Author Topic: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Re: Game 5 roll call & info/tips
« Reply #75: October 12, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
How early do think I need to get there to get a parking spot in that $10. lot in front of the Navy yard entrance?

...not sure, for day games it is only available to folks who have already purchased parking tickets.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #76: October 12, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
Anyone know if I would be able to get a parking spot in Lot HH if I arrive at 6:30 (2 hours before game)?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #77: October 12, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Thanks, LO.

Not only will it be 6pm but access to the rest of the stadium won't be until 7pm. Maybe not worth it to get ther too early.

I believe this is incorrect for two reasons.

(1) The Nationals' Twitter feed says that ALL gates will open at 6:00 PM. That means they wouldn't be able to keep you out of the rest of the ballpark.

(2) Yesterday the gates opened at 1:30 and I entered via the home plate gate at 1:40 and then headed anti-clockwise around to the outfield to watch BP and take some pictures. The concession stands looked open, although the workers may have been unprepared to serve people. One of the Senators Sausage places had a lot of half-smokes ready to go.....

Based on all that, presumably we get the run of the place at 6:00. I'm shooting to be down there sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 based on traffic and parking concerns. Told Ms1995hoo she can take the Metro when she gets off work at 5:30 and she readily agreed, provided I come by her office on the way to retrieve a few things she doesn't want to carry with her so I can lock them in the trunk.

BTW, National Anthem tonight is to be the Army Chorus Quartet. They've performed at Caps games several times. Bob McDonald and Caleb Green are members (those of you who attend Caps games should recognize those names).

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #78: October 12, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
[...](1) The Nationals' Twitter feed says that ALL gates will open at 6:00 PM. That means they wouldn't be able to keep you out of the rest of the ballpark.

Further confirmed in an E-mail that went out to STH this past Tuesday -  'All gates at Nationals Park will open 2 ½ hours prior to game time' is included under each of the matchday headings.

BTW, National Anthem tonight is to be the Army Chorus Quartet. They've performed at Caps games several times. Bob McDonald and Caleb Green are members (those of you who attend Caps games should recognize those names).

...a reminder that many have perhaps forgotten that tonight was supposed to be the night of the Capitals' home opener (I am hard put to remember a time when people cared less about a sports league being shut down).

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #79: October 12, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
45,000+ will be at the stadium tonight...

but will the Nationals offense be there? Offense has mostly skipped this series so far. Gio may well struggle in the cold, it is critical to score runs.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #80: October 12, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »
anybody have 2 for a decent price?  ill take SRO

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #81: October 12, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
I would suggest near the row of tables in the scoreboard walk closest to the Jamaican Jerk stand as the lack of happy hour has depressed people who hang out nearby. Even if we miss the tables, one can stand there without as much of the back and forth. The recessed section of steps with the area to stand with drinks has been rented out to groups the prior two games, and between the queue for the Jamaican Jerk stand (more so game 1) and the people trying to get the loft or the porch there was a lot of people going back and forth.

This sounds like a reasonable place to meet.  there are the standing tables directly under the scoreboard, right?  Aim for any time between 7 and 8.

Post here if you can make it and how to recognize you.

Me, I'm going with a red windbreaker over a red sweatshirt, blue jeans, and my good luck for the Nats hat (that looks suspicously like a faded blue hat of another team with a "B" on it, but hey, that's the last team to beat the Cards in the world series).  I'm about 6' 1" and thin, and look vaguely like James Taylor with a tan.

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot
« Reply #82: October 12, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
Red Capitals windbreaker over a red 2005 Nats batting practice jersey with the interlocking "DC" logo over a red sweatshirt over a red Polo; 2005 Nats batting practice hat with the interlocking "DC" logo; blue jeans (over red boxers, though Ms1995hoo will be the only Nats fan to see those).

Ah heck, it's easier just to post a picture. Except I will be wearing eyeglasses.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #83: October 12, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
May pop by if there's time - Expos sweatshirt and Chelsea cap; maybe adding Chelsea scarf if it's really nippy out when I leave my place.

Otherwise, my rather large sideburns make me difficult to miss in a crowd.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #84: October 12, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
I'll be wearing my nifty knit Nats hat, it was totally worth it yesterday in that cold. Will definitely be bringing it today.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #85: October 12, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »
I'll be wearing my nifty knit Nats hat, it was totally worth it yesterday in that cold. Will definitely be bringing it today.

That hat needs to be worn to every post season game if last night was the first time you wore it to a game.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #86: October 12, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
But now you have to worry about stalkers.  :shock:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #87: October 12, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »
I'm praying that tonight I don't see local kids crying at Nationals Park. If any kids have to cry tonight let them be from St Louis.  :pray:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #88: October 12, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
i expect to be at BWW tonight at some point around 10 PM to catch the end of the game.  Have fun to all of you fortunate enough to be there in person.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89: October 12, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
53 degrees at game time with a 10 MPH wind.  I can deal with that.  or at least I used to. . .

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #90: October 12, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »
But now you have to worry about stalkers.  :shock:

Thankfully it is easily put away.

Also REMEMBER TO DRESS WARMLY!!! Seriously it gets cold, especially in the nosebleed seats which were the only ones I could afford. Bring stuff to bundle up in! It's supposed to be 48 by midnight. Just be sure to bring your hoodies, jackets, and hats, as well as close-toed shoes.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #91: October 12, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
If anyone is stuck in the Stafford area tonight and wants to watch the game, swing by Paddys off of 610. Smaller crowds than BWWs or similar places and it has better seating and plenty of TVs. Additionally, I will be bouncing there. Just look for the doorman in the Nationals Jersey and come say hi.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #92: October 12, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Some more good news - Metro is delaying the start of this weekend's track work till after the baseball crowds have dissipated (http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5348 - normally they start at 22.00 Fridays).

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #93: October 12, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
It's already getting pretty damn windy outside here.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #94: October 12, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
The hell with it, I'm leaving now!

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #95: October 12, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
Glad I came early. Just ran into Phil Wood on the way in. Nice guy! He also said the breeze reminds him of Oakland so Gio ought to be comfortable. Lets hope! It's a cool breeze but not a cold breeze. Display in my car said 59 degrees F.

First on line at the home plate gate :-)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96: October 12, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »
have not left the office yet.  someone needs to moderate!  jk.  Hope to see you up by the walk.  Between the Boston hat on James Taylor, your picture, and LO's hat, WNFF should be easy to  spot.

If we can't spot each other, blame Obed.
I would suggest near the row of tables in the scoreboard walk closest to the Jamaican Jerk stand as the lack of happy hour has depressed people who hang out nearby. Even if we miss the tables, one can stand there without as much of the back and forth. The recessed section of steps with the area to stand with drinks has been rented out to groups the prior two games, and between the queue for the Jamaican Jerk stand (more so game 1) and the people trying to get the loft or the porch there was a lot of people going back and forth.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97: October 12, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
 Repost because the next reply rolls over to the next page.

If we can't spot each other, blame Obed.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #98: October 12, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Still on vacation. My brother will be there.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #99: October 12, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
Meetimg some driends near our seats an hour before game.  At subway now.  RED NATIONALS JACKET GREY PLAYOFF HAT BLUE BACPACK.