Author Topic: Why is Mike Bacsik still on this team?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Why is Mike Bacsik still on this team?
« Reply #25: June 27, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »
Bacsik has a 5.08 era after 4 starts. It seems to me expectations for this team have been elevated on this forum.  That is a good thing for the team, but tough on the players.

Try 8 starts, not 4. Just because he had ONE good start doesn't mean the Nats should be giving him more than he deserves, especially since, he keep blowing the extra chances he keeps getting. It's time try someone else. As for accusing fans of having elevated expectations, you're not even close. Fans don't have elevated expectation, they do however, expect a major league starting picture to at least show improvement or some kind of reasonable consistency. Bacsik hasn't done either.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #26: June 27, 2007, 07:29:50 PM »
Seems like a nice guy, but we don't have room for him in the majors, at AA, or AAA. Sorry Bacsik, I think the chance promised to you by Bowden has been given. Best of luck.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #27: June 28, 2007, 12:51:33 AM »
Mikehughes, I've been meaning to ask you.  Who is Mike Hughes?  Or are you combining Mike Bacsik and Travis Hughes?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: June 28, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »
Mikehughes, I've been meaning to ask you.  Who is Mike Hughes?  Or are you combining Mike Bacsik and Travis Hughes?

LOL I never thought of that but that has to be it because he said Travis Hughes was one of his favorites.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #29: June 29, 2007, 12:57:25 AM »

My real name is Micheal but I go more by Mike. I tend to like players who have the same name as me, I dont know why but I do. Same reason I like Mike O Connor. And since this is a favorite team of mine I just pick guys on the team who have part of my name. Noone on team has my middle name yet.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #30: June 29, 2007, 01:39:06 AM »
My real name is Micheal but I go more by Mike. I tend to like players who have the same name as me, I dont know why but I do. Same reason I like Mike O Connor. And since this is a favorite team of mine I just pick guys on the team who have part of my name. Noone on team has my middle name yet.

So you're combining Mike with Travis Hughes?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #31: June 29, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »

:rofl:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #32: June 29, 2007, 10:00:08 AM »
they do however, expect a major league starting picture to at least show improvement or some kind of reasonable consistency. Bacsik hasn't done either.

Yeah, it is very common for some guy that the other teams don't know to come out and look effective, especially when he has a different delivery or some other uncommon characteristic. (e.g. Bacsik as lefty relying on really offspeed stuff.) Too often a guy comes in, either a career minor league guy like Bacsik or a callup like Beltran Perez, and has one or two effective outings, and people feel like some gem has been unearthed. But with start after start, Bacsik has been less effective or has stagnated. What you want to see is someone like Chico who takes something away from each experience and trends upward.

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #33: June 29, 2007, 11:09:33 AM »

How am I doing that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #34: June 29, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
How am I doing that?

I would guess, they're trying to figure out what or who the "hughes" part of your nickname relates to.