Author Topic: 3/6/09 Unofficial Game Thread: Nationals @ Orioles  (Read 6378 times)

Offline hammondsnats

stranded opportunity.  thank god most of these guys aren't making the club.

great grab by roger, please keep him over kearns.

c'mon d-cab sit down b-rob.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
That was equal to the famous Nook Logan catch. I'm think WMP will be cut later today.

Offline sportsfan882

you guys are insane. Bernadina is a freaking stud!

Offline PANatsFan

you guys are insane. Bernadina is a freaking stud! (Image removed from quote.)

He's still a slap hitter - but a defense guy like that is worth infinitely more on the bench than that putz WMP

Offline hammondsnats

that's laughable.

I bet Bernadina has led all Nationals in extra base hits this Spring. But, but he has no power and only gets broken bat singles........ Brandon Watson Clone  :panic:

dude you got a hard on ... he batted .211 with 21 k's in 76 at bats.  we're all rooting for him and i said i think he should make the club.  i understand it was his first big league experience, but .211 with 21 k's isn't great.

Offline sportsfan882

He's still a slap hitter - but a defense guy like that is worth infinitely more on the bench than that putz WMP
He's not a freaking slap hitter. People look at him and his body type and make generalizations. They would be dead wrong.

Offline UMDNats

dude you got a hard on ... he batted .211 with 21 k's in 76 at bats.  we're all rooting for him and i said i think he should make the club.  i understand it was his first big league experience, but .211 with 21 k's isn't great.

to be fair, his first call-up was awful, but his second one was much better

Offline hammondsnats

markakis is gonna pwn d-cab here damnit.

Offline PANatsFan

He's not a freaking slap hitter. People look at him and his body type and make generalizations. They would be dead wrong.

Would you call that double today a bloop down the line or a no doubter? It rolled far enough for a burner like Roger to make it to second.

Offline sportsfan882

Cabrera just serving it up on a tee for Adam Jones who is god awful.

His fastball has been between 89-92 all game. freak, we might as well put Clippard out there if we want an erratic righty who tops out at 90. 

The days of Cabrera throwing in the upper 90s are over.

Offline PANatsFan

Who will rack up more walks? Cabrera or Dunn?

Offline hammondsnats

i can't listen to jim hunter

Offline hammondsnats

nasty pitch by d-cab to sit down markakis

and why is masn showing a surfer dude, weird way to go to break haha

Offline sportsfan882

Nice swing $66 Million dollar man.

Offline hammondsnats

Nice swing $66 Million dollar man.

hahahaha

Offline sportsfan882

Would you call that double today a bloop down the line or a no doubter? It rolled far enough for a burner like Roger to make it to second.
A double is a double is a double. He hits for extra base hits frequently. That indicates power. No, he doesn't hit 50 HRs but he gets a lot of Doubles and Triples and even some HRs. You don't have to hit 40 HRs to have a high SLG PCT.

Offline BerkeleyNat

the only reference made to the nationals that 1/2 inning was "nationals lost 102 games, most in majors"

tools

Yeah, I loved that little dig by the O's announcers. They didn't make that big of a deal out of Bernadina's catch either. They quickly moved on to something else.

Offline UMDNats

anyone know if the nats are playing? haven't heard the announcers mentioned the o's opposition

Offline hammondsnats

aLOLex cintron

Offline UMDNats

THEY JUST SKIPPED A BATTER TO HAVE A CAMERA ON A MANAGER

wow masn, wow.

Offline BerkeleyNat

Casto still hitting those weak grounders back to the mound. That drove me up the wall last season.

Offline PANatsFan

A double is a double is a double. He hits for extra base hits frequently. That indicates power. No, he doesn't hit 50 HRs but he gets a lot of Doubles and Triples and even some HRs. You don't have to hit 40 HRs to have a high SLG PCT.

His doubles are often singles for a slower guy. That's NOT power, it's speed. The result is the same, but that dude is NOT a slugger.

Offline hammondsnats

FLY BALL ... CAUGHT

1-1, bottom 3rd

hopefully d-cab can close out this outing on a positive note, but i doubt it

Offline sportsfan882

His doubles are often singles for a slower guy. That's NOT power, it's speed. The result is the same, but that dude is NOT a slugger.
That's just not true. His stats from last year and so far this Spring indicate otherwise.

Last year in AA he slugged .474 over 266 ABs (11 Doubles, 7 Triples, 5 HRs)

After getting promoted to AAA he slugged .513 over 191 ABs (13 Doubles, 3 Triples, 4 HRs)

Offline hammondsnats

detwiler in ... c'mon kid.