Author Topic: Time for the Dodgers to move back to Brooklyn?  (Read 5593 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I want one of those... want to see one in person first, though. Maybe I shouldn't sleep too long, hats like these tend to sell out.

Yeah, I bought a second one at the Team Store by Home Plate last week just to be safe.  I might have to pick up a third this weekend just to be safe.  I'm still on the fence on this one though:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
It's a black hat.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It's a black hat.

I know, I'm just cheap sometimes, though I always wanted a black hat with the MLB logo on the back.  This is from the same "Turn Back the Clock" series as the block W (Padres).  I'm just a fiend for fitted authentic hats. :D

Offline Kevrock

Ohh, sick. Didn't know the history and that it has the MLB logo.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Ohh, sick. Didn't know the history and that it has the MLB logo.

It's kind of ridiculous to pay $30 for a black hat but it's really bad ass.  I think I'm going to get this one too:

Offline houston-nat

It's gotten so bad that my favorite English newspaper has a special report on the Dodgers today. I'm enjoying the read just to see the UK perspective on baseball (they compare the Dodgers to Arrested Development), but this nugget surprised me:

"Among the people found to have been on the Dodgers' payroll is a Russian-born psychic whose sole job was to watch games on his television in the Boston suburbs and send out positive vibes so that they would win more often."

:shock:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/03/baseball-fans-dodgers-owner

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It's gotten so bad that my favorite English newspaper has a special report on the Dodgers today. I'm enjoying the read just to see the UK perspective on baseball (they compare the Dodgers to Arrested Development), but this nugget surprised me:

"Among the people found to have been on the Dodgers' payroll is a Russian-born psychic whose sole job was to watch games on his television in the Boston suburbs and send out positive vibes so that they would win more often."

:shock:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/03/baseball-fans-dodgers-owner

Yeah, I laughed about that when it come out during their divorce hearings.  What can you say - maroons with cash do stupid crap.  I mean, look at me and my shrine to Elliott Gould.

Offline Kevrock

It's kind of ridiculous to pay $30 for a black hat but it's really bad ass.  I think I'm going to get this one too:

(Image removed from quote.)

That hat is awesome.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Sswap teams: Muts to LA and Dodgers come home. Or build a new stadium about Coney Island and move the Dodgers back. Subways go there, the Belt Parkway passes, and the only problem is that Mayors Giuliani and Bloomberg gave the Yankees and Muts more than $1 Billion ()yes, "billion" with a 'b') EACH to build Yankee Stadium III and Shea II.

Meanwhile, NYC has cut $40 million from the city libraries. Probably more from the schools.

Most sensible deal? Muts to LA, get a fresh start. Dodgers come home...should never have left, really.