Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96752 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #325: April 27, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
I see where you're coming from, I give this 50/50 odds of working, if it doesn't I'm out until the shanahi are gone, but I'm at the point where I don't go to games, buy their crap or watch them if a better game is on, so I've pretty much checked out already

It's definitely interesting. As I noted in another thread today, if you don't make the playoffs, people won't come in DC. Unless you are the Redskins. If ever there was a franchise in all of sports that crap on its fans, with Snyder freaking over people every chance he gets for money or to treat the team like his fantasy team when he knows nothing about football, and then the Shanahan on top of it... No franchise in sports should have an emptier stadium than the Skins at this point. Yet it remains an obsession in this area, and the media won't shut up about it, while the Nats can't give seats away even with Strasburg, and the Wizards are empty, and if the Caps didn't reach the playoffs for four or five years, even if they weren't awful, VC would be empty too... This area has such fairweather fans, yet the one team no one should support, the area still goes batcrap crazy for. Makes no sense to me at all, and I say that as a former fan that bled burgundy and gold for my entire life.