Author Topic: Regarding Brad Lidge  (Read 4800 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Re: Regarding Brad Lidge
« Reply #50: June 16, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
He's a phillie plant

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #51: June 16, 2012, 06:41:52 PM »
The choice is Mattheus or HRod. Which one do you want?I would cut Lidge. He is not the pitcher he was and I am not willing to have a RP throw BP.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #52: June 16, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »
The choice is Mattheus or HRod. Which one do you want?I would cut Lidge. He is not the pitcher he was and I am not willing to have a RP throw BP.

HRod. We can send Gonzalez down when Mattheus is healthy

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #53: June 16, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
First he blows the save on Opening Day now this crap.

He is a two pitcher with no velocity and poor command. But he isn't going anywhere

Offline Hannibal Smith

« Reply #54: June 16, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
He's just horrible.  I remember watching the first game of this series where he had someone 1-2.  They knew they were gonna get 3 straight sliders and took the walk. 

Lidge is done.  Hopefully Rizzo sees this (with Nady also) and gets rid of them before the team starts to question management.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #55: June 16, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
I hate to hear players get boo'd. I guarantee Lidge isn't slacking off. It's up to management to remove him from the team. It's up to him to play as well as he can. This may be as well as he can.

Rizzo needs to be boo'd soon if he can't see it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #56: June 16, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
They need to get rid of Lidge, HRod, and Nady but you know that's not going to happen.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #57: June 16, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
I think Lidge has lost it. When does Mattheus return?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #58: June 16, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
Mentioned this in the GD thread.   I feel bad for him.   He doesn't know how to walk away.    Sometime, you gotta leave.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #59: June 16, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »
Prediction: Lidge will be cut Monday.

« Reply #60: June 16, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »

I sure hope so. 

Offline Fan037

« Reply #61: June 16, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
Mentioned this in the GD thread.   I feel bad for him.   He doesn't know how to walk away.    Sometime, you gotta leave.

Agree.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #62: June 16, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »
Vince Russo

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #63: June 16, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

more likely back on the DL,  he was pretty effective toward the end of last year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #64: June 16, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »
He needs to go bye bye. I almost never turn on a Nat and want them gone, every player usually has done redeeming quality to look for. Lidge is a former Philly and he is a guaranteed loss, SP and every bullpen guy has been lights out the past week. Lidge is the only reason we lost the last two games. DFA him now.

Offline GOON

« Reply #65: June 16, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »
more likely back on the DL,  he was pretty effective toward the end of last year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

You have to know when to cut bait and Lidge's time to go is now.  He has been awful the entire season and now that we're in the playoff race, we can't have someone like him on the team.  Same goes for GEEKS like Nady and HRod.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #66: June 16, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »

I still like him more than H-Rod because he isn't wild but he isn't effective either.  H-Rod was wild but still got K's.  Lidge gives up walks AND hits.  He isn't fooling anyone because he can't locate the FB.  When he doesn't do that, no one offers at the slider because he NEVER throws it for a strike.

Matheus and Storen should be back soon.  A pen consisting of Det, Gorzy, Stammen, Matheus, Storen, Clippard, and Burnett should be the best one going forward for a pennant race.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #67: June 17, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »
This was a quote from Lidge today after the game...

“I’m in a bit of bad luck right know where they’re kind of hitting them where they ain’t,” Lidge said.

LMAO yeah man Texiera's missile of a double was just one of those balls that found a hole. What a jackass. Admit that you suck man.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #68: June 17, 2012, 03:50:14 AM »

“I’m in a bit of bad luck right know where they’re kind of hitting them where they ain’t,” Lidge said.

LMAO yeah man Texiera's missile of a double was just one of those balls that found a hole. What a jackass. Admit that you suck man.
Name a professional athlete that is going to admit that he sucks? And be serious about it. If they ever do say they suck...its usually in jest.

While he truly does suck phallic objects....he isn't going to come out and say it...if he does...hes admitting defeat and throwing away whatever slim pathetic chance he has at being on a team next season.

And lets not pretend like the Nats didn't have their fair chances to walk away with the win. Leaving Zimm on third is pitiful.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #69: June 17, 2012, 04:27:34 AM »
Name a professional athlete that is going to admit that he sucks? And be serious about it. If they ever do say they suck...its usually in jest.

While he truly does suck phallic objects....he isn't going to come out and say it...if he does...hes admitting defeat and throwing away whatever slim pathetic chance he has at being on a team next season.

And lets not pretend like the Nats didn't have their fair chances to walk away with the win. Leaving Zimm on third is pitiful.

Yeah, any athlete admitting they've lost it isn't an athlete. But they can admit they are in a slump. Excluding even that, it's another thing entirely to make excuses. That is unacceptable, do not make excuses for your crappy performance. This reminds me totally of Mock blaming his crap on the freaking wind. Athletes don't look for any and every excuse and blame it on anything but themselves. So there's not admitting you have lost it. Then there's being a chickencrap and looking for any excuse possible but themselves to blame it on, ala Mock. Lidge is pulling that now, in addition to historic levels of sucking when everyone else is performing above and beyond. The best day this season so far was when Lidge went on the DL as far as the teams chances of winning go, and the worst was when he returned to the roster. Regardless, don't be a coward and blame it on everything but the fact you suck.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #70: June 17, 2012, 05:56:49 AM »
Name a professional athlete that is going to admit that he sucks? And be serious about it.

Any player who retires mid season. They don't come out and say it in words but it happens on ocassion.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #71: June 17, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »
It's Lidge's job to play. It's Rizzo's job to remove him from the team.

Offline GSW

« Reply #72: June 17, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »
They need to get rid of Lidge, HRod, and Nady but you know that's not going to happen.

:rites: :whip: 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #73: June 17, 2012, 09:44:17 AM »

He shouldn't have been pitching against Tex. We had a lefty in the bullpen.

I don't think he's good, but grounders with eyes and then he should have been out of there.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #74: June 17, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman
Ryan Mattheus listed in #Nats bullpen today. Brad Lidge not. Lidge met Mike Rizzo earlier.