Author Topic: Paul Swydan Believes Braves Will Catch Nats [but who gives gives a rat's ...]  (Read 17779 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
He's just a broken-hearted Red Sox supporter forced to watch his team mail it in in the homestretch, and needs something else to dump on, some other bandwagon to jump on....

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
this dude is still at it?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
this dude is still at it?

This guy has no shame. And, yes, first pitch in the World Series? How about Frank Howard? Or the President. He lives here, and baseball tradition is that the season starts when  the President throws out the first ball at a Washington game. Or...that was the tradition, year after year, from Taft through Richard Nixon in 1971...until MLB allowed Bob <expletive deleted> to move the team to some spot in Texas.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
This guy has no shame. And, yes, first pitch in the World Series? How about Frank Howard? Or the President. He lives here, and baseball tradition is that the season starts when  the President throws out the first ball at a Washington game. Or...that was the tradition, year after year, from Taft through Richard Nixon in 1971...until MLB allowed Bob <expletive deleted> to move the team to some spot in Texas.

How about Obama and Romney together?  The sad thing is probably neither one would agree for various reasons, but DC, a week or so before the election?  It would be a great symbol of the cooperation the city should be about (again why it won't happen).

Offline BigMeech

How about Obama and Romney together?  The sad thing is probably neither one would agree for various reasons, but DC, a week or so before the election?  It would be a great symbol of the cooperation the city should be about (again why it won't happen).

If neither of them do it, just let RON PAUL do it~!

:D

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
freak no. Keep politicians out of this. If you want a president to toss out the first pitch let it be Teddy Roosevelt.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
freak no. Keep politicians out of this. If you want a president to toss out the first pitch let it be Teddy Roosevelt.

Presidents should only do opening day  ...  'cept for TR.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Nats fans still care that this dude is still at it?

FTFY

Offline R-Zim#11

Or the President.

Absolutely not, and this has nothing to do with politics:

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
No Chicago fan should be allowed to throw a first pitch in our park!

PS I think I just decided who to vote for...last week a motorcade blocked my way to a game, and now I see this picture with a Nats jacket and a White Sox cap...boo!!!!!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Barack Obama lacks Natitude in that picture

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I wasn't a dubya fan, but I loved his first pitch in the World Series in 2001.

In the middle of a campaign, it would be an absolute security clusterfreak if you had it known that both Mitt and BHO were going to be there.  If you want to have a nod to the establishment in this town, Michelle and Ann would be nice.

Offline R-Zim#11

I wasn't a dubya fan, but I loved his first pitch in the World Series in 2001.

In the middle of a campaign, it would be an absolute security clusterfreak if you had it known that both Mitt and BHO were going to be there.  If you want to have a nod to the establishment in this town, Michelle and Ann would be nice.

I would love to see an old Senator ...

Offline mitlen

No Chicago fan should be allowed to throw a first pitch in our park!

PS I think I just decided who to vote for...last week a motorcade blocked my way to a game, and now I see this picture with a Nats jacket and a White Sox cap...boo!!!!!

In depth analysis.   It's why I always voted for David L. (Leo) Lawrence.   :P

Offline welch

I would love to see an old Senator ...

Sievers, Yost, Howard, maybe Pascual or Bosman. Del Unser works for the Fillies (although he is still a great guy). Walter Johnson's grandson? David Eisenhower (Ike's grandson), who was a batboy in the '50s?

A show of international co-operation: Connie Marrero? Nats pitcher and oldest living MLB player? Andre Dawson and Rusty Staub as a link to the Expos?

Offline mitlen

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I still don't understand why people are upset with a guy for having an opinion.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I still don't understand why people are upset with a guy for having an opinion.

Says the guy who loses his mind whenever sportsfan opens his mouth.

Offline hammondsnats

i do not want obama throwing out the first pitch at a nats playoff game. 

hell i don't want any former president to do so either. 

keep them away.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
i do not want obama throwing out the first pitch at a nats playoff game. 

hell i don't want any former president to do so either. 

keep them away.

^ This.
It is OK for the current President to throw out the pitch on Opening Day at Home but not any old time, and definitely not for the First Play Off Game. As others have said an old (I hate to use that word for this) Senator or a descendant of a significant deceased Senator/National like someone suggested Walter Johnson's Grandson.

Or maybe Rizzo.

Screech, or maybe Racing Teddy can throw it out (since they won't let him win the dang President's Race)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Says the guy who loses his mind whenever sportsfan opens his mouth.

:spit:

Offline welch

Offline welch

Or maybe Paul Swydan, whoever he is.

Offline PC

Matt Meyers ‏@mtmeyers
Props to @Swydan for writing this 10 days ago: http://es.pn/SqBXsB
Retweeted by Paul Swydan

Swydan deftly retweeted the "props" on his blog post from a week ago about the Rangers being vulnerable.

Oddly, he's made no mention at all of the post that started this thread.  Let's all hold our breath.   :roll:

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
Swydan deftly retweeted the "props" on his blog post from a week ago about the Rangers being vulnerable.

Oddly, he's made no mention at all of the post that started this thread.  Let's all hold our breath.   :roll:

To be fair he predicted the Nats to win the East and the Phillies to bomb out in the spring.  So Swydan was wrong, but Swydan was right.