Author Topic: Man steals VA State police cruiser, leads cops on a chase down I-66  (Read 814 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
This snarled traffic in our area today, 66 was closed for a while.  They really should have shot him.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2833746

WASHINGTON - A man who assaulted several officers and took police on a car chase after stealing a police cruiser Thursday is finally in custody.

Virginia State Police Trooper C. T. Grzelak responded to a pedestrian in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 66 in Prince William County. At the same time, an Arlington County Police officer pulled up to assist.

When he was approached by officers, the pedestrian began struggling and banging on the trooper's patrol car.

As the officers attempted to arrest him, the man hit the Arlington officer in the face and took off in the officer's cruiser.

The trooper pursued the suspect, with the chase continuing off I-66 and onto Route 29 before returning to I-66 westbound.

At mile marker 47 in Fairfax County, State Police and Prince William County Police were able to surround the suspect's car and force him onto the shoulder.

After stopping, the suspect ran from the stolen cruiser and jumped into the bed of a pickup truck that was stopped in the westbound lanes of I-66. Police had stopped all traffic due to the car chase.

The suspect grabbed a shovel from the back of the pickup truck and began swinging at the troopers as they came toward him.

The man finally complied with officer's commands to drop the shovel, but then jumped out of the back of the pickup truck and climbed over the cement Jersey wall.

Now in the left shoulder of the eastbound lanes of I-66, the suspect refused to be taken into custody and continued to fight officers.

A trooper and sergeant sustained minor injuries in the course of arresting the suspect.

Prince William County Police officers took the suspect to the Prince William County Adult Detention Center.

Charges are pending, police say.

The Arlington County police officer was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Hope 66 isn't still screwed.

Offline HalfSmokes

That guy is very lucky he didn't get shot

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Hope 66 isn't still screwed.

just checked the traffic cam in Manassas and it looked fine.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=743

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Wish they would have lit him up. Getting sick of these scum bags being allowed in general public.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
How does an Arlington County officer meet a Price William County officer? Guess Fairfax County PD just took the day off huh?

Offline BerkeleyNat

Offline blue911

Was it MDS?

he would have called the police "needledicks"

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
He would have stolen it if it had been a bike

Was it MDS?

Offline nats2playoffs

How does an Arlington County officer meet a Prince William County officer? Guess Fairfax County PD just took the day off huh?
It wasn't Prince William County police; it was a Virginia state trooper. My guess is that the Arlington County police officer was on his way to work, or otherwise off duty, heard the report and responded.

The suspect was lucky that this guy wasn't in pursuit:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Was it MDS?

You know it wasn't me for a couple of reasons:

1) I don't go on I-66 unless it's to see doctors (boo) or to take my wife to one of her favorite stores in Fair Oaks
2) I have nothing but respect for the folks in blue and I'm not even bullcraptin'
3) The only people I pop in the face are yuppie scumbags in need of some excitement and extermination

Offline BerkeleyNat

You know it wasn't me for a couple of reasons:

1) I don't go on I-66 unless it's to see doctors (boo) or to take my wife to one of her favorite stores in Fair Oaks
2) I have nothing but respect for the folks in blue and I'm not even bullcraptin'
3) The only people I pop in the face are yuppie scumbags in need of some excitement and extermination

I know. I was just yanking your chain playa!  :)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Sounds like this fool was on PCP. What a choadmonster.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

The suspect was lucky that this guy wasn't in pursuit:

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm gonna need that for the neighborhood watch