Author Topic: Fruto and Balester selected for the Futures Game  (Read 1750 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
According to the NFA site, which is tracking the selections, Balester was one of the first names selected for the US roster and Fruto was selected for the World roster.

Offline mikehughes

Now than, who goes to the All Star Game for the Nats?
Young,Guz,Zim,or Colome?

And why didnt Daniels,Maxwell, or Marrero make it?
They seem to all be doing great.

Offline UMDNats

Well, Marrero, Maxwell, and Daniels are all only in A ball. I don't think they'll put someone in the futures game in A ball.

For the Nats the all-star choice is very easy. Dmitri is the only logical choice, other than maybe Colome.

Offline shoeshineboy

For the Nats the all-star choice is very easy. Dmitri is the only logical choice, other than maybe Colome.

Yeah, it seems like Young all the way at this point unless Colome really turns around from his recent issues and makes a charge. Zimmerman shouldn't even be on the list for consideration.

Offline ronnynat

Yeah, it seems like Young all the way at this point unless Colome really turns around from his recent issues and makes a charge. Zimmerman shouldn't even be on the list for consideration.

Colome, even though he's great, would only make it if we didn't have anyone playing all-star caliber baseball. Dmitri should make it if he keeps it up. Colome would be our pity pick from the league. The Royals always get the pity picks in the AL

Offline shoeshineboy

Colome, even though he's great, would only make it if we didn't have anyone playing all-star caliber baseball. Dmitri should make it if he keeps it up. Colome would be our pity pick from the league. The Royals always get the pity picks in the AL

I think the main reason that Colome is mentioned as a possibility is because pitchers are picked by LaRussa, and because at least one National has to go, he may choose a pitcher instead of an extra stick. That being said, I would still think Colome would be a long shot regardless, because typically the pitchers taken are either top starters or closers as they all become relievers except whoever starts. It is hard to imagine a middle-relief/setup guy ever getting taken. I really just want Dmitri to be selected. No one is more deserving, and no one else is really deserving at all.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
When is this game?  I'm assuming MLB.TV should cover it.

Offline mikehughes

Its on during the All Star Break.

Offline UMDNats

Day before the all-star game I think. ESPN 2 usually covers it.