Poll

With J.Zimmermann out, who will be Matheny's choice for our All Star rep?

Stephen Strasburg
1 (3.6%)
Rafael Soriano
4 (14.3%)
Drew Storen
3 (10.7%)
Tyler Clippard
1 (3.6%)
Anthony Rendon
13 (46.4%)
Adam LaRoche
2 (7.1%)
Bryce Harper
0 (0%)
Jayson "Full Moon" Werth
0 (0%)
Ian F. Desmond
0 (0%)
Doug Fister
3 (10.7%)
Ryan Zimmerman
0 (0%)
Wilson Ramos
0 (0%)
Danny Espinosa
0 (0%)
Gio Gonzalez
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: POLL: With J Zimmermann out, who will be Matheny's choice for our All Star rep.?  (Read 3960 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Oh ok, thanks, kind of sucks not to have a single player repping the Nats at the game though :(

Yeah it really makes a game what was so worth watching because of ZNN not worth watching anymoer.   

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
You get no respect until you kick somebody's ass.

They had the best record in baseball in 2012 and got not respect. Do you mean playoff success? I'll buy that to a certain degree.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
They had the best record in baseball in 2012 and got not respect. Do you mean playoff success? I'll buy that to a certain degree.

As I mentioned in a previous post.    I mean St. Louis.    The arrogant louts give us no respect.    Let's beat 'em regularly, have Williams be the NL manager and have one St. Louis representative.    If they get voted on, fine.     Pick none of them, even if one of their pitchers is a Cy Young candidate.   If you have to choose a Card, pick a utility infielder.      Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Yeah it really makes a game what was so worth watching because of ZNN not worth watching anymoer.   (Image removed from quote.)

Not what I said  :roll:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
The Nats don't really need another reason to resent the Cards but we should thank Metheney for giving them one.

Offline MorseTheHorse

ZNN needed to be replaced by a pitcher, and Soriano said he would decline an invitation.  Frankly, if the Nats natural 'back-up all-star' declines, I don't think Matheney needs to keep going down the list until he finds a Nat willing to play.  I have 0 outrage.

Offline MorseTheHorse

They were common WS picks in 2013 and even more so in 2014.  What lack of respect do you see?

Offline Ray D

I couldn't care less about the all star game much less whether there are any Nats.  But my curiosity compels me to ask: what about the rule that every team has to be represented?

Offline blue911

I couldn't care less about the all star game much less whether there are any Nats.  But my curiosity compels me to ask: what about the rule that every team has to be represented?

Zimmermann counts as the Nats representative. Which leads to the question, why have a stupid all team rule if the player doesn't have to be active. 

Offline HalfSmokes

As I mentioned in a previous post.    I mean St. Louis.    The arrogant louts give us no respect.    Let's beat 'em regularly, have Williams be the NL manager and have one St. Louis representative.    If they get voted on, fine.     Pick none of them, even if one of their pitchers is a Cy Young candidate.   If you have to choose a Card, pick a utility infielder.      Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'd prefer selecting a bunch of cards pitchers, four innings on short rest seems like a good reward for one of their staeters

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Zimmermann counts as the Nats representative. Which leads to the question, why have a stupid all team rule if the player doesn't have to be active. 

Bingo!

Offline nats2playoffs

MASN should provide alternate programming for Nationals fans. 
On Tue July 15, they've scheduled a Classic Orioles-White Sox game at 6:00 pm.

I sent this message to MASN here:
http://www.masnsports.com/masn-news-information/contact-masn.html#form

Since there are NO Washington Nationals who will be in uniform at the 2014 All Star game, please replace the July 15, 2014 evening MASN programming with:
A replay of NL Playoff Game 4 against St Louis on 10/11/12, to force a game 5. Werth had the longest at-bat to result in a game-ending postseason home run.

Offline CALSGR8

MASN should provide alternate programming for Nationals fans. 
On Tue July 15, they've scheduled a Classic Orioles-White Sox game at 6:00 pm.

I sent this message to MASN here:
http://www.masnsports.com/masn-news-information/contact-masn.html#form

Since there are NO Washington Nationals who will be in uniform at the 2014 All Star game, please replace the July 15, 2014 evening MASN programming with:
A replay of NL Playoff Game 4 against St Louis on 10/11/12, to force a game 5. Werth had the longest at-bat to result in a game-ending postseason home run.

(Image removed from quote.)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :cheers: :yesyes: :metal: :minigunz:

Offline CALSGR8

Hope you don't mind. I plagiarized your request and put in my own.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3m

Source: #Nationals' Clippard being added to NL All-Star team.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

:clap:

Offline blue911

Just the mere threat of MDS nekkid.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Just the mere threat of MDS nekkid.

Can you blame them?

The visual alone is horrifying ...

Offline nats2playoffs

Rosenthal's source?  Nats Xtra just reported one minute ago that we have no All Star rep.
 :shrug:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Rosenthal's source?  Nats Xtra just reported one minute ago that we have no All Star rep.
 :shrug:

Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP 1m

Tyler Clippard has been added to the NL all-star team, per a source. @Ken_Rosenthal had it first.

Offline More of #34

Also mentioned on the pre-game show.

Offline CALSGR8

Why when I google Clippard All Star it only brings up 2011

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
William Ladson ‏@washingnats 13m

This will be Tyler Clippard's second All-Star appearance. He picked up the victory in 2011. #Nats #Nationals #MLB

Offline nats2playoffs

One person picked Tyler Clippard in the POLL, who has been confirmed to be the 2014 All Star representative.

Tyler Clippard, winning pitcher of the 2011 All Star Game

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2011_07_12_aasmlb_nasmlb_1

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Turn it down you clumsy bastard.  No way to use the 'us against the world' if you go to the game.

I would much rather no Nat or Tiger play in this game.  What 162 games in 200 days isn't enough?  I'd rather forfeit home-field and allow players to be perfectly healthy than fight guys with pseudo-injuries trying to tough it out.