Author Topic: Sports Bog: Cardinals take shots at the Nats  (Read 2178 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Sports Bog: Cardinals take shots at the Nats
« Reply #50: October 16, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
Was it Boz who said that the umpires don't object to the TBS pitch tracker because it is notoriously off?

Anyone with eyes could see that it was terrible, I stopped paying any attention to it after the first game.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #51: October 16, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
Anyone with eyes could see that it was terrible, I stopped paying any attention to it after the first game.

My question after thinking I had put my contacts in the wrong eyes..........how could TBS not recognize this, get rid of it and just show replays?

Maybe they are required by contract with the United Pitch Track Contractors Union?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #52: October 16, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
Their pitch track is not the real pitch track. Having said that, gameday pretty much always agreed with them. He just simply wasn't throwing strikes. :(

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #53: October 16, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Oh BFD.  They're explaining what made them think they could come back.  So what?  What were they supposed to do, just accept a 0-6 deficit and roll over?  It's not like they're saying, "Hah, that Storen is a choking mother freaker.  Might as well go hang himself."

Sometimes I can't get over how sensy the people here are. :hang:

Yeah, this is pretty much my thinking. These may all have been comments taken out of context of broader statements about the whole game/series. It is a competitive sport, afterall. I would expect little leaguers to even think like this when they are behind. It makes sense that someone paid to win would look for opportunities to come back. Still, these should be minor comments. It would be lame for them to waste time trash talking in their situation. Hell, they turned around against the Giants and gave up 4 in an inning after going up 6-0. That's baseball.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #54: October 16, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
In addition to sweeping them, and having thought this over carefully, and culling through my 58 years of watching (and sometimes playing) baseball, next year requires what we used to call "chin music". Maybe there is good reason to give HRod a long look next April.

Damn I had all but forgotten about HRod. In the end Storen and Gio might as well have been HRod though.  :?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #55: October 16, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Nobody would have dug in at the plate with HRod on the mound.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #56: October 16, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
Nobody would have dug in at the plate with HRod on the mound.

Right. Why dig in when you know you're either going to walk or get hit?

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #57: October 16, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »
Winning the series Apr 22-24 next year would make me much happier then beaning some players for beating us, and then being somewhat honest about how it went down. 

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #58: October 16, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
I'm not a fan of beaning (or takeout slides/railroading the catcher for that matter). Sweeping them will be much sweeter vengeance for me (or knocking them out in the playoffs).

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #60: October 16, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »
Oh no. One pitch at the bottom of the zone was called a ball and not a strike.

Alert the media and launch an investigation.

Offline PC

« Reply #61: October 16, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »
It would have only taken one pitch to end the game with the Nationals still leading.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #62: October 16, 2012, 11:54:33 PM »
:roll: What's over is over, no amount of arguing that whatever Storen was pitching was a strike will change anything. It's just silly (to me) to analyze how close we were to moving up. All it does it hurt the healing process. And hell, it's not even a strong "argument". It's just a lot of daydreaming and sniffling into kleenex.

I'd rather have more forward looking stuff, like how these players are going to bust their collective asses next year.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #63: October 16, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »
It would have only taken one pitch to end the game with the Nationals still leading.

Not when it's the first pitch.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #64: October 17, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »

And they (TBS) seems to be the only network broadcasting baseball that thinks the strikezone is two-dimensional.  Their pitch-tracker is awful.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #65: October 17, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »
And they (TBS) seems to be the only network broadcasting baseball that thinks the strikezone is two-dimensional.  Their pitch-tracker is awful.

every network and MLB Gameday thought the strikezone was 2D......10+ years ago

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #66: October 17, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »
every network and MLB Gameday thought the strikezone was 2D......10+ years ago

And they've all evolved.  TBS seems to have morons in their production department.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #67: October 17, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »

If only Storen had found his sack and made that pitch.