Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 23282 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Reply #50: October 11, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO GET INTO THE GAME?

Your season ticket seats are automatically loaded onto your blue Season Ticket Card (pictured below; the card should include your name, account number, and loyalty level). Bring this card with you to the game and present it to the Verizon Center staff at the gate. Your card will be swiped and all valid seats for the game will be immediately scanned in as soon as the card is swiped.

You'll receive a seat locator tab for each seat (pictured below*) and will be all set to visit any of the concession stands on the concourse or go straight to your seat. Upon arrival at your section, please show the seat locator tab to the Verizon Center usher for assistance.

*Unable to reproduce it here, but it looks like a small ticket, with a dark blue band across the top with 'ticketmaster' on it, the seat number, whether or not the holder has Acela Club access, and the teams, date and start time.

We had "paperless tickets" to last April's Springsteen concert at Verizon. Instead of a ticket card, you presented the credit card with which you purchased the tickets. The ticket-taker swiped the card through a machine that's similar to the credit-card machines used in Europe; for those who haven't seen those, it's sort of like the handheld machines the meter maids use to print parking tickets except it's smaller. The machine then printed the "seat locator" slips OC describes. Those slips were smaller than a standard square Post-It Note—I'd estimate the "seat locator" slip is perhaps two-thirds the size of a square Post-It. They'd be ideal for use as a bookmark if you buy hard-copy books. Downside is that they're also easy to lose. I stuck mine in the small credit-card piece of my wallet (the separate piece that holds my driver's license and three cards and that resides in my front trouser pocket).

We had absolutely no difficulty using the "paperless" system, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other people, the #1 thing being problems swiping the card (whether this is due to user error with people failing to bring the proper credit card or due to problems on Verizon Center's end, I have no idea, but I suspect it's a combination).

Regarding how to forward multiple games in a single e-mail: If the system doesn't let you do it that way, you could always use your software to "print" multiple games to .PDF on your own computer, then use your .PDF software to combine all those into a single file and forward that "document" via e-mail. I believe in order to combine .PDFs into a single file you need something more than the basic free "Adobe Reader" software that many people mistakenly think of as "Acrobat." (I use Nitro Pro, which is substantially cheaper than Adobe Acrobat, because I have to create lots of .PDFs as part of e-filing in federal court.)