Author Topic: Mass Effect Thread  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Mass Effect Thread
« Reply #25: March 07, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
CHIEF LIVES IN A freakING TRASH CAN

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #26: March 07, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
Thanks for not posting an article with spoilers.

Also, to anyone currently playing who may post in this thread:

USE SPOILER TAGS.  DO NOT POST SPOILERS

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #27: March 07, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »
I love Jack

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #28: March 13, 2012, 03:29:16 AM »
I just realized its going to be pretty hard to talk about the game since one part could spoil something for someone else.

I guess we could talk via achievement names since it doesn't necessarily spoil how to get them.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #29: March 14, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »
So I just completed the achievement "Hard Target" which is the one you earn when you Call out an Orbital Attack or something along the lines of that...

god damn... that ending result of the mission was insane, at least it was with my decisions. It still wasn't as awesome as the Tuchanka parts but damn it was up there.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #30: March 20, 2012, 05:33:08 AM »
So I just beat the game. Not too sure what to think of the ending since they're are "different" endings I hear. Here's what happened in mine:

I got to the citadel and was the catalyst. I talked to the "catalyst" who was in the form of that boy Shepherd kept thinking of. I went to the Blue/electricity control panel. I believe it aloud me to take full control of the reapers but it destroyed all the mass relays. After it showed all of the mass relays shooting eachother, the Normandy was flying away. It got caught in the destruction and landed on some unknown earthly planet that had a giant planet and sun in orbit. Joker, Ashley, and Garrus got out and looked around and it went to credits.

I wonder what would've happened if I went red or what else there was too it.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #31: March 20, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
There isn't much a difference. It's the same cinematic just with a red explosion. Thats one of the complaints fans are having

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #32: March 20, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
There isn't much a difference. It's the same cinematic just with a red explosion. Thats one of the complaints fans are having

Oh. Well that's lame. I really enjoyed the game. I thought it was really fun and a lot of the cutscenes were awesome. It was a bit weak of an ending since it threw so much crap at you without explaining much. It wasn't also too great after 5 years of build up. I'll take it for what its worth and that Shepard dedicated himself to stopping the invasion... but I don't get the point of blowing up the Mass Relays. Races could be stranded on different planets and such. I like the theory ideas that Shepard was indoctrinated the entire time but I doubt those are real. The ending is what it is. It would've been cool to see Shepard do it in a different way though.

Also, the Thresher Maw scene was probably my favorite. I'm also upset they killed off so many allies. But I do understand since they wanted it to feel like a last hope thing

Offline Slateman

« Reply #33: March 20, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
Dude, I went on a massive rant on the endings on another board. This sums it up nicely

WARNING!! SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #34: March 20, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
Dude, I went on a massive rant on the endings on another board. This sums it up nicely

WARNING!! SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO

Nice. I'm watching this right now. So far so good.

I really loved the game though. It definitely had plot flaws here and there but aside from that the gameplay was pretty fun. It did seem like the graphics were a downgrade from ME2 though.

Also: I really think they should've prolonged the reaper invasion by a mission or two. It felt so weird and forced at the beginning of the game. Maybe it was because I played 5-6 hours of ME2 to beat it right before I played ME3 but I was hoping it'd be a great build up and not just a sudden "bam!" here's what we got!

I had Mordin, Miranda, Thane, Tali, and Legion die. The Mordin death was cool because it was honorable and such but the Tali and Legion death was like a big freak you, to me! I was trying to let Legion live and by doing that the ignorant Quarians decide to fire on them and get completely wiped out. Then by doing this, Legion had to sacrifice himself for the rest of the Geth.... Then once all of the Quarians are getting obliterated, Tali decides to jump off a cliff. Yeah, understandable that everything she was fighting for (to have a homeworld again) was all taken away from here in that instant, but come on! They got rid of two characters I enjoyed.[/spoilers]

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #35: March 20, 2012, 12:16:44 PM »
So I just watched the video and I agree with everything. It is disturbing that such an ending was created. I wonder if they are going to come out with DLC to "finish" it or not but either way, it was horrible writing. Maybe EA wanted them to have such an ending so they COULD make more money.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #36: March 20, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Man, the guy who created the indoctrination is a better writer than bioware. It may be grasping for straws and connecting things that aren't supposed to be connected but it makes much more sense. I hope EA/Bioware at least comments on something! The LOST ending was much better than this.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #37: March 20, 2012, 12:45:03 PM »
So I just watched the video and I agree with everything. It is disturbing that such an ending was created. I wonder if they are going to come out with DLC to "finish" it or not but either way, it was horrible writing. Maybe EA wanted them to have such an ending so they COULD make more money.

They are. April or May.

I'm really hoping that this is a result of the lead writer leaving in towards the end of ME2 and the script for ME3 getting leaked. If EA did this crap on purpose ...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #38: March 20, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
The ending basically thumbs its nose at you while saying "haha, you thought free will and choice actually existed".  The "funny" part is that Bioware/EA are simultaneously doing the same thing to the player IRL

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #39: March 20, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
They are. April or May.

I'm really hoping that this is a result of the lead writer leaving in towards the end of ME2 and the script for ME3 getting leaked. If EA did this crap on purpose ...

Oh cool so there will be DLC for me to spend money on so I can forget about this mistake.

I agree. Hopefully they were baffled after the writer left so I can understand if it was out of place (sorta). If EA demonstrated another example of why they're an evil company then that's some straight up bullcrap.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #40: March 20, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »
The ending basically thumbs its nose at you while saying "haha, you thought free will and choice actually existed".  The "funny" part is that Bioware/EA are simultaneously doing the same thing to the player IRL

We're being indoctrinated.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #41: March 20, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
For the record, the Marauder Shields meme is pretty damn funny.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #42: March 21, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
So here is my theory: The end is a dream/vision. If you take the red ending, at the very end, with your EMS maxed out, you see what appears to be Shepard gasping for a breath, surrounded by rubble. No way does he survive the Citadel exploding like it does.

For the blue and green ending, watch him closely. You'll notice that his eyes and skin look like a husk. Like someone who is indoctrinated.

Couple that with Shepard's gun suddenly having unlimited ammo, random reapers being there to shoot and a mysterious wound in Shepard's left oblique (he got shot in the right shoulder) lead me to believe that everything after the run towards the light is a dream or halucination

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #43: March 21, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
So here is my theory: The end is a dream/vision. If you take the red ending, at the very end, with your EMS maxed out, you see what appears to be Shepard gasping for a breath, surrounded by rubble. No way does he survive the Citadel exploding like it does.

For the blue and green ending, watch him closely. You'll notice that his eyes and skin look like a husk. Like someone who is indoctrinated.

Couple that with Shepard's gun suddenly having unlimited ammo, random reapers being there to shoot and a mysterious wound in Shepard's left oblique (he got shot in the right shoulder) lead me to believe that everything after the run towards the light is a dream or halucination

Yeah I watched both 25 minute Indoctrination videos and all I can say is that fan's can piece the story together better than the writers. Either way, if that's the actual ending then it still isn't an ending lol. If you choose the red/destroy option then it must be that Shepard doesn't give into the indoctrination and is indeed back on Earth. A good way to notice that is when he is shooting the explosion option he doesn't look like a husk AND his limp is gone. Also, BioWare actually commented on it today by saying that they're going to be developing something that we should see by April. They also said they stand by their ending and apologize if the "artistic vision" wasn't understood by the common folk... freak that.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #44: March 21, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »
99% of this game is so freaking great. But this ending .... it's just .... ugh ...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #45: March 21, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
99% of this game is so freaking great. But this ending .... it's just .... ugh ...

Totally agree.