Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 38701 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Reply #125: September 05, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
Ok, guys.  WITHOUT being nasty and vicious, please tell me what you think is going on with Bergmann.  His past couple of outtings have been rough, to say the least.  I can see what the box score looks like, that's not what I'm asking.  I'm asking an honest question.
He's bad in all facets - poor control and easily hammered.

My take is that it's yet another rough patch for a wildly inconsistent pitcher.  He's just not a part of this team's future.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #126: September 05, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
great snag by EB and crappy overthrow!

Offline natinthehat

« Reply #127: September 05, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
Ok, guys.  WITHOUT being nasty and vicious, please tell me what you think is going on with Bergmann.  His past couple of outtings have been rough, to say the least.  I can see what the box score looks like, that's not what I'm asking.  I'm asking an honest question.

I don't know what will happen to him, but I almost feel sorry for him.  Personally I hope they send him to Japan to "find himself" and he never comes back.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #128: September 05, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »
He's bad in all facets - poor control and easily hammered.

My take is that it's yet another rough patch for a wildly inconsistent pitcher.  He's just not a part of this team's future.

Bummer.  That just makes me :(

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #129: September 05, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »

Pure speculation on my part but here's my guess.

He's already been told by Bowden in the past to shape up and throw strikes or he was off to minors. My guess is that he had yet another talking to regarding his abysmal performance last Saturday. After he walked in that run tonight, I suspect whatever they threatened him with will shortly come to pass hence the temper tantrum.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #130: September 05, 2008, 09:05:23 PM »
sigh. Bonifacio's got great range but he needs to work on his throws.

After watching the first 2 games of this series, it looks like Bowden or Kasten sent a message to all of the players and coaches that we need to start losing again so we get the #1 pick.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #131: September 05, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »
I don't know what will happen to him, but I almost feel sorry for him.  Personally I hope they send him to Japan to "find himself" and he never comes back.

I do feel bad for him because he's harder on himself than you all can believe.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #132: September 05, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »
No it's not just the media.  But that's not true by any stretch of the imagination anyways...
It's an exaggeration, but good players on bad teams get overlooked.  That's what Lannan is.  You don't hear him get mentioned as a star because he ISN'T a star - he's just above average.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #133: September 05, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
You are overlooking all of the young talent we have.

Look at the Rays this season. They have none of these stars you are talking about. They just have a lot of very solid young players mixed together with a few decent vets. No stars at all.
no stars at all?  Are you insane?   :shock:  Whatever...you guys go ahead and cheer on the nobody squad.   :roll:  Are you looking at the season record?  Are you looking at TONIGHT's score?!?  Man... <exasperated> I can't beleive you are defending this crap of a roster...but ok.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #134: September 05, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »
Pure speculation on my part but here's my guess.

He's already been told by Bowden in the past to shape up and throw strikes or he was off to minors. My guess is that he had yet another talking to regarding his abysmal performance last Saturday. After walking in that run, I suspect whatever they threatened him with will shortly come to pass hence the temper tantrum.

What temper tantrum.  I just tuned in at the top of the 4th.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #135: September 05, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
I do feel bad for him because he's harder on himself than you all can believe.
This might be the problem.  Most of his problems are supposedly psychological.  He has to work on not getting so flustered.  Usually, when he does badly, it's a matter of the floodgates opening after a small mistake.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #136: September 05, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
This might be the problem.  Most of his problems are supposedly psychological.  He has to work on not getting so flustered.  Usually, when he does badly, it's a matter of the floodgates opening after a small mistake.

You could be right.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #137: September 05, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
no stars at all?  Are you insane?   :shock:  Whatever...you guys go ahead and cheer on the nobody squad.   :roll:  Are you looking at the season record?  Are you looking at TONIGHT's score?!?  Man... <exasperated> I can't beleive you are defending this crap of a roster...but ok.
I'm not defending this crap roster, I'm defending the young talent we have in the system. Are all these guys nobodies?

-Ryan Zimmerman
-Jesus Flores
-Lastings Milledge
-Elijah Dukes
-Emilio Bonifacio
-John Lannan
-Collin Balester
-Garrett Mock
-Jordan Zimmermann
-Shairon Martis
-Roger Bernadina

I could go on further if you'd like. Sure we could use a few more pieces but we are on the right track.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #138: September 05, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
What temper tantrum.  I just tuned in at the top of the 4th.

I didn't see it but the radio said he stormed off the mound, slammed his glove, and was upset. Of course that's radio so maybe it wasn't quite so dramatic.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #139: September 05, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »
Zim's BA up to .286.  :clap:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #140: September 05, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
I didn't see it but the radio said he stormed off the mound, slammed his glove, and was upset.

Whoops!  That shows me that he was/is REALLY mad at himself.  He's more than likely being super, super hard on himself.  Which as Actavation said is probably what's going on with him.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #141: September 05, 2008, 09:12:22 PM »
I'm not defending this crap roster, I'm defending the young talent we have in the system. Are all these guys nobodies?

