Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats @ Brewers, Game 3  (Read 15811 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Gameday Thread: Nats @ Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #75: July 16, 2005, 10:15:35 PM »
And if Castilla can get his bat going, Wilson will also see better pitches...

Offline carlfish

« Reply #76: July 16, 2005, 10:16:33 PM »
Kenz aFan - I've gotta think so .... and with Nick and Vidro back, and on, I've gotta think that a pretty tough row to go thru

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #77: July 16, 2005, 10:18:11 PM »
That's what I'm thinking, especially if they get into any kind of hitting groove. I only wish Wilkerson could get his BA up closer to 300 and score more runs.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #78: July 16, 2005, 10:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "carlfish"
Kenz aFan - I've gotta think so .... and with Nick and Vidro back, and on, I've gotta think that a pretty tough row to go thru

The key really is Castilla.  Vidro, Guillen, Church, and Johnson have all produced fairly consistently (Church when he plays).  Castilla ran hot in April, but cold in May and colder in June.  If he really is waking up here, taken with the return of Vidro, Johnson, and Church...that really would be a formidable lineup.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #79: July 16, 2005, 10:20:50 PM »
2 run win = blowout, Nationals style!!

Welcome back to the bullpen.  It's amazing what can happen when you score 5 runs.  We needed this one, boys!!!!!!!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #80: July 16, 2005, 10:24:38 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"

Welcome back to the bullpen.  It's amazing what can happen when you score 5 runs.  We needed this one, boys!!!!!!!

Perhaps what's more significant is that we were able to come back from blows that seemed to demoralize our bats in previous games.  We were ahead, got tied, then lost the lead.  Then we come back to go up again, and they tie AGAIN - on a freak error by Bennett that would otherwise have ended the inning.  Then Jose "Mr. Choke" Guillen gets one of the Nationals' Patented Two-Out RBI Base Hits, and manages to end the game with a spectacular catch, breaking a streak of bad at-bats and increasingly flaky behavior.  Good omens?  Or a blip on the radar?

We'll see tomorrow.

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #81: July 16, 2005, 10:28:57 PM »

Agreed because if we'd have lost...the braves would have been just 0.5 back.Ouch.

Go nats!

Who's pitching, tommorow, btw?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #82: July 16, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Then Jose "Mr. Choke" Guillen gets one of the Nationals' Patented Two-Out RBI Base Hits, and manages to end the game with a spectacular catch, breaking a streak of bad at-bats and increasingly flaky behavior.  Good omens?  Or a blip on the radar?

We'll see tomorrow.

I don't think anybody was calling Jose Guillen "Mr. Choke" back in Anaheim mid-June.   8)

Offline rileyn

« Reply #83: July 16, 2005, 10:37:59 PM »
Bring on Tomo!!!  It sure would be nice to come home with a 2 game streak and open a series against the woeful Rockies.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #84: July 16, 2005, 10:54:12 PM »
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"

Ryan Drese for the Nats and Tomo Ohka for the Brewers

Offline esoteric

« Reply #85: July 16, 2005, 11:47:11 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"

Ryan Drese for the Nats and Tomo Ohka for the Brewers

How fitting.  They were essentially exchanged for one another - now they'll face off.  Drese has certainly panned out so far - one bad game and four extremely good ones - but I just can't shake the eerie sense that he's...ticking.  I know Ohka pitched a shutout right after he joined the Brewers - what since then?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #86: July 17, 2005, 12:06:58 AM »
Bring on Tomo!!!  It sure would be nice to come home with a 2 game streak and open a series against the woeful Rockies.

Remember what everyone said about the Mets?  Don't be so quick to discount.  :shock:

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #87: July 17, 2005, 05:40:12 AM »
YESSSSS!!!  Now let's shoot for one more today, get the hell outta there and come back for some home cookin!!!   :D  8)  

Montcobaseball

« Reply #88: July 17, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »
Dc United?  Have you ever actually been to a game?  If so you are the first person I know of who has ever claimed to have attended a professional soccer game.  Thanks for tearing up our outfield!