.  very hot. we got there at 4:25.  went into park when gates opened at 4:30.  saw Nats take batting practice . Harper hit a few monster shots.  sub way in was great.  crowded on way out, but looks like metro planned for it with extra cars etc.  no issues.  no free tap water that we could find was rough.

They have opened up one of the large air-conditioned conference rooms for the past several games.  The conference rooms are behind section 202-203 along the third-base side (you have to access that level via the ramps/elevators in that area - you can't go around from the other side of the 200s where the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk area is unless you have Stars & Stripes Club access, in which case you wouldn't need a cooling center).  They had plenty of dispensers with cold water and ice available and paramedics were staffing it.

Offline JdoubleU

« Reply #402: July 13, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
Where can you find the 1924 throw back cap? I went to the stadium & they were sold out. I love that hat!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #403: July 13, 2012, 11:52:12 AM »
The MLB Shop should have them soon.  Though you may want to try Lids too.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #404: July 14, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »
Why are all the promotional items now only being distributed at the CF gates?  I like avoiding the crowds by using the other gates, and sometimes the CF gate is not the most convenient one for us to enter through.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #405: July 14, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
Maybe people were doubling up by going to other gates.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #406: July 14, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »
Why are all the promotional items now only being distributed at the CF gates?  I like avoiding the crowds by using the other gates, and sometimes the CF gate is not the most convenient one for us to enter through.

Trying to stop guys like this with the blue bag from getting a couple dozen bobbleheads.

Offline jensgt

« Reply #407: July 15, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
Anybody take big lenses to the park?  I am trying to take a EF 100-400mm f4-5.6 L IS and its just under 8 inches when fully retracted.  Its longer when extended...so I am not sure how picky they are when looking at the lenses at the gate.  The website says it must be under 8 inches.  I am going to be going on Friday and we have row A seats so I won't be bumping anybody in the back of the head or anything with it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #408: July 15, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
Anybody take big lenses to the park?  I am trying to take a EF 100-400mm f4-5.6 L IS and its just under 8 inches when fully retracted.  Its longer when extended...so I am not sure how picky they are when looking at the lenses at the gate.  The website says it must be under 8 inches.  I am going to be going on Friday and we have row A seats so I won't be bumping anybody in the back of the head or anything with it.

I'd ask this on Twitter, the blogger crowd posts there and they're big into photography.

One thing to watch out for is a guy who looks like Mr. Ed and wears #320, he's the capitan of the fan police when it comes to camera lenses.

Offline jensgt

« Reply #409: July 15, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
thanks for the heads up

Offline jensgt

« Reply #410: July 15, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
Ok so stupid question..because I am not much of a twitter user.  I asked the question and put @Nationals.  Is there anything else I should do? 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #411: July 15, 2012, 10:01:07 PM »
Ok so stupid question..because I am not much of a twitter user.  I asked the question and put @Nationals.  Is there anything else I should do? 

A team rep will answer with the official policy but not necessarily the best answer as far as how the rule is enforced. Try using the hash tags #Nats and #natitude to get better responses.

I retweeted it with the #Nats hashtag.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #412: July 15, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

we had always found in the past that your best bet of getting a promotional item was to enter through a side gate.  I'm guessing they did it so they don't have to deal with people entering the CF gate then running over to the other gates to beg for an item.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #413: July 15, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »
we had always found in the past that your best bet of getting a promotional item was to enter through a side gate.  I'm guessing they did it so they don't have to deal with people entering the CF gate then running over to the other gates to beg for an item.

Could also be inventory control, keeping team employees from slipping the good out the side doors and on to eBay.

Offline jensgt

« Reply #414: July 15, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
A team rep will answer with the official policy but not necessarily the best answer as far as how the rule is enforced. Try using the hash tags #Nats and #natitude to get better responses.

I retweeted it with the #Nats hashtag.

Thanks!!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #415: July 16, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
Anybody take big lenses to the park? 

Yes. Keep a smaller lense on the camera when walking into the park. Stuff the other in the bottom of the bag and throw a windbreaker or a towel over it. From what I am told, enforcement is stricter closer to the field but I have not had any problems. I have had to demonstrate a monopod a once or twice.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #416: July 17, 2012, 12:12:48 AM »
Thanks!!

Go find Cheryl Nichols public addy or tweet her. She will know the official policy as well as what you can get away with by heart.

Offline jensgt

« Reply #417: July 17, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
Will do!  Thanks!

Offline JPC

« Reply #418: July 17, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
For the Strasburg bobblehead I entered through the gate behind homeplate.  There were about 200 left at this enterance so I got one but surrounding the table were about 50 people pissed off that had entered through the CF gate and didn't get one.  The ticket takers wouldn't give them any unless they had an unused ticket to scan.  Maybe the are trying to get away from this situation from happening again.  At the time I knew the only shot I had of getting one was going to a gate that is hardly used.

Offline machpost

« Reply #419: July 18, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »
Another Nats Park note: Verizon 4G service is a heck of a lot better than Verizon 3G.

And AT&T 3G, along with the in-park Wi-Fi are completely unusable if there are more than a handful of people at the game.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #420: July 18, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
And AT&T 3G, along with the in-park Wi-Fi are completely unusable if there are more than a handful of people at the game.

Nice to have that confirmed thought it might just have been me.

Offline Jski

« Reply #421: July 19, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
How do the rows go in the park? Are the double letters "AA" high up or towards the bottom of the section. Thanks!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #422: July 19, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
How do the rows go in the park? Are the double letters "AA" high up or towards the bottom of the section. Thanks!

That's right, single letters then double letters.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #423: July 20, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »
AA is in the middle

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #424: July 20, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
Tip for coming in from the gravel lot, after parking walk toward the back of the lot and around the little fence into the old Florida Rock site, then walk up to the end of the bridge and hop the rail. This saves a couple minutes of walking time. Wouldn't recommend it heading back.