Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 17699 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #125: August 15, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
Another double for Ryan!!! Oh yeah, check this article out from Nationals.com:
Phillies center fielder Aaron Rowand is a free agent after the season, and while he didn't reveal his offseason plans, he has been keeping his eye on the Nationals and said that they have a bright future ahead of them, including getting a new ballpark.

"I know what they have in their Minor League system," Rowand said. "This is going to be a team that will be contending real quickly."

Rowand is aware that the Nationals are looking for a center fielder and is flattered that his name has been linked to Washington. Rowand is having one of his best seasons, hitting .311 with 19 home runs and 65 RBIs entering Wednesday's action.

"As far as the free agency process goes, this is the first time, I've gone through it," Rowand said. "I'm not sure what to expect. We haven't talked to anybody. We haven't even talked to the Phillies about any kind of extension or anything as far as the future is concerned. I haven't put much thought as far as what happens this offseason. I'm trying to help the Phillies win games. The goal is to make the playoffs."