Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2  (Read 13038 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #225: August 24, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »
That was a major disappointment.   :icon_frown:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #226: August 24, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »
I was all over it too.  I yelled in my living room.
I almost yelled out at work luckily it's just me and my friend in my office tonight :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #227: August 24, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »

I did a mini hop... It didn't end up where I thought it was going... but the swing was good... really thought he got all of it. :( :( :(

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #228: August 24, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
I could probably pull mine down to my ankles and not show anything
That was a major disappointment.   :icon_frown:

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl: :lmao:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #229: August 24, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
Yeah I got in trouble for yelling :run:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #230: August 24, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
Yeah I got in trouble for yelling :run:

Did you wake the baby?  :rofl:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #231: August 24, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »
"Jim has to be pleased with tonight's effort."

I hate that moral victory bullcrap.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #232: August 24, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
Did you wake the baby?  :rofl:

Luckily, no - I can't take screaming tonight.

Offline bglide

• banned
« Reply #233: August 24, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »
Riggleman has to go. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #234: August 24, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
NOTE to Riggleman: If "Soriano hits well in this ball park" then do NOT throw him anything he can hit out!  A walk is better than a 3-run homer.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #235: August 24, 2010, 10:01:05 PM »
They battled back I will give them credit for that.  Men LOB w/ RISP, lannan and the lerners killed us tonight.

I have a feeling marquis goes 6.2, 2 er tomorrow night and we get the curly w.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #236: August 24, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
They battled back I will give them credit for that.  Men LOB w/ RISP, lannan and the lerners killed us tonight.

I have a feeling marquis goes 6.2, 2 er tomorrow night and we get the curly w.

I don't. Marquis has had a high WHIP for most of his career.  His 15 wins with the Rockies reflected their bats, not his pitching ability.  I never would have paid that much money for somebody who gives up so many hits and walks on a regular basis.  I kept my mouth shut when we got him, but I had low expectations.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #237: August 24, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »
Lannan does not sound happy at all. He's throwing Riggs under the bus by questioning his going to the pen so often.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #238: August 24, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
Lannan was clearly pissed off about being pulled from the game and threw Riggleman under the bus.  :shock:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #239: August 24, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
What did lannan say ... and what was his pitch count after 5? 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #240: August 24, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »
Lannan was clearly pissed off about being pulled from the game and threw Riggleman under the bus.  :shock:

At least he showed emotion - I think that's a first.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #241: August 24, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »
So what the hell, the bullpen didn't give up runs. What is he smoking?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #242: August 24, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »

83 pitches.

I had the sound off during the interview... what did he say?!?!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #243: August 24, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
Lannan was clearly pissed off about being pulled from the game and threw Riggleman under the bus.  :shock:

Then Lannan should go under that one. It was not a tie game when Lannan got pulled.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #244: August 24, 2010, 10:20:16 PM »
Lannan was clearly pissed off about being pulled from the game and threw Riggleman under the bus.  :shock:

Pitchers      IP    H   R   ER   BB SO HR PC-ST   ERA
J Lannan
(L, 5-6)       5.0   7   5   4   0   3   2   83-51   5.23
M Batista     2.0   0   0   0   0   1   0   23-14   4.21
C Balester    1.0   0   0   0   0   2   0   14-9   4.70
C Stammen   1.0   1   0   0   0   1   0   11-7   5.18
Totals          9.0   8   5   4   0   7   2   131-81   

Lannan was the only Nationals pitcher to give up any runs.  NO walks by anyone.  :clap:

"John Lannan, welcome to the bullpen!"

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #245: August 24, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
really Lannan...you pitch like crap...and then throw the Manager under the bus for taking you out?

GTFOHWTBS.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #246: August 24, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

Debbi Taylor asked him how he felt about the bullpen recently having to pitch 4 innings per game because the starters have had short outings and he said something to the effect that it is attributable to the manager's managing style. He said that is how Riggleman manages the team and that he has no say in it. Then he said that was all he would say on the topic. He was clearly pissed off though.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #247: August 24, 2010, 11:52:08 PM »
 Lannan's bye-bye time is coming if you all aren't exaggerating what his comments post game were. Was driving home, so didn't hear them, but it'd be different if we lost by one run and the bullpen gave up a single run. Oh wait, I am sorry John. If the bullpen gave up a single HIT. We face the minimum batters after you left, one single in the ninth erased by a DP. So WTF is Lannan talking about? That we should have conceded the game and left him in when the ninth inning showed it was still winnable?

It was a 50-50 call taking Lannan out. You use up the bullpen, yes, but you're only down one HR with the bases loaded at that point. And nearly 90 pitches in four innings. What you DON'T do is deride your manager to the *press* after the game.

This proves two things I've been saying all season long. First, Lannan is a head case. Depending on the severity of his comments, this could be even more crazy than Mock. Second, Riggleman has lost this team. A mid-20s pitcher who was just in AA doesn't call out their manager if he has even a semblance of respect or control in the clubhouse. And not just from Lannan. If the team were with, or even respected, Riggleman, Lannan doesn't make those comments because he knows the clubhouse would ostracize him. More than anything, this is an extraordinarily bad sign about Riggleman. Guys just don't make those kinds of comments to the press, particularly someone like Lannan, unless there is a serious problem.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #248: August 25, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »
Lannan's bye-bye time is coming if you all aren't exaggerating what his comments post game were. Was driving home, so didn't hear them, but it'd be different if we lost by one run and the bullpen gave up a single run. Oh wait, I am sorry John. If the bullpen gave up a single HIT. We face the minimum batters after you left, one single in the ninth erased by a DP. So WTF is Lannan talking about? That we should have conceded the game and left him in when the ninth inning showed it was still winnable?

It was a 50-50 call taking Lannan out. You use up the bullpen, yes, but you're only down one HR with the bases loaded at that point. And nearly 90 pitches in four innings. What you DON'T do is deride your manager to the *press* after the game.

This proves two things I've been saying all season long. First, Lannan is a head case. Depending on the severity of his comments, this could be even more crazy than Mock. Second, Riggleman has lost this team. A mid-20s pitcher who was just in AA doesn't call out their manager if he has even a semblance of respect or control in the clubhouse. And not just from Lannan. If the team were with, or even respected, Riggleman, Lannan doesn't make those comments because he knows the clubhouse would ostracize him. More than anything, this is an extraordinarily bad sign about Riggleman. Guys just don't make those kinds of comments to the press, particularly someone like Lannan, unless there is a serious problem.
Yeah, this is definitely not a good sign of Riggleman's control over the team now that the season is winding down. Do you think there is any change Jim is NOT our manager next year?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #249: August 25, 2010, 12:36:47 AM »
Yeah, this is definitely not a good sign of Riggleman's control over the team now that the season is winding down. Do you think there is any change Jim is NOT our manager next year?

He's our manager next year, no question. Despite Rizzo's assurances a month and a half ago, I would say Riggleman was gone if they don't finish over .500. But there's a catch, and it's a huge one. There will be more managerial positions open at the end of the season than there has been in years, if not decades. And a ton of those are guys retiring. We still don't even know about Torre and a couple others. Last I read there are going to be around ten vacant spots.

So short of Riggleman quitting, no, there is no chance of a managerial change this offseason. If they get off to a bad enough start, we might see a repeat of last year with a firing during the all-star break. That's the best we can hope for.