Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 46899 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #600: October 02, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
Observations  ...  As a Pirates fan in 1992, it brings me great joy to have the Bucs beat the Braves to get the Nats the NL East Championship.   If it could only have been to eliminate the Braves.    I couldn't watch the game at times.   I went up stairs, turned on the radio listened to C & D.   Came back downstairs and turned on the TV.   Dog thought I was nuts.   Let the dog out.   Turned off the TV, went back upstairs to listen to the radio  ...  "Pirates beat the Braves".   Ran back down to watch the postgame.    Great night  ...

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #601: October 02, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »

We still have two more games we can win.   

I think that would help a lot.

That would help a lot. It was bittersweet for me. I have lived in this area since I was 3 and have followed the baseball teams through all the losing. I can only remember the 1969 team winning and I saw 6 games that year. The following year they were gone. I really would have liked us to win last night and I am thinking that we saw the REAL Lannan last night and Rizzo is vindicated with choosing Detwiler over him. Of course  Det is also as inconsistent. I would leave the position players alone and tinker with the 'pen and adding one starter for next year.

Congrats to MASN who had great coverage of the post game celebration.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #602: October 02, 2012, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #603: October 02, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
Yes. Big congrats to MASN who did not go to commercial after the game ended for 20+ minutes. If they had, the MLB.tv feed would have ended for the night... Thus not allowing anyone to see the celebration.

Offline expos1994

« Reply #604: October 02, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
First of all... that was awesome. I live in Iowa and watch via MLB.tv on my xbox and they showed the entire post-game celebration and interviews. Something I won't soon forget (and hopefully will see 3 more times this year).

Secondly... there's no such thing as backing into the division title. They won 96 games and kept ahead of the Braves (no easy task). They were determined to take the division in the 2nd half and did everything they could. I hate the Braves with a passion... but hats off to them. We just won more games, and that's all that matters. They can now focus on the post-season and come out firing on all cylinders.

Thirdly... I want to say how proud I am of the DC fans. This was the best place for the Expos to go. A great baseball city with great fans that really needed this type of season to prove it to anyone who had doubts. I couldn't be happier that the Expos moved to Washington. The sting of the 1994 season has always lingered after all these years... but I feel that pain as a fan going away. Because here we are. NL EAST CHAMPIONS

Now on to the Series...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #605: October 02, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
Secondly... there's no such thing as backing into the division title. They won 96 games and kept ahead of the Braves (no easy task). They were determined to take the division in the 2nd half and did everything they could. I hate the Braves with a passion... but hats off to them. We just won more games, and that's all that matters.
Amen. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #606: October 02, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
[...]Thirdly... I want to say how proud I am of the DC fans. This was the best place for the Expos to go. A great baseball city with great fans that really needed this type of season to prove it to anyone who had doubts. I couldn't be happier that the Expos moved to Washington. The sting of the 1994 season has always lingered after all these years... but I feel that pain as a fan going away. Because here we are. NL EAST CHAMPIONS [...]

Last night and at other recent matchnights I've seen several people in Expos gear - in fact last night (since the temperature was dipping into the 60's) I myself wore an Expos sweat-shrit I had gotten at the team store at Stade Olympique on one of my several 1990's trips there.