Author Topic: Phillies Fans  (Read 1791 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Phillies Fans
« Reply #25: April 02, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »
Ubaldo got 5 day suspension.

That was John Lannan's 1st game.  I wouldnt compare a seasoned vet to a kid who was just called up!  Idiot!

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #26: April 02, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
Based on that video, it does look like Ubaldo was more than "ready to go" very quickly after throwing that pitch. He wasted no time throwing his gear away and quickly walking towards Tulowitzki in no time at all. You can't help but feel like there was something behind it no doubt. It's a ST game for crying out loud.

Dude hates the Rockies

« Reply #27: April 03, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »
Lannan has drilled Chase a couple of times once landing him on the DL with a broken wrist. It obviously wasn't intentional though, Chase stands on the plate begging to get hit by pitches. :P

What is the vibe like down in DC? You guys think you can dethrone us this year? I don't think so but I can see the Nats maybe grabbing a WC, I liked the Gio pickup. He was in our system and we traded him for Garcia, probably Pat Gillicks biggest mistake as GM.

How did Lance Nix do last year? My fellow Phils fans aren't happy with that move, they want to see Dom Brown in LF.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #28: April 03, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »
Nix is a good all-or-nothing power guy.  He doesn't walk, has a terrible OBP, and is slow but he does have some HR power. 

The vibe here is mixed.  You've got people thinking the WC is possible and people like me and others that see the offense as werse than last year with guys past their prime getting significant playing time.  I have a feeling Werthless is going werse than last year, which is really going to mean Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse better not miss significant playing time or 80 wins is out of the question.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #29: April 03, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
Lannan has drilled Chase a couple of times once landing him on the DL with a broken wrist. It obviously wasn't intentional though, Chase stands on the plate begging to get hit by pitches. :P

I hope we oblige.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #30: April 03, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
I hope we oblige.

9_to_5_are_you_kidding_me????????

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #31: April 03, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »
We will live and die based on our hitting. If a couple hitters over perform, anything is possible but we lack the talent to make a credible claim to the wild card or the division.

I do expect us to sweep your squad of broken down old men at least once this season so it is not all gloom and doom.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #32: April 03, 2012, 08:59:40 AM »
4aces?  Shouldn't it be 3 now? ;)

Nice to have you drop by.  there's a train of thought, maybe less here than nationally, that the Phillies might get old quickly and that injuries are catching up.  That said, they are the clear favorites for a one last hurrah. 

As for us, I think we may push the Braves.  I'm not enamored of the Marlins rotation unless Johnson is healthy all year.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #33: April 03, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »
9_to_5_are_you_kidding_me????????

This.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #34: April 03, 2012, 09:04:22 AM »
4aces?  Shouldn't it be 3 now? ;)

Nice to have you drop by.  there's a train of thought, maybe less here than nationally, that the Phillies might get old quickly and that injuries are catching up.  That said, they are the clear favorites for a one last hurrah. 

As for us, I think we may push the Braves.  I'm not enamored of the Marlins rotation unless Johnson is healthy all year.

I thought that, but would it surprise anyone if Utley was simply done? Howard is gone most of the year. Where is the power in their lineup coming from- Pence? They have a great rotation and should win a bunch of games, but they aren't a prohibitive favorite

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #35: April 03, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
The Phillies schedule is laughably easy early in the season, so those injuries might not hurt them as much as I'd like.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #36: April 03, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »
The Phillies schedule is laughably easy early in the season, so those injuries might not hurt them as much as I'd like.

then again, if they don't beat up on those teams, it could bite them later

« Reply #37: April 03, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Thanks for the info on Nix.

Phillies schedule isn't that easy, 13 of the first 19 games are on the road. Also 3 of those road series (Pitt,SF & AZ) are places they have struggled to win at in recent years especially Pitt. That place has been a house of horrors for the Phillies since it opened.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #38: April 03, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »
How is first base and left field shaking out for the Phillies?  Mayberry and a Wigginton/ Thome platoon?

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #39: April 03, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »
What is the vibe like down in DC? You guys think you can dethrone us this year? I don't think so but I can see the Nats maybe grabbing a WC

The vibe, not just in DC but all around baseball is that the Nats are a young team on their way up and the Phillies are an old team on their way down.

This year ?  I'm looking at the Phils at ~90 wins and the Nats at ~85.  +/- 5 games for both.  So clearly anything can happen.

And let's not forget the Braves and the Fish, who will likely be in the 80-90 win range also.

« Reply #40: April 04, 2012, 04:53:49 AM »
How is first base and left field shaking out for the Phillies?  Mayberry and a Wigginton/ Thome platoon?

LF looks like it is going to be a platoon with Juan Pierre and Mayberry. Pierre had a great spring and Charlie is going to bat him leadoff against RH pitchers sliding Rollins into the 3 hole.  We don't have many mashers so I guess they will try small ball(lol).

1B will probably be a mix of Thome, Wiggington and I guess occasionally Mayberry & Nix depending on who is hot. Thome can only play in the field once or twice a week because of his back.

« Reply #41: April 04, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »
The vibe, not just in DC but all around baseball is that the Nats are a young team on their way up and the Phillies are an old team on their way down.

This year ?  I'm looking at the Phils at ~90 wins and the Nats at ~85.  +/- 5 games for both.  So clearly anything can happen.

And let's not forget the Braves and the Fish, who will likely be in the 80-90 win range also.

Yeah, the NL East is loaded this year. The starting pitching was already really good last year, add in a healthy Strasburg, Josh Johnson, Johan Santana plus Gio & Buerhle and the amount of quality pitching is just sick.