Author Topic: Boswell on Daniel Cabrera  (Read 3939 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Boswell on Daniel Cabrera
« Reply #50: March 24, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
Right-hander Daniel Cabrera gave up three runs in five innings of work this afternoon against Nationals Minor Leaguers in Viera.

D-Cab didn't walk a batter and laid down two sacrifice bunts.

:hang:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #51: March 24, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »
Looks like Rick Eckstein HAS helped someone. :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #52: March 24, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
Looks like Rick Eckstein HAS helped someone. :lol:
it's nice that he learned how to handle a bat but his last two starts against Minor Leaguers he has been less than spectacular.

I mean we haven't even seen him go more than 4 innings against a Major league team and you figure he only has 2 more starts before the regular season begins. This is very worrisome, especially considering they are going to hand him a rotation spot no matter what.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #53: March 24, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
it's nice that he learned how to handle a bat but his last two starts against Minor Leaguers he has been less than spectacular.

I mean we haven't even seen him go more than 4 innings against a Major league team and you figure he only has 2 more starts before the regular season begins. This is very worrisome, especially considering they are going to hand him a rotation spot no matter what.

Yeah, I've felt that way for a while. Maybe if they can't trade him, they'll move him into the long reliever role if he freaks up in his first few starts. That's probably best case. My hope is that the offense shows up on the days he pitches and we win some high scoring games.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #54: March 24, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »
I'm not here to make excuses for the guy, but St. Claire stated that poor defense and a wind-blown home run didn't help D-Cab and said: ""He threw the ball well, he didn't have any walks and he had a few punchouts."

« Reply #55: March 24, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
I'm not here to make excuses for the guy, but St. Claire stated that poor defense and a wind-blown home run didn't help D-Cab and said: ""He threw the ball well, he didn't have any walks and he had a few punchouts."

Poor defense. And these are our starters? Oy-vey!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #56: March 24, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
but that's exactly what you are doing and have been doing all Spring.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #57: March 24, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »
but that's exactly what you are doing and have been doing all Spring. (Image removed from quote.)

no i haven't.  his first start of the sprig was just okay.  then he had a couple starts that haven't been good and then had one where he cruised until he had one bad inning. 

i have posted on here saying if he keeps this crap up he doesn't deserve a spot.  all i was doing was sharing what the coaches said about his start today ... i didn't make the excuses.  there is a difference.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #58: March 24, 2009, 11:27:02 PM »
Cabrera is garbage.  If he sees the rotation, heads should roll. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #59: March 24, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »
I want to see Cabrera bat a few times and crab walk.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #60: March 24, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »

Unfortunately, he will. :(

Offline blue911

« Reply #61: March 25, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »

Wow you have amazing clairvoyant abilities. Just like that, you predicted that Jim Bowden would resign. Good job   :thumbs:

MrMadison

« Reply #62: March 25, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »
Cabrera sucks and should not make this team. St. Claire knows this, but he cant really say it publically.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #63: March 25, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »
I want to see Cabrera bat a few times and crab walk.
Repeat until people realize that it's worth 2 million dollars and some losses to see this. It will be like when Leela was playing blurnsball and beaned every single batter.

Offline blue911

« Reply #64: March 25, 2009, 08:03:39 AM »
Repeat until people realize that it's worth 2 million dollars and some losses to see this. It will be like when Leela was playing blurnsball and beaned every single batter.

You are aware that's a cartoon, aren't you?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #65: March 25, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
You are aware that's a cartoon, aren't you?

Yes, and Crabera is real. We have to treasure every at bat.

MrMadison

« Reply #66: March 25, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
according to the Food Critic, the Nats are starting the season with a 4 man rotation.  imo, that means there is no reason for cabrera to go north with this team. lannan, olsen, zimmermann, martis. f*ck double-n's arb clock. put the best pitchers in the rotation. give balester a few weeks in AAA to pull himself together.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #67: March 25, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »
according to the Food Critic, the Nats are starting the season with a 4 man rotation.  imo, that means there is no reason for cabrera to go north with this team. lannan, olsen, zimmermann, martis. f*ck double-n's arb clock. put the best pitchers in the rotation. give balester a few weeks in AAA to pull himself together.

I don't see that happening. Acta said that Double-N hasn't pitched a full season (162 MLB) in his career and the weather is going to be cold so they will be reluctant to bring him north until he is needed which is approximately April 20th.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #68: March 25, 2009, 10:46:37 AM »
I don't see that happening. Acta said that Double-N hasn't pitched a full season (162 MLB) in his career and the weather is going to be cold so they will be reluctant to bring him north until he is needed which is approximately April 20th.
Um, where did Zim-uh-nah-nen go to school? Oh right, Wisconsin! He pitched in a snow storm! Let him get us some wins early when it's cold, and shut him down early in the fall. Screw his arbitration payments - let's win now.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #69: March 25, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »
haha food critic ... :clap: mrmadison

Offline blue911

« Reply #70: March 25, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »

They also need to move somebody off the 40-man. Matt Chico to the 60-day DL,cutting Pena, or trading for/returning Terrell Young are the three most likely moves.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #71: March 25, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
They also need to move somebody off the 40-man. Matt Chico to the 60-day DL,cutting Pena, or trading for/returning Terrell Young are the three most likely moves.

Ryan Wagner, Kip Wells, Gary Glover may make the bullpen too.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #72: March 25, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #73: March 25, 2009, 12:17:04 PM »
Prior to this season, Cabrera acknowledged that he was scared to swing the bat in fear that he would get hit by the baseball. It also didn't help that he played in the American League. When he was with the Orioles, Cabrera only swung the bat when Baltimore played National League teams in Interleague Play.

LOL

« Reply #74: March 25, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
LOL

You have got to be kidding me...