Author Topic: Ok, who was it?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Ok, who was it?
« Reply #25: October 19, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
true, good point.  i just think the whole hitler vid is tired.  again i thought the burnett one was hilarious.

[politically correct poster] ohhhhhh hitler discussion should be in uncensored [/politically correct poster]

PANANatsFan is going to report you.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #26: October 19, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
FAIL.

just like the nats season.

stupid.
Agree: Fail

Hitler goes from not knowing the Nats lost to know details about DeScalso, Koxma and 2 strikes on Molina.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #27: October 19, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »
I caught that as well but suspended disbelief long enough to be entertained.

I guess that's the difference between me and a lot of posters on here :lmao:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #28: October 19, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
It probably helps that Downfall/Untergang is one of my favourite movies, but this just never gets old  :lmao:

Bruno Ganz was awesome.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #29: October 19, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »
FAIL.

stupid.

FAIL

stupid.

Man that was the easiest one I had ever too.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: October 19, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »
The problem with the video is that Hitler is shocked the Nats lost, but then clearly knows the details of the ending (2 strikes to Molina, Descalso and Kozma doing the damage).   Might have been better if the clueless guy explaining how to get to SF had said something about we can even see the Nationals in the playoffs, and then Hitler can chew his butt off.

Right, it was terribly done if you try to follow the logic.  I was disappointed once I listened to it, it could have been much better.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #31: October 20, 2012, 01:17:26 AM »
I am so glad that I don't share a skull with some of you pedants  :rofl:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #32: October 20, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
That's the best example he could come up with?  What about the Ravens?

What about them? He's a Skins fan. He lives nowhere near Baltimore.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #33: October 20, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
The thing is, it is such a simple edit that could save the whole thing if he just changes it from Hitler not knowing the Cards advanced to the stooge not knowing it.  The fellow could edit it in a few minutes and it would be a classic.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: October 20, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
The thing is, it is such a simple edit that could save the whole thing if he just changes it from Hitler not knowing the Cards advanced to the stooge not knowing it.  The fellow could edit it in a few minutes and it would be a classic.

nats fans don't even know how to hold a proper meltdown.

just curse a lot, don't watch baseball until next season and call out the crappy players on the team who really stunk (it's pretty obvious who they are).

oh and as linty said don't say nice things like "oh it was still a fun season" or "oh we still won the NL East", etc.

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #35: October 20, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »

just curse a lot, don't watch baseball until next season and call out the crappy players on the team who really stunk (it's pretty obvious who they are).

oh and as linty said don't say nice things like "oh it was still a fun season" or "oh we still won the NL East", etc.

You know, we haven't got to the point where any season that doesn't end in a world championship is a catastrophic failure.
If you asked most Nats fans in April if they would have a season where we would not only win our division, but the best record
in baseball, but the only catch would be that we would lose the first round of the playoffs, they would take it.

Yes, the ending was freaking lousy---but it was still a great season.

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #36: October 20, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
I do. I tell them everything that makes sense... but they're to ignorant to care. "You grew up with them so you left them!"

One did make a good comparison though. They said if you were a fan of the "Maryland Terrapins" your whole life but then some major college team opened up 3 minutes from you, would you ditch the Terps.

I get that comparison, but it's all dumb since I didn't care for the O's much when I was little anyway. I think I watched more Marlins games than I did Orioles games when I was little. Gary Sheffield was a boss.

Not a good example because College Park (to the chagrin of Baltimoreans) is in the WASHINGTON area. There won't be another major university opening up in Rockville or Bethesda, and driving down to Byrd Stadium isn't too bad. A better question would be how would they feel if there was a chance for major university to start an NCAA football program in Baltimore, with ALL of their games at M&T Bank Park, but the University of Maryland was blocking it? How would THAT make you feel about the Terps?

(That being said, it annoys me to no end, that while Maryland always plays one game in Baltimore, they don't even CONSIDER using FedEx for one or maybe ALL of the Terps games. If the Terps could sell out FedEx Field, Maryland would quickly become a contender for a BCS bowl.)

I have no problem with the Ravens. The Ravens didn't keep Washington from getting an NFL team for a third of a century. If the Orioles had acted the way they did, I would say that I feel the same way about the Ravens the way Washington sports fans SHOULD feel about the Orioles.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #37: October 20, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

Ok. Who wants to start the "who is our a-rod?" thread? 

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #38: October 21, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »
Poor Hitler.

Hes always hit with bad news and hasnt learnt to react calmly.

Brilliant dialogue, love the Strasburg bits!

Roll on 2013!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #39: October 21, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
So why do we have to be so negative and view everything as a meltdown ?  That's the crybaby's perspective.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #40: October 21, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
So why do we have to be so negative and view everything as a meltdown ?  That's the crybaby's perspective.

what time do we play tonight?

oh that's right.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #41: October 21, 2012, 11:50:43 AM »
:lmao:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #42: October 21, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #43: October 22, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

The Washington Nationals had an extremely fun season with increase attendance and ratings that matched the improved product on the field, a product that won the NL-East and set up the franchise to be highly competitive over the next few seasons. The end wasn't as we hoped, but we had a positive season. A huge step forward and the franchise continues trending in a positive fashion.

I don't buy into the notion that 29 fan bases should eat a bullet at the end of the season.

Offline WerthHisWeight

« Reply #44: October 22, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
The Washington Nationals had an extremely fun season with increase attendance and ratings that matched the improved product on the field, a product that won the NL-East and set up the franchise to be highly competitive over the next few seasons. The end wasn't as we hoped, but we had a positive season. A huge step forward and the franchise continues trending in a positive fashion.

I don't buy into the notion that 29 fan bases should eat a bullet at the end of the season.

This looks right to me.  The point at which we become as spoiled as Yankee fans (Ha ha for this year) is the point I start looking for a more interesting team.  Can't win 'em all, but the Nats won a lot and look to win a lot more.  I'm OK wiht that.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #45: October 22, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
damn i didnt realize it was 2007

Offline spidernat

« Reply #46: October 23, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
The point at which we become as spoiled as Yankee fans (Ha ha for this year) is the point I start looking for a more interesting team. 

idiot   :crazy:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #47: October 23, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »
idiot   :crazy:

You may think so, but there's merit to it - speaking as an EX-Yankee fan.

Offline RL04

« Reply #48: November 01, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »
the sean burnett/nyjer morgan vid was better than this one.

:icon_question:

Link?