Author Topic: Rejoice Skins Fans, you get to see LaVar next season!  (Read 4128 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
In a Giants Uniform.      

Agent: Giants, Arrington close to reaching deal
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Giants and former Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington are close to a deal that will keep the three-time Pro Bowler in the NFC East, according to Arrington's agent, Carl Poston.

Five teams had been in the running for Arrington, but the Giants took a significant step toward getting a deal done Thursday. After Arrington took and passed a physical Thursday, negotiations turned serious and have been ongoing for more than 24 hours.

Poston wasn't sure if a deal was going to be completed by Friday night, but he said negotiations between Arrington and the Giants were close to getting done and should be completed soon.

The Packers, Jaguars, Dolphins and Bengals had also been in the mix. Poston said the Jaguars and Packers made progress with their offers Friday, but the Giants took the lead Friday.

Arrington had hoped to stay in the NFC East in order to play the Redskins two times a year.

"Antonio Pierce really made a push to get the Giants to bring LaVar to New York," Poston said. "It's a good fit. It would be great to have LaVar in the New York market."

Pierce left the Redskins after the 2004 and was an instant star in the Giants defense.

Terms of any detail weren't available. The Dolphins had a $5 million a year offer on the table. Arrington was hoping to get a deal in the $7.5 million a year range.

While the Postons -- Kevin and Carl -- were working to complete the deal Friday night between the Giants and Arrington
, negotiations for Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson were heating up and there is a chance something could be done this weekend.

The Packers and Bucs have been the most active in trying to recruit Woodson. The Bucs are looking at Woodson as a safety. The Packers want him at cornerback. Other teams have entered the picture, according to Carl Poston, Woodson's agent.

"We're working on Charles and hoping to get something done," Poston said. "Things are picking up."

Woodson and cornerback Ty Law will be the top free agents available once Arrington completes his deal with the Giants. Law has been talking to the Seahawks and several other teams.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
:D    :D

Offline rileyn

Good, we can run mis-direction plays at him all day and watch his head spin for 4 qtrs.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Bleh  :x

Well I guess it's better than seeing him in a Cowboys or Eagles uniform :?

Quote from: "rileyn"
Good, we can run mis-direction plays at him all day and watch his head spin for 4 qtrs.

:lol: so true

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "The Chief"
Bleh  :x

Well I guess it's better than seeing him in a Cowboys or Eagles uniform :?

Quote from: "rileyn"

:lol: so true

We didn't want no ex-skin on the decline anyway. All we need is T.O to beat your sorry asses. Damn, deadskin. Oh how i hate the skin.

Offline The Chief

Them's fightin' words for a team that got WHOOPED last year ;)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Ans so, that was last year. Neither of our teams were in the superbowl. Besides quit living in the past. 10 straight!!!.  September 10 is a new season, and september 17 is Judgement Day.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I like LaVar, but I think he's two steps slow and over the hill now.  Not good enough to be on the Redskins, but might be able to help the Giants.

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "tomterp"
I like LaVar, but I think he's two steps slow and over the hill now.  Not good enough to be on the Redskins, but might be able to help the Giants.

LOL!

you say that like the Redskins are world-beaters and have the best linebackers in all of football.

:roll:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Guck the Fiants.   :?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Them's fightin' words for a team that got WHOOPED last year ;)

Seeing as how the Skins didn't get to the Super Bowl either, last year's scores mean squat.

Going Nya nya, nya nya nyaaaa about last year's scores is what kids in playgrounds do.

Offline The Chief

LOL @ Cowboys fans.  You guys are just bitter.  We beat you both games last year (which admittedly doesn't happen often) so I feel perfectly justified in talking all the trash I want (for now ;))

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

LOL!

you say that like the Redskins are world-beaters and have the best linebackers in all of football.

World beaters, no.  Giant beaters, absolutely!

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

LOL!

World beaters, no.  Giant beaters, absolutely!

PFFFFFFT!  we'll see about that.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Wow, he has almost the same build I have, only difference being, my padding is more centrally located...  :?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
LOL @ Cowboys fans.  You guys are just bitter.  We beat you both games last year (which admittedly doesn't happen often) so I feel perfectly justified in talking all the trash I want (for now ;))

I've said it many times, and at least once in this forum, no matter the final score or how the game goes, I never talk trash. If I'm with friends, we'll toss jabs at each other during the game, but after, its all water under the bridge.

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Wow, he has almost the same build I have, only difference being, my padding is more centrally located...  :?

i dunno who made that picture, but it is a damn good photoshop job.

Offline UMDNats

go steelers

Offline The Chief

Certainly a diversity of football allegiances here.  I find it amusing.