Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417222 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1800: January 08, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
AWESOME user name!  Have you considered doing a partial plan in the 300s?  That's what we have right now and it's a good deal given how many games we go to.

I was going to suggest the partial plan as well, plenty of good seats in and around sections 205 and 225.  If they want to attend 9-10 games, pick a 20 game plan and StubHub the extras.  Finding a full season group would probably be a bit cheaper, but the added flexibility of picking games and the STH perks would make it worth the slight extra cost.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1801: January 08, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
Those sections are often in the 2-for-1 and $1 and $2 games deals. 

Is BPG still active?

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #1802: January 08, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
I was going to suggest the partial plan as well, plenty of good seats in and around sections 205 and 225.  If they want to attend 9-10 games, pick a 20 game plan and StubHub the extras.  Finding a full season group would probably be a bit cheaper, but the added flexibility of picking games and the STH perks would make it worth the slight extra cost.

I had seats in 313 in 2008 and 2009 but I would pay $5 more to sit lower in the mezzanine.

I'm worried whether I would actually get anything close to season ticket price on Stubbub for mezzanine seats. Anybody with any experience? Plus, the thought of unwittingly selling to Philthies fans is disturbing. But I agree it could be hard to find a season ticket group in the mezzanine.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1803: January 08, 2012, 03:44:25 PM »
Those sections are often in the 2-for-1 and $1 and $2 games deals. 
Only in the far corner by the foul pole, 223 is at the other end of the section, closer to home.

Is BPG still active?

Not extremely active, but I did post there this morning.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1804: January 08, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
I had seats in 313 in 2008 and 2009 but I would pay $5 more to sit lower in the mezzanine.

I'm worried whether I would actually get anything close to season ticket price on Stubbub for mezzanine seats. Anybody with any experience? Plus, the thought of unwittingly selling to Philthies fans is disturbing. But I agree it could be hard to find a season ticket group in the mezzanine.

Resale is hit or miss.  Historically September games have no resale value, although we can always hope that things will be different this year.  For other months I can make a small profit on some games and take a small loss on others, with the generous exchange program for unused tickets, if I can't sell mine for a reasonable price I trade them in for a future game.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1805: January 08, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »
Only in the far corner by the foul pole, 223 is at the other end of the section, closer to home.

We had seats in 223, 205, and 206 last year for $1 and $2 seats last season, but we also got them the second they went on sale.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1806: January 08, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »
We had seats in 223, 205, and 206 last year for $1 and $2 seats last season, but we also got them the second they went on sale.

Oh, the two for one deals are in the far corners, I didn't realize that the dollar deals were that good.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1807: January 08, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Oh, the two for one deals are in the far corners, I didn't realize that the dollar deals were that good.

Oh yeah, the day game tickets were pretty nice too.

Offline NatsandSkins

« Reply #1808: January 08, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kristin been a huge fan of the Nationals since day one.. but just started obsessing over them in the last two years. Currently a student. I live in Virginia, have a cat named Molasses, and never miss an episode of the Kardashians.

My first order of business when I eventually move to DC will be buying season tickets to the Nats games.

My favorite players are R. Zimmerman, Morse, and Pudge. I look forward to hanging out in the forums with other crazy Nationals fans

Also, it's worth noting that I hate the Phillies and Diamondbacks

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1809: January 08, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »
Welcome!

Hate the Phillies? You'll fit right in, here!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1810: January 09, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »
Welcome NatsandSkins!

Why hate the Diamondbacks?  Just Curious.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1811: January 09, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
She hates snakes.  Goes back to Genesis.  Something about some snake duping one of her ancestors into eating an apple.  :lol:

Welcome to the board, NatsandSkins! 

Offline NatsandSkins

« Reply #1812: January 09, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »
She hates snakes.  Goes back to Genesis.  Something about some snake duping one of her ancestors into eating an apple.  :lol:

Welcome to the board, NatsandSkins!

This is spot on. And the fact that last season they were complete douchebags to the Nats. I mean, honestly, how many times can you "accidently" hit the batter?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1813: January 10, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
I just find it funny when I hear announcers say "D-Backs" and it sounds like "D-Bags."  Yes, I may have the mind of a 8 year old.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #1814: January 14, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »
This is spot on. And the fact that last season they were complete douchebags to the Nats. I mean, honestly, how many times can you "accidently" hit the batter?

then marquis hits upton in a 1-0 game (i think) in the 5thish inning and is ejected.  gotta love the quality of umpires in the MLB.

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #1815: January 15, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
Howdy all!

New to the board!  I'm a die-hard Cleveland Indians fan, but a Nats fan at the same time (was part of the people who made the movement to get the Nats in DC (not ownership wise, but in the other sense).

I'm enjoying Manny Acta's work in Cleveland and the way our young team is progressing.  I also follow the Nats closely. 

Feel free to send me a comment any time!  :D

Offline heeman82

« Reply #1816: January 15, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »
Howdy all!

New to the board!  I'm a die-hard Cleveland Indians fan, but a Nats fan at the same time (was part of the people who made the movement to get the Nats in DC (not ownership wise, but in the other sense).

I'm enjoying Manny Acta's work in Cleveland and the way our young team is progressing.  I also follow the Nats closely. 

Feel free to send me a comment any time!  :D

Swung on and belted... WAAAAAAAAAY back!!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1817: January 15, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
Another Indians fan?! Welcome!

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #1818: January 15, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
Yep! Born and raised (for a bit anyway) in Cleveland.  Who else is a Tribe fan?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1819: January 15, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
I think just you and Linty.

Welcome aboard :)

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #1820: January 15, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks all!  :D

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1821: January 16, 2012, 01:18:15 AM »
Yep! Born and raised (for a bit anyway) in Cleveland.  Who else is a Tribe fan?

Are you from Cleveland Proper or a suburb?  I went here for College.  Also my motto is from the league the Terriers play in.

Offline johnsk54

« Reply #1822: January 16, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Hello, 41 year old lifelong Yankee fan from UPSTATE New York who has grown tired of the thinking a homerun is the only offense you need, plus 3:30 hour games every night are actually enjoyable and a different announcing crew for every game is what people want to hear, I decided it was time for a change. I decided after last to season to pick a new team to root for next year.My criteria was they had to be in the National league, they had to be eastern time zone, they had to be available on extra innings, they had to have announcers I enjoyed listening to and most of all they had to be young and fun to watch. I believe the Nationals are that team and look forward to this season.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #1823: January 16, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
Are you from Cleveland Proper or a suburb?  I went here for College.  Also my motto is from the league the Terriers play in.

Born in Metropolitan Hospital...grew up in West Side of Cleveland, then moved to Strongsville, OH (a suburb of Cleveland).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1824: January 16, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
Hello, 41 year old lifelong Yankee fan from UPSTATE New York who has grown tired of the thinking a homerun is the only offense you need, plus 3:30 hour games every night are actually enjoyable and a different announcing crew for every game is what people want to hear, I decided it was time for a change. I decided after last to season to pick a new team to root for next year.My criteria was they had to be in the National league, they had to be eastern time zone, they had to be available on extra innings, they had to have announcers I enjoyed listening to and most of all they had to be young and fun to watch. I believe the Nationals are that team and look forward to this season.

Welcome John.  We actually have a handful of members from upstate that post here from time to time. 

Come on down this summer to Nats Park to catch Wang befuddle that powerhouse Yankees lineup!    :twisted: