Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1  (Read 36280 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1
« Topic Start: September 04, 2008, 02:32:21 PM »
It's a new system. He's had to learn so many new systems in his 4 years that it's almost impossible for him to fully develop and turn into the player that he can be. Even if he struggles this year, it's still too early to give up on him. If under the same offense/system next year he sucks then we could probably pull the plug on him as our franchise QB.

An example I like to use is Big Ben. Before this past year he lost his HC and his OC and his QB coach. All 3 were replaced, 2 by outside hire. Arians (OC) brought in a new playbook and a new system.

The result? 32 TDs and a pro-bowl selection. I don't buy all the new system crap. I can understand how it would make it harder on a QB, but are bad throws the result of a new system? are poor reads the result of a new system? a new OC (esp. saunders last year) can be tough on a QB but campbells been in the league long enough where he should be comfortable with most of the playbook by now

I give Campbell this whole year to prove to me and the nfl that hes a franchise QB

i still dont agree with the skins trading up and drafting him at #25 (i think) in 05. doesnt make any sense considering he probably couldve been there with their 2nd round pick