Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15357 times)

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
 Does anybody else think that someone forgot to tell these guys they are a "team" or maybe they just need a definition of what a "team" is -like playing together, being there for each other, not trying to steal the spotlight, working together to make a basket, etc?   :roll:  Christ, just shoot me now, to have to keep watching this through April.... :doh:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
...meanwhile, Susan O'Malley Math seems to be making a comeback...after reasonably credible attendance figures at the home fixtures to date, yesterday's announced attendance was 14,687 - the place was barely half full at best, and several sections in the 400's were completely empty at tip-off.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
another great Jarvis McGee moment, terrible hook shot, runs up court thinking it went in, then misses a pass for a lay in.

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=1iMLTB-z_ir_mxbM_eY30bVK1O54KATsnnGoV8X

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
jarvis mcgee!?

but hey, to McGee's credit he has actually been making those hook shots recently.

Offline ronnynat

Booker has a sweet shot.

Offline CatsEye

Did anybody see Lin cross over Wall and then dunk the shot - HOLY COW -It Was Epic.... Starting with the 3rd quarter, the Knicks started showing some attitude on the court - I mean - DAWG Attitude - it was awesome (yes, I am a Wizards fan, but it was slap-down basketball with the Knicks).....it was a great game, even if we lost.  Believe it - the Knicks were in the house, and all their fans had signs, and even flags of Lin's home country -it was a total fan interactive  game. Sweet...... :cheers:

Note: Lin is the new up and comer in the NBA - creating alot of excitment - alot of talk..... gaining a large fanbase.......and exciting to watch...

Offline ronnynat

Best game of the season for the Wiz tonight. Great team effort.

Offline OldChelsea

...and first back-to-back wins since April.

They're still a long way from contending (and have an away toughie tonight in the much-improved Clippers) but there have been positive signs.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
This team sucks but some of these young guys can be really good. Just watching Seraphin and Booker, they go up to the board strong and fight for loose balls.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Javale McGee usually acts like a baby after calls but he's playing like a real baby today. He's only going for blocks and isn't hustling at all. He obviously shoved one King with his arm to create separation and it was obviously blatant. He walks back down the court with shaking his head like usual.

Offline OldChelsea

Javale McGee usually acts like a baby after calls but he's playing like a real baby today. He's only going for blocks and isn't hustling at all. He obviously shoved one King with his arm to create separation and it was obviously blatant. He walks back down the court with shaking his head like usual.

He looked to me like he was a bit under the weather.

Do the Wizards think they're playing hockey? In some recent matches they've been at least decent for the first three quarters (periods?) but these recent fourth quarters have been horrific.

Offline PatsNats28

I forgot how little defense they play in the All-Star game. 5 guys stand around while a guy drives past them for a dunk.

Offline ronnynat

What a game! Booker is a beast.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
What a great second half.    Booker was outstanding  ....  what?    17 or 18 rebounds?    about 20 points?    ...  a local kid to boot.    But day-um, Nick Young loves to shoot.   LOL

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
booker had 17 rebounds and 18 points

Offline CatsEye

It was a glorious game. :woop:  It was epic.   :yesyes: I am still numb -the Wizards won over the Lakers-and I was there in the 2nd row and saw it !   :shock:  Sweet!   :yesyes:   :cheers:

Offline ronnynat

The latest rumor is that the Wizards are trying to trade McGee and Lewis to the Bucks for Bogut and Stephen Jackson.

I like McGee, but I think I'd make that trade. A starting five of Wall, Young, Jackson, Booker, and Bogut would be better than anything we have right now. Plus, we'd be able to get rid of Lewis' ridiculous contract and get more pieces for next season.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Wizards trade McGee and Turiaf to Nuggets, Young to Clippers for Nene.

Online HalfSmokes

Amnesty Baltch and Ernie's dug himself out of a hole

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Nene? Wow. Damn good acquisition, and they got rid of two headcases in McGee and Young while they were at it.

Offline PC

It's a three team trade and it does include Young.  He goes to Clippers for Brian Cook and a draft pick.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
nene's missed something like the last month with an injury.  Let me guess, he's a FA at the end of the year?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
nene's missed something like the last month with an injury.  Let me guess, he's a FA at the end of the year?
Four years, $52 million left after this season.

Online HalfSmokes

Expairing would have made him more valuable

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
i'm rooting for the bobctas so we can wind up with anthony davis in the draft