-Ryan Zimmerman
-Jesus Flores
-Lastings Milledge
-Elijah Dukes
-Emilio Bonifacio
-John Lannan
-Collin Balester
-Garrett Mock
-Jordan Zimmermann
-Shairon Martis
-Roger Bernadina

I could go on further if you'd like. Sure we could use a few more pieces but we are on the right track.
Hello?  Yes - absolutely yes.  None of them represent an ALL STAR quality franchise player.  None.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #142: September 05, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »
Hello?  Yes - absolutely yes.  None of them represent an ALL STAR quality franchise player.  None.

Patience grasshopper.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #143: September 05, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
Well, duh, because their all young guys. This team is building from the farm system and up.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #144: September 05, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »
Go jump off a cliff, Manny. Zimmerman has gotten a hit to lead of the inning twice tonight only to be stranded because Casto and Langerhans are in the 4 and 5 spots. How freaking stupid can one guy be? Casto and Langerhans weren't even batting clean-up when they were in AAA.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #145: September 05, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »
Patience grasshopper.
patience...patience...patience.  Keep buying tickets, keep watching MASN...keep buying stuff. 
2009 team sucks
2010 team sucks
2011 team sucks
2012 team sucks....
keep being patient!  Keep spending your money!   :roll:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #146: September 05, 2008, 09:20:39 PM »
Potomac-Wilmington (7th Inning):  Edward Teaford stays on the mound for Wilmington (84 pitches).  Dee Brown and Matt Rogelstad both strike out, giving Teaford his 8th and 9th strikeouts, respectively.  Wilmington's bullpen is stirring, this should be Teaford's last inning.  King sends a weak grounder to the third baseman, Severino on his way back out for the bottom of the 7th.

Tarrod Dyson leads off with bunt, which Michael Martinez gets caught in his glove; the throw is late to first, bunt single.  Wilmington looks to be turning to the small ball in an attempt to get back in this game.  The next batter hits an infield grounder, Severino tags the batter at first, but the runner advances to second.  Paolo Orlando (0-3, 1 K), is walked by Severino after a full count.  Cody Strait hits two foul balls down the left field line, then pops one to Andrew Lefave in foul territory for a huge out #2.  Former DSL Nat/Hagerstown Sun, Ozzie Rodriguez, is warming up in the bull pen.  A black cloud falls over Wilmington yet again, as Severino walks another batter and fills the bases for the third time tonight for the Blue Rocks.  Seven walks so far tonight for the Potomac pitching staff.  Severino pulls out the magic for a second time tonight, striking out Bianchi on a called strike three low and inside.  11 stranded runners for Wilmington.

P-Nats 1, Wilmington 0
Due up:  Burgess (1-2, 2B, R, SO) - Solano (0-1, S) - Whiting (1-1, SF, RBI)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #147: September 05, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
Potomac-Wilmington (7th Inning):  Edward Teaford stays on the mound for Wilmington (84 pitches).  Dee Brown and Matt Rogelstad both strike out, giving Teaford his 8th and 9th strikeouts, respectively.  Wilmington's bullpen is stirring, this should be Teaford's last inning.  King sends a weak grounder to the third baseman, Severino on his way back out for the bottom of the 7th.

Tarrod Dyson leads off with bunt, which Michael Martinez gets caught in his glove; the throw is late to first, bunt single.  Wilmington looks to be turning to the small ball in an attempt to get back in this game.  The next batter hits an infield grounder, Severino tags the batter at first, but the runner advances to second.  Paolo Orlando (0-3, 1 K), is walked by Severino after a full count.  Cody Strait hits two foul balls down the left field line, then pops one to Andrew Lefave in foul territory for a huge out #2.  Former DSL Nat/Hagerstown Sun, Ozzie Rodriguez, is warming up in the bull pen.  A black cloud falls over Wilmington yet again, as Severino walks another batter and fills the bases for the third time tonight for the Blue Rocks.  Seven walks so far tonight for the Potomac pitching staff.  Severino pulls out the magic for a second time tonight, striking out Bianchi on a called strike three low and inside.  11 stranded runners for Wilmington.

P-Nats 1, Wilmington 0
Due up:  Burgess (1-2, 2B, R, SO) - Solano (0-1, S) - Whiting (1-1, SF, RBI)
Sounds like another awesome game. Hope Potomac can hold on.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #148: September 05, 2008, 09:21:55 PM »
patience...patience...patience.  Keep buying tickets, keep watching MASN...keep buying stuff. 
keep being patient!  Keep spending your money!   :roll:

Illusionary cows. Do you have patience...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #149: September 05, 2008, 09:23:38 PM »
He was out. Horrible call. Oh well, we're the lowly Nats. Manny doesn't give a freak. Great play by RZ.