Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171548 times)

Offline markfnc

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #375: July 02, 2012, 09:07:52 AM »
How's that?  Parking at the lot right across the street is only $25 and there are cheaper lots if you are willing to walk a few blocks.

From JD Land:
(Image removed from quote.)
http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium-parking.cfm?tab=no3

I meant to say not as cheap as parking, but we have the day pass anyways. 

Offline mbeane19

• I reserve the right to be wrong, always.
« Reply #376: July 02, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
I plan on heading down to box office today to redeem $45 vouchers from flex plan for tomorrow's (7/3/12) game.

I am looking at the LF/RF Baseline Box seats, can anyone advise on sun/crowd preference between LF or RF? I am leaning towards LF only b/c I am lazy and it is close to CF gate.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #377: July 02, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
I plan on heading down to box office today to redeem $45 vouchers from flex plan for tomorrow's (7/3/12) game.

I am looking at the LF/RF Baseline Box seats, can anyone advise on sun/crowd preference between LF or RF? I am leaning towards LF only b/c I am lazy and it is close to CF gate.

LF = sun at your back

RF = sun in your face

LF > RF

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #378: July 02, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »
The third base side is shaded the first base side has more regular season ticket holders.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #379: July 02, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
LF has better view of the big screen
RF has the beast

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #380: July 07, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »
ON FIELD PHOTO DAY.  NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED ON THE FIELD?!

ARE THEY NUTS?!  I can understand no food but no DRINK WHEN IT'S GOING TO BE 106 DEGREES IN THE SHADE?!  i DON'T THINK SO GUYS!

All fans are invited to stand on the field warning track to take photos of their favorite Nationals players and coaches.
 • Center Field Gates will open 3 ½ hours prior to the start of the game and fans will be able to enter the field starting at 1:00 p.m.
 • The event will take place from 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
• Fans must stay on the warning track. No food or drink will be allowed on the field. No autographs or individual photos.• All fans are invited to stand on the field warning track to take photos of their favorite Nationals players and coaches.
 • Center Field Gates will open 3 ½ hours prior to the start of the game and fans will be able to enter the field starting at 1:00 p.m.
 • The event will take place from 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
• Fans must stay on the warning track. No food or drink will be allowed on the field. No autographs or individual photos

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #381: July 07, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
If there are no individual pictures what's the point of photo day?

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #382: July 07, 2012, 09:53:54 AM »
If there are no individual pictures what's the point of photo day?

take up close pics of the players.  My avi is one I took last year.  As is

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #383: July 07, 2012, 09:59:01 AM »
take up close pics of the players.  My avi is one I took last year.  As is

Ah, so they'll stop so you can take a picture, you just can't pose with them, right?  That makes sense.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #384: July 07, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »
They let us have water.  It would be stupid of they didnt.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #385: July 07, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
Got lots of pics today, but bailed on the actual game.  The coaches, broadcasters, and some of the players were really cool and actually shook hands and chatted with the fans.  Davey was especially good at interacting with folks and posing for pics and signing autographs (despite the request for fans to not ask for autographs or individual pics).  Some of the players (Zim, Desmond, Morse, and Werth) just walked around and waved, but most of the rest of them took their time and actually talked to the fans and shook hands.  It was great of them to do this, especially on such a hot day.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #386: July 07, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
He stopped for some little kids.  Theyll probably show that on tv! >:(

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #387: July 07, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »
Got lots of pics today, but bailed on the actual game.  The coaches, broadcasters, and some of the players were really cool and actually shook hands and chatted with the fans.  Davey was especially good at interacting with folks and posing for pics and signing autographs (despite the request for fans to not ask for autographs or individual pics).  Some of the players (Zim, Desmond, Morse, and Werth) just walked around and waved, but most of the rest of them took their time and actually talked to the fans and shook hands.  It was great of them to do this, especially on such a hot day.

Very surprising about Desmond (as opposed to Zimmm and Werth where this is right in character), Ian is in the running for the most fan friendly Nat since the team came to town.  Livan and Morgan were known for being fan friendly, but Desmond signs autographs, throws balls to kids, visits sick kids, and even gives away prizes to his Twitter followers.  Maybe he was just having a rough day knowing that he was backing out of the ASG. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #388: July 07, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
Very surprising about Desmond (as opposed to Zimmm and Werth where this is right in character), Ian is in the running for the most fan friendly Nat since the team came to town.  Livan and Morgan were known for being fan friendly, but Desmond signs autographs, throws balls to kids, visits sick kids, and even gives away prizes to his Twitter followers.  Maybe he was just having a rough day knowing that he was backing out of the ASG. 

Yeah, that's what I thought, but your reasoning makes total sense.  Plus Ian was in the very first group with Zim and Morse, so maybe they were just in a hurry to get it done and over with.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #389: July 07, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
I'd imagine people wanting you to sign things all the time and asking the same dumb questions over and over would get old. Not to mention those asshats who just want stuff signed to sell it off.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #390: July 07, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
I'd imagine people wanting you to sign things all the time and asking the same dumb questions over and over would get old. Not to mention those asshats who just want stuff signed to sell it off.

If you show up three hours before the game starts on a 105 degree day to get pictures (without autographs so they have no sale value) you sure as hell deserve some respect from the players and Zimmm and Werth are being paid enough money to smile and be nice on such an occasion.  You mention asshats, those two fit the description as well as anyone at the park. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #391: July 07, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »

They made it clear that fans were not to ask anyone for autographs, and I was perfectly fine with that as they wanted to keep things moving and give everyone a chance to say hi.  I just appreciate the (mostly) lesser-paid players actually chatting with the fans and shaking hands.  They truly seemed to appreciate everyone coming out.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #392: July 07, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
Theres a reason I still have some folks on ignore

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #393: July 08, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »
so how is it sitting in the park on a 100 degree day?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #394: July 08, 2012, 12:51:05 AM »

I bailed on the actual game.  My friend bailed ahead of time and I couldn't find anyone else to go with me.  I've done that last two nights, but it's a little more bearable after the sun goes down.  Today was just too brutal for me.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #395: July 08, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »

Sections 312 and lower numbers on the Infield Gallery level are under shade from about 14.30 onward, so when I got to my seat it had been out of the open sun for an hour and a half - really wasn't much worse than Thursday evening.

No argument though about open-sun areas (including waiting for my bus to go to the park) - that was a downright scorcher.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #396: July 08, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
It actually wasn't bad at all in the shade.  Even had a steak & cheese from Taste of the Majors. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #397: July 08, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
NATSCSMGR: I read on Twitter that the team has turned down the volume on the in-game music and that definitely seemed to be the case today.  Great move, it was nice to be able to talk between innings without having to yell in each other's ears.  Keep it up, or rather keep the volume down, or even better yet cut it out for good.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #398: July 08, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
Another Nats Park note: Verizon 4G service is a heck of a lot better than Verizon 3G.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #399: July 08, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
Well Bryce was super nice!  Shook as many hands as be could.  Had Picture taken with Ankiel, Davy and I think Danny.  Stammen., Detwiler and J-Zim posed for a pic together.  Cool!