Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2  (Read 19646 times)

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2
« Reply #50: April 20, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »
I've been in a crappy mood all day. A win tonight would make me feel a lot better!

Usually when that happens they blow up in the first inning to make it worse.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #51: April 20, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
               So will they still have the game tonight, since the Rockies Team President died this morning? You know, out of respect to the Rockies team -would they postpone the game tonight?

Doubt it. They didn't postpone the game when Harry Kalas died at the field.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #52: April 20, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
I've been in a crappy mood all day. A win tonight would make me feel a lot better!

Same here. Stayed up too late because I went to the game and I've been cranky all day.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #53: April 20, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
               So will they still have the game tonight, since the Rockies Team President died this morning? You know, out of respect to the Rockies team -would they postpone the game tonight?
According to Zuckerman, the game is still on as scheduled, but there's still some sort of tribute/rememberance/moment of silence planned.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #54: April 20, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »

I would assume they'll play it anyway.  Kind of different situations, but the NFL always goes through with their games after something like this.

Actually, having been reminded of that, that's kind of scary for the Nats.  I remember what happened to the Redskins on Wellington Mara day for the Giants. :shock:

RIP Rockies' team pres. Keli McGregor

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #55: April 20, 2010, 03:06:15 PM »
I would assume they'll play it anyway.  Kind of different situations, but the NFL always goes through with their games after something like this.

Actually, having been reminded of that, that's kind of scary for the Nats.  I remember what happened to the Redskins on Wellington Mara day for the Giants. :shock:

RIP Rockies' team pres. Keli McGregor

Remember our home openner last year the day Harry Kalas died?

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #56: April 20, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »
 Thanks all for the info. about the game tonight.   :thumbs:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #57: April 20, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
Remember our home openner last year the day Harry Kalas died?
Actually, I don't for some reason, but I'm sure that's because the Phillies beat us into a pulp.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #58: April 20, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
Actually, I don't for some reason, but I'm sure that's because the Phillies beat us into a pulp.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WAS/WAS200904130.shtml

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #59: April 20, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
I refer to you as a VORPer.   :lmao:

Well, around these here parts, you don't want to be called a "catcher", either.    :lol:

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #60: April 20, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

Traded in my Red Carpet Rewards points for 3 seats in the Lexus club tonight, my number 1 and number 2 daughters will be going with me to celebrate number 2 daughters 26th birthday.

Look for us on MASN, the girls will be in white home Harris and Morgan jerseys' and I'll have a red alternate Maxwell jersey.

Looking forward to another night of baseball
wonder if it'll look any different than it does from the Red Porch.

Offline blue911

« Reply #61: April 20, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Traded in my Red Carpet Rewards points for 3 seats in the Lexus club tonight, my number 1 and number 2 daughters will be going with me to celebrate number 2 daughters 26th birthday.

Look for us on MASN, the girls will be in white home Harris and Morgan jerseys' and I'll have a red alternate Maxwell jersey.

R those the high roller seats?

Offline Galah

« Reply #62: April 20, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
R those the high roller seats?

yep, took about 2/3s of my points

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #63: April 20, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »

Cue ASSCLOWN foot-in-mouth comment :lol:

Galah, where exactly are your seats located?  In other words, where behind the backstop should we be searching?

Offline blue911

« Reply #64: April 20, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »
yep, took about 2/3s of my points

Way cool! Are you going to take your MorganTown sign?

Offline Galah

« Reply #65: April 20, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »
Cue ASSCLOWN foot-in-mouth comment :lol:

Galah, where exactly are your seats located?  In other words, where behind the backstop should we be searching?

Wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't know SF already had a GF
Section D, row J

(the Hometown side of the plate, so you won't see us on ball's and strikes but might when the show the on-deck circle)

Offline Galah

« Reply #66: April 20, 2010, 04:15:02 PM »
Way cool! Are you going to take your MorganTown sign?

You betcha, how else will he know where I am - being the quiet, mild mannered fan that I am.
(I need to re-do it, it's looking a little ragged)

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #67: April 20, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
Love that college students get 50% off tonight. Great move Nats! Hopefully I get there soon enough to get a tshirt.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #68: April 20, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »
I wanted to go tonight but I was very sick yesterday and figure sitting out in the cold for three hours wouldn't be the best thing for me.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #69: April 20, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »
              You can check out the post game news conference with Riggleman after the game in the Lexus club -it stays open 1 hour after the game is over, and the Lexus Club looks right into the press conference room. You might want to try to get a seat by a TV, in the beginning, so if you can't make it out by 1rst innning  to your seats, you can watch it on the screen. The buffet is top-notch and what a great place to take your daughters for their Birthday celebration. Also, if you haven't been there before, you can fill up plastic drink glasses with Ice Tea or Lemonade, right by the door as you go out to your seats from the Lexus Club. What a great way to celebrate a birthday. Have a great time.              :D

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #70: April 20, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
Galah, I'll be grilling a sirloin in honor of the filet you are about to receive.

Offline blue911

« Reply #71: April 20, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »
Galah, I'll be grilling a sirloin in honor of the filet you are about to receive.

ugh... flat iron or skirt if you want inexpensive. Sirloin ain't your fathers sirloin.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #72: April 20, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
ugh... flat iron or skirt if you want inexpensive. Sirloin ain't your fathers sirloin.

One Earth sells both those for $8.99 a lbs. and Sirloin for $5.99. I would go with London Broil for cheap.

Edit: I meant Whole Foods. I figure since I was the only person that watched The Goode Family I might want to name the real store.

Offline Galah

« Reply #73: April 20, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »
              You can check out the post game news conference with Riggleman after the game in the Lexus club -it stays open 1 hour after the game is over, and the Lexus Club looks right into the press conference room. You might want to try to get a seat by a TV, in the beginning, so if you can't make it out by 1rst innning  to your seats, you can watch it on the screen. The buffet is top-notch and what a great place to take your daughters for their Birthday celebration. Also, if you haven't been there before, you can fill up plastic drink glasses with Ice Tea or Lemonade, right by the door as you go out to your seats from the Lexus Club. What a great way to celebrate a birthday. Have a great time.              :D

I'm really psyched about it and so are the girls, never set close enough to argue calls with the home plate umpire, hoping for a good game

Rare PA, about 3 minutes on a side over a good fire. (the WORST part about high rise living - no grill :-(  )

Offline Neuman

• Washington Nationals Examiner
« Reply #74: April 20, 2010, 04:32:04 PM »
Kind of surprised no postponing of the game.  I guess since the Rockies don't hit the East Coast often, that could have something to do with it...

anyways, here is mypreview for the night - let me know what you think

http://tinyurl.com/y7pjnso