Author Topic: OOTP: Out of the Park Baseball  (Read 3894 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: OOTP: Out of the Park Baseball
« Reply #50: January 26, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
If you don't like the depth, add more players ("Generate Players for X Rounds" setting) but keep the number of rounds the same.

Where can I find this option at?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #51: January 26, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
League options and Rules -> Rules

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #52: January 26, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Has anyone ever played with draft pick trading enabled? I wonder if the AI can handle doing that effectively.

A game as Oakland or Seattle with draft pick trading on might be fun.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #53: January 26, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
Has anyone ever played with draft pick trading enabled? I wonder if the AI can handle doing that effectively.

A game as Oakland or Seattle with draft pick trading on might be fun.

Yes, trading for top picks late in the season is hard, but early in the season hope springs eternal and you can end up with the top few picks in the draft for good relievers

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #54: January 26, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
League options and Rules -> Rules

Awesome, thanks.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #55: January 27, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
all this talk made me want to play again- realized i still had the '11 version, downloaded the new one for $10 bucks and realized the computer AI has gotten better at trades

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #56: January 27, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
all this talk made me want to play again- realized i still had the '11 version, downloaded the new one for $10 bucks and realized the computer AI has gotten better at trades

That's not nice. I used to absolutely hose the computer at trades. Which is how my rotation is Greinke, Gallardo, Cliff Lee, Rick Porcello, and Ryan Dempster.

I sent Will Venable to Detroit for Porcello and Scherzer, then flipped Scherzer to Washington for Derek Norris straight up. That sort of backfired, though, because Scherzer is a total beast - although Porcello (1.80 ERA) is even more of a beast.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #57: January 27, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
That's not nice. I used to absolutely hose the computer at trades. Which is how my rotation is Greinke, Gallardo, Cliff Lee, Rick Porcello, and Ryan Dempster.

I sent Will Venable to Detroit for Porcello and Scherzer, then flipped Scherzer to Washington for Derek Norris straight up. That sort of backfired, though, because Scherzer is a total beast - although Porcello (1.80 ERA) is even more of a beast.

my problem with AI trades is that you can usually get them to throw in any 5 star prospect AA and below by tossing in an extra MR

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #58: January 27, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »

my problem with AI trades is that you can usually get them to throw in any 5 star prospect AA and below by tossing in an extra MR

You must have the Omar Minaya Mode toggle switched on. ;)

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #59: January 28, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
Change the trading difficulty to "Very Hard"  and "Favors Prospects". Even with that though I don't exploit the AI.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #60: January 28, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
Trading on Very Hard sucks, though. It kills the shop around feature and big trades pretty much never happen. I have not tried "favors prospects", though.

I dropped it back to normal with heavy house rules: no exploiting AI, make sure the trade is fair and makes sense for both teams, etc.

If they overhauled trade AI to the point where it's realistic, I'd be ecstatic.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #61: January 28, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »
I was shocked at how bad our system looks when I fire the director and hire freeman after year one- he knocked down most guys (interestingly he raised Lombo to five star potential)

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #62: January 28, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
I used to think so but you can make trades, even blockbuster ones, if the timing is right. Granted I think the window is  only a day or two. The shop player does return junk but I imagine that is realistic.

I would like more options between hard and very hard though. Also I wish these settings were by GM.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #63: January 28, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
Yes, that would be awesome.

Meant to put a big "in my experience" before my opinions about VH trading, btw.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #64: January 28, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
I thought I would share because I can see how people would dismiss it because it seemed almost impossible at first.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #65: April 14, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »
So I picked up OOTP13 last week. Started a season with the Nats, it's been going really well as I'm 35-28 and in first place.

June 15 - game 1 of Nats vs. Yankees. Werth is on the DL and Bernadina/Ankiel aren't getting it done. Bryce Harper gets the call-up as he's hitting .305 in AAA. Start him in CF.

First at-bat: two-run home run to RF. :az:

And now Harper ties it in the bottom of the 8th with an RBI single :clap: