Author Topic: time to root for the braves...  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Dave B

time to root for the braves...
« Topic Start: September 02, 2005, 09:32:09 AM »
when they play other NL East teams.  

I'm really worried about Houston, because they have a weak schedule.
Need to root for the NL East when they play the stros, and hope the nats take care of their division opponents.

On another note, I dont think Ayalas pitch to jones was all that bad.  Might have went to the well one too many times with it, but it was high and pretty in.  If jones had bee able to fully get around on it and take it down the line, it would have been a bad pitch.  But he didnt and just muscled it out to left center.

This one was a double mind-f by the nationals.  I really thought they were going to lose when stanton faced 4 righties, but they got out of that somehow.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #1: September 02, 2005, 10:31:56 AM »
Houston has had a weak schedule all season, something like 2/3 of their games have been against teams with losing records. Inter-league play is nice for the fans, but it makes for unbalanced schedules, which is totally unfair to teams who face strong opposite league opponents.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #2: September 02, 2005, 04:05:31 PM »
How dare you? you should be ashamed of yourself. As a Nats fan, I have come to DESPISE the braves. I would rather they relocate the Nats to Las Vegas, have my eyes plucked out and eat spinach than EVER EVER EVER root for the braves.

Besides, arent we supposed to win the division :wink:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: September 02, 2005, 04:51:09 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
How dare you? you should be ashamed of yourself. As a Nats fan, I have come to DESPISE the braves. I would rather they relocate the Nats to Las Vegas, have my eyes plucked out and eat spinach than EVER EVER EVER root for the braves.

Besides, arent we supposed to win the division :wink:

With your UNQUOTED post appearing directly below mine, it appears as though I'm the one you are directing your message it. Please consider using the Quote button, or inserting the nick of whoever you are posting to, when posting a reply... Makes things less confusing.

Ok so, after reading Dave B's post and yours, and because we are chasing the Phillies, Astros, Marlins and Mets (in that order) for the wild card, you're saying we SHOULDN'T hope the Braves beat any of those when they play them?  Excuse me, but do you THINK at all before you reply?

Since the ONLY WAY for the Nats to win the Wild Card would be if the Braves (and other teams) BEAT the teams in front of us, you can bet your last dollar, that THIS NATS FAN is gonna root for whoever is playing teams in front of us, even if it means rooting for the Braves.

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: September 02, 2005, 05:21:32 PM »
Easy Ken, I'm sure he knows what's at stake.  I think he's just expressing the revulsion we all feel towards the chops, and having to hope that they win in order to better our chances of securing a wildcard spot. ;)

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #5: September 02, 2005, 06:58:13 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Easy Ken, I'm sure he knows what's at stake.  I think he's just expressing the revulsion we all feel towards the chops, and having to hope that they win in order to better our chances of securing a wildcard spot. ;)

My words exactly!! Glad, somebody on this forum gets me :lol: !! You dont understand I seriously get this sick feeling in my stomach everytime I even hear that name (Braves, eugh!!) but of course, I'm not stupid, if the Braves winning means we get into the playoffs than...umm...g..o..Br...i cant...go..Bra...Go BRAVES!! There I said it, GOD FORGIVE MY SOUL!! :oops:  :cry:

Online The Chief

« Reply #6: September 02, 2005, 07:11:53 PM »
In the name of the RFK, the Cordero, and the Jose Guillen, you are forgiven, a-basemen :lol:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: September 02, 2005, 07:18:49 PM »

What do you mean easy Ken? I wasn't arguing, all I was saying was that if anyone still holds any hope for the Nats winning the Wild Card, they will HAVE TO ROOT for other teams INCLUDING the Braves. No one here likes the Braves, I know I certainly don't, but facts are facts. If they aren't rooting for the Braves when they play the Mets next week. The Braves play the Mets and the Marlins 6 times  and the Phillies 7. Unless one of those three teams falls apart, I'm rotting for the Braves each time, no matter how much I hate em.

I'm sure as hell not gonna root for any team in front of us in the WC race, unless its the Braves, and even then ONLY when they are playing one of the teams ahead of us.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #8: September 03, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »
I fuggin hate the Braves.................

Online The Chief

« Reply #9: September 03, 2005, 01:10:49 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

I think I hate the Mets moreso

Mets
Phils-Braves (tossup)
Marlins

I hate particular players more than the entire teams anyway.  I can't stand Kenny Lofton or Pat Burrell, Cliff Floyd, Endy Chavez, Jose Reyes.  I'm sure there are others I'm neglecting :lol:

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #10: September 03, 2005, 02:45:13 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

I think I hate the Mets moreso

Mets
Phils-Braves (tossup)
Marlins

I hate particular players more than the entire teams anyway.  I can't stand Kenny Lofton or Pat Burrell, Cliff Floyd, Endy Chavez, Jose Reyes.  I'm sure there are others I'm neglecting :lol:

What a coincidence? I HATE HATE HATE Marcus Giles and Jeff Francoeur and Chipper Jones. I cant stand them!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #11: September 03, 2005, 07:11:12 PM »
I hate the the Braves most, the Mets next, but just barely more than the Marlins. The only thing I hate about the Phillies is Pat Burrell and their manager (Charlie Manuel)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #12: September 03, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »
I hate the Braves FANS a lot more than I hate the Braves TEAM.