Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14341 times)

Offline PC

Just making a placeholder.  :?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Only one hit on the first pitch would have to be the worst.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
There were two balls that were crushed by Zim and Espi that are HRs in any other park on any other day

Other than that - yeah, not so much

Offline Coladar

By Ian Desmond, and no less... Swinging at the first pitch of the first game of the season, and way to wear a pitcher in and let the other lineup guys see what he has. When that is your offensive highlight, and by that player, yeah, we are in trouble.

Offline atodasoh

Laroche Striking out with the bases loaded was pretty offensive.

Offline Bloo

I blame it all on Rizzo. Karma can be a real b!tch.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Laroche Striking out with the bases loaded was pretty offensive.

This.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Offline houston-nat

Guess this unjinxed us. Thanks, PC!

Offline hammondsnats

hahahaha i love it.

Offline Count Walewski

Ah yes, the "Polish No-Hitter"

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
If the Reds shutout holds, the Nats will have scored more runs than any other NLE team today :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
LaRoche needs to retire

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Damn straight.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
LaRoche will be here until the bitter end.  If they're not cutting bait with Lannan they're not going to with LaRoche.

• pissy DC sports fan
If the Reds shutout holds, the Nats will have scored more runs than any other NLE team today :lol:

Not just for today, but for the whole season thus far (two whole days in). :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Not just for today, but for the whole season thus far (two whole days in). :lol:

THE OFFENSE IS FIXED!!! :mg:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
 :funny:

A total of 5 runs from the NL east so far.

Offline BerkeleyNat

SF was getting ready to fire up this thread after about the third inning.  :lol:

• pissy DC sports fan
On a serious note, I am genuinely concerned about what we saw from LaRoche and Werth today.  It's just one day, so you can pretty much shrug off statistics for now, but watching them, they both looked every bit as lost as they did last season.  The three-pronged specter of suck was fully present: 1. swinging at bad pitches that weren't even close to the strike zone, 2. failing to swing at a lot of good pitches, 3. failing to do anything with good pitches after making contact (i.e. fouling them off or weakly hitting them to a defender).

This was characteristic of all of their plate appearances aside from the two walks, wherein all they had to do was wait for Kerry Wood to toss ball 4.

I don't know what the hell needs to be done, but something in their approach better change quickly.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

I don't know what the hell needs to be done, but something in their approach better change quickly.

fire Eckstein and they will instantly kick ass.

Offline spit

On a serious note, I am genuinely concerned about what we saw from LaRoche and Werth today.  It's just one day, so you can pretty much shrug off statistics for now, but watching them, they both looked every bit as lost as they did last season.  The three-pronged specter of suck was fully present: 1. swinging at bad pitches that weren't even close to the strike zone, 2. failing to swing at a lot of good pitches, 3. failing to do anything with good pitches after making contact (i.e. fouling them off or weakly hitting them to a defender).

This was characteristic of all of their plate appearances aside from the two walks, wherein all they had to do was wait for Kerry Wood to toss ball 4.

I could be reading too much into things, but I think pulling LaRoche for Tracy was kind of telling. I think it's Davey's way of saying he's had enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam is on a really short leash this year from DJ even if the FO wants to keep trotting him out there. We all know Davey's penchant for hairy-chested men who can swing the lumber. Adam is not one.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
fire Eckstein and they will instantly kick ass.

fire him out of a cannon right at laroach

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
(1) LaRoche looked awful. Maybe he needs to go to Syracuse on a rehab since he didn't get much game time in Florida.

(2) Werth looked better...I think he'll be OK

(3) Espinosa took two walks: great! Maybe the kid is learning

(4) Desmond still lets the ball play him, and suffers, but his hitting might be improving.

(5) Put Tracy at 1B.

Offline spit

(5) Put Tracy at 1B.

yeah this is what i'm saying. seriously, it was a mistake, just let it go. move on. no more 'showcasing', freak it. no need to drag the whole club down with him.