Author Topic: Hey Everyone.  (Read 4709 times)

letsgonats91

Hey Everyone.
« Topic Start: July 09, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »
I'm the new guy around here. I just registered about 10 minutes ago.
Everything you need to know about me is in my profile.

Go Nats
Go 'Skins
Go Wizards

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #1: July 09, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »
Welcome letsgonats, glad you found us here :)

Nice avatar, btw.  I must admit I had to look it up!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #2: July 09, 2005, 06:20:02 PM »
Welcome aboard... may your stay be long and enjoyable...

Wow, last time I saw that flag was on television... It's the flag for Washington DC right?

letsgonats91

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #3: July 09, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
Right you are! My family has called Washington, D..C home for 5 generations. D.C. is a very special place to me. I'm kind of upset that I don't live there anymore now, but I plan on returing after or during college (If I'm accepted in a Washington college, Lord willing).

Mandy

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #4: July 14, 2005, 10:21:12 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I am new here too!  Just wanted to say hello!    :wink:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #5: July 14, 2005, 10:44:19 PM »
Welcome to the board Mandy... Have fun, post a lot, post a little, but post...

Sorry about Kelly...

Mandy

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #6: July 14, 2005, 10:52:51 PM »
Thanks Kenz aFan!!!

By the way...have you ever seen The Bad News Bears?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #7: July 14, 2005, 11:43:08 PM »
Quote from: "Mandy"
By the way...have you ever seen The Bad News Bears?

With Tatum O'Neal and Walter Matthau, yup... You'll have to forgive this slow old man, he doesn't remember every line in the movie...

Mandy

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #8: July 14, 2005, 11:50:29 PM »
That's ok!   :)

I made sure to make it a quote!

Offline The Chief

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #9: July 15, 2005, 03:37:13 AM »

A hearty welcome :)

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #10: July 16, 2005, 04:38:41 PM »
hey ya'll i am also new here.

Offline The Chief

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #11: July 16, 2005, 04:57:09 PM »
Quote from: "......"

Nice alias and a very complementary avatar to go with it :lol:

What should we call you for short? ;)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #12: July 16, 2005, 05:02:46 PM »

Seeing that you have no nickname, I would suggest that you quickly contact The Chief (site administrator) and have him help you get a nickname. Because with your six dot nick, many will think you have something to hide., whether you do or not...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #13: July 16, 2005, 06:46:23 PM »
Excuse my manners... I forgot to welcome you to the Forum... Have fun, and try and stay downwind if you pass gas...  :wink:

Hey Everyone.
« Reply #14: July 16, 2005, 07:58:13 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

Seeing that you have no nickname, I would suggest that you quickly contact The Chief (site administrator) and have him help you get a nickname. Because with your six dot nick, many will think you have something to hide., whether you do or not...

naw thats alright im good with my six dots.

go nats!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #15: July 16, 2005, 09:22:17 PM »
naw thats alright im good with my six dots.

Check out my avatars page, and scroll down a bit, you might like the QMark Man that's there

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #16: July 12, 2006, 03:25:01 PM »
Hey guys!  I'm brand new here on the forum.  

I know you Nats fans are going to think I'm nuts for hanging out here.  I am a lifelong resident of South Holland, IL, a southern suburb of Chicago, and have been a passionately devoted fan of the White Sox all my life.  (Hence my screen name and avatar).  

But I have a special place in my heart for the Washington Nationals.  As a true, die hard Sox fan, I pull for all the teams in the National leagues when they play the Cubs.  As a devotee of baseball history, I have always had a soft spot for the teams that were always "losers" and then ceased to exist (e.g. the St. Louis Browns and both versions of the Washington Senators) and in particular, the wayward and woeful Montreal Expos.  

Last year, the first year the Nats were in business, they had a hot start at the same time as the White Sox.  My Dad asked for my predictions for the World Series, and I said that my dream match up would be the White Sox vs. the Nationals.  He laughed at both predictions.  I'm still holding out that some day in the not so distant future, my Sox will be pounding on the Washington Nationals in the post season.  

So, here I am.  I'm an American Leaguer at heart, but I wish lots of success to the Washington franchise.  Baseball belongs in our nation's capital.  Having an NL team there helps set up a two league rivalry with the Orioles that could resemble what we have in Chi-town with the Sox vs Cubs.  Its just good for baseball.

Anything I need to know about your community, being an "outsider?"  

And, by the way -- "Gough Gough Nats!"

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #17: July 12, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum, soxfan59!  These must be the best of times for southsiders.  I commend the Tigers for their superb first half, but think the Sox will catch them in a month or two.  It should be a great race.

I think you'll find us to be a congenial but motley cross section of Nats fans - from Washington natives such as myself, to former 'spos fans, people who liked the story and became fans just last season, folks from foreign countries, just a mish mash of baseball fans.

This ain't no baseball royalty story, we need more fans, can't afford to be too choosy.  A large number of Nats fans are from other cities, and many have other teams that are their first love.  Like you, they may root for the Nats cause they wanted a National League team to follow, and liked our story.  Whatever their background or reason for being interested, they are welcome.

This board has been perking up lately, fueled partly by excessive trolling on the MLB site, and partly cause we have a great game thread and the software itself allows for posting pictures, or other graphic images, allowing more creativity.  Plus this board is moderated to keep things reasonably civil and preclude sinister attacks.   So we have some things that are unique to this small community, hope you enjoy it.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hey Everyone.
« Reply #18: July 23, 2006, 10:50:49 PM »

Hi Mandy, Where did you get your Avatar (Snoopy).  I love Peanuts and Baseball.  Several Years ago they had an exhibit at the Baseball Hall of Fame on Peanuts and Baseball.  Lots of Comics and Collectibles.  Lots of Fun!

Ever see You're a Good Man Charlie Brown?  I did when I was younger and it was fantastic!