Author Topic: Bryce isnt making friends in DC  (Read 19699 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Bryce isnt making friends in DC
« Reply #100: February 01, 2012, 06:27:28 AM »
Its not that he roots so much for those teams.  I wonder if he truly roots for them or if he's just being immature saying he roots for essentially every single rival this area has!  To top it off, he throws it up in everyone's face!  Either that or he's truly a bandwagon fan!!!

MDS, what about Gio?!  He comes on this team, goes to a caps game, says go Redskins and gets his picture taken with Rexy! 

I don't see Pujols or Fielder spouting off on who they root for.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #101: February 01, 2012, 06:37:10 AM »
Hope he blows out both knees during his last season with us before he tries to sellout to the Yankees.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #102: February 01, 2012, 06:39:03 AM »

...the Nats are the only DC team I root for....

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #103: February 01, 2012, 06:53:54 AM »
MDS, what about Gio?!  He comes on this team, goes to a caps game, says go Redskins and gets his picture taken with Rexy!

There we go, that's what I was looking for.  :thumbs:

[spider]I don't remember getting my picture taken with him though :stir: [/spider]

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #104: February 01, 2012, 07:31:36 AM »
...the Nats are the only DC team I root for....

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #105: February 01, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »
I'm guessing meth.

Meth is death, he wouldn't make it through the season on that crap.  On coke he's young enough and strong enough to last ten years or more before it drags him down.  Gotta think that the local dealers are drooling over the prospects of supplying Bryce and his inevitable posse; boats, cars, and houses will be purchased with the profits.  He's coming to the perfect organization for this sort of thing, the press is kept at arms length so any incidents will be hushed up as his trade value will be maintained at all costs.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #106: February 01, 2012, 08:06:22 AM »
Trade him now.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #107: February 01, 2012, 08:29:44 AM »
Package him with storen for Dunn!

Offline GSW

« Reply #108: February 01, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »
Why should he be a fan of the Redskins.... or any DC area team. The skins have done nothing for 20 years?

He is not from this area, and he is only 19yr's old (who has never been told "NO").

I say, keep him in AA or AAA until he can handle being a big boy? (even if it takes 7 years) :doh:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #109: February 01, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »
He needs a handler or something.  Sort of a de-douchitizing filter.

This.

Hope he blows out both knees during his last season with us before he tries to sellout to the Yankees.

:roll: If only he were mature like you.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #110: February 01, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »
Why should he be a fan of the Redskins.... or any DC area team. The skins have done nothing for 20 years?

He is not from this area, and he is only 19yr's old (who has never been told "NO").

I say, keep him in AA or AAA until he can handle being a big boy? (even if it takes 7 years) :doh:

How long can we let him rot in the minors before having to bring him up? 

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #111: February 01, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
No, it won't. Pujols came off a World.Series win and he left.

Oh and he's a Boras client. They go to free agency. On top of that, Harper has shown he has no loyalty whatsoever to Washington beyond his paycheck.

I don't have any loyalty to my employer beyond my paycheck either, and I imagine that this is true for 90+% of all people.  Why is that such a bad thing?

Offline Ray D

« Reply #112: February 01, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »
Why should he be a fan of the Redskins....
No reason at all, and I don't think anyone is saying he should. And if he hates the Redskins, that's fine too. The point is, he needs to keep all that to himself. Seriously, I know he's "only 19", but 19 is old enough to understand all this.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #113: February 01, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »
But it's in his best interests to not be brash about Cowboys et al and to speak of his interests to the Washington area - even if it's only a front.  Boras should be helping him with the PR part

I don't have any loyalty to my employer beyond my paycheck either, and I imagine that this is true for 90+% of all people.  Why is that such a bad thing?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #114: February 01, 2012, 08:58:27 AM »
In the total scheme of things, this really doesn't matter. If the kid can play, all will be forgiven and we all know that.

Look, we knew he had a big mouth when we drafted him so this is not exactly news.

I'm not a big fan of rookies who run their yaps but this kid could give this franchise the swagger it needs.

Bryce, you have some growing up to do.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #115: February 01, 2012, 08:59:34 AM »
And somebody in the FO needs to get him to understand these two letters: PR.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #116: February 01, 2012, 09:01:24 AM »
Is it a big deal that he hates the Skins?  Of course not.  Should he be going public with it and getting into battles on Twitter with die hard Skins fans who could be Nats fans?  Probably not a great idea.  I'm surprised that Boras doesn't have someone telling him what he should and should not be talking about publicly. 

I don't think anyone expects him to be a die hard fans of the local teams.  All he needs to say is that he grew up a fan of the Cowboys because his dad was a fan and that he respects the rivalry and the fans.  Media would have nowhere to go with that. 

He needs to follow Gio around to see how PR is done correctly. 

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #117: February 01, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
Omar Minaya just called--He says to trade Harper and Storen for a rental on Michael Bourn.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #118: February 01, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »
In the total scheme of things, this really doesn't matter. If the kid can play, all will be forgiven

That's a reasonable outlook, but I don't share it.  No matter how good he turns out to be, if the whole time he is here he'd rather be somewhere else, it diminishes my appreciation of him.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #119: February 01, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »
That's a reasonable outlook, but I don't share it.  No matter how good he turns out to be, if the whole time he is here he'd rather be somewhere else, it diminishes my appreciation of him.

I agree. I don't think he's hurting himself since his marketing will be national anyway, and he'll get paid as long as he can play. The only people he really hurts if he persists in this crap is the nats by reducing his local popularity and marketability

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #120: February 01, 2012, 09:12:12 AM »

Did he say that he would rather be somewhere else? If he did, then I would trade him for a bucket of balls.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #121: February 01, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »
I agree. I don't think he's hurting himself since his marketing will be national anyway, and he'll get paid as long as he can play. The only people he really hurts if he persists in this crap is the nats by reducing his local popularity and marketability

Nah, in fact, the bigger mouths are rewarded nowadays. If you're old school like me, this is hard to stomach but that's the way it is.

If that kid can play, it will cure all ills.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #122: February 01, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »

Wishing injury to anyone is not cool.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #123: February 01, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
But he'll look really cute as Smurfette this year! Let the clubhouse take care of their own...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #124: February 01, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
Yeesh, some people sound like jilted lovers.

You do realize that if Bryce gets a ginormous contract from the Yankees it will be because he was playing MVP caliber baseball here with us? Right? In which case he has EARNED the right to play for the Yankees or the Nats or anyone else for that matter.

He is not beholden to the Nationals. He is not required to play his entire career here. He is not required to root for the local teams. He is required to play for the Nationals for the next 6 years. After that, he will be a FREE agent and is entitled to do what he pleases. There is nothing wrong with that.  Besides, what am I going to do about it? And who am I to begrudge him that?

If he does get a ginormous contract and leaves after 6 years, I will thank him for the MVP caliber years and wish him well.