Author Topic: The Cubs just *****-slapped John Maine...  (Read 1656 times)

Offline PC

The Cubs just *****-slapped John Maine...
« Topic Start: August 04, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
...in his first start after his one-hitter against the Nationals.

They have driven him out of the game in the 3rd after scoring six.  :clap:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: The Cubs just *****-slapped John Maine...
« Reply #1: August 04, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »
I love watching the Mets lose. Or the Phillies. Or the Braves. The Marlins are never on TV.

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #2: August 05, 2007, 12:05:05 AM »
I love watching the Mets lose. Or the Phillies. Or the Braves. The Marlins are never on TV.
What is wrong with you people?  It is the CUBS that are the most fun to watch lose.  They have the most ignorant, self absorbed fans in baseball.  Hate the Mets all you want, but the Cubs are the truly evil and intolerable team in baseball.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: August 05, 2007, 01:32:57 AM »
What is wrong with you people?  It is the CUBS that are the most fun to watch lose.  They have the most ignorant, self absorbed fans in baseball.  Hate the Mets all you want, but the Cubs are the truly evil and intolerable team in baseball.

Sorry soxfan, but the Cubs are my second-favorite team.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #4: August 05, 2007, 01:56:46 AM »
2k6nats likes the Cubs, NoSpin likes the Cardinals, I love the Yanks. It would be interesting to see how many of us have "dual loyalties", altho I speak for myself when I say it's the Nats over all else.(And at least I went to the junior circuit for my "other" love. :))

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #5: August 05, 2007, 04:28:08 AM »
Oh, my team is the Nats, and no other team comes close.  However, the Cubs are my second favorite team by far.

Offline soxfan59

• John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #6: August 05, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »
Oh, my team is the Nats, and no other team comes close.  However, the Cubs are my second favorite team by far.
Why? 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #7: August 05, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »
Why? 

No real logic behind it, just like the Cubs players, and the ballpark (as cat-infested as it may be :lol:)

Offline soxfan59

• John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #8: August 06, 2007, 09:15:47 AM »
No real logic behind it, just like the Cubs players, and the ballpark (as cat-infested as it may be :lol:)
Have you ever attended a game at Wrigley Field?  Within the last, say, 5 years? 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: August 06, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »

Your Chicago bias is showing! I watch NL East teams lose so I can enjoy the Nats gaining ground. The Phillies, Mets, Marlins, and Braves are the real enemies, unless we are in a wild card race.

Offline soxfan59

• John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #10: August 06, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »
Your Chicago bias is showing! I watch NL East teams lose so I can enjoy the Nats gaining ground. The Phillies, Mets, Marlins, and Braves are the real enemies, unless we are in a wild card race.
Well, of course my Chicago bias is showing, its all I have.

I know that tried and true Nats fans care little about the Cubs unless the Nats are playing them, or unless the Cubs can defeat a hated division rival, BUT, I would still argue that once you take an educated and objective look at the Cubs, they are the sorriest organization in baseball and have probably the most ignorant, self absorbed fans.  And yes, my bias is colored by spending the last half century living in Chicago and putting up with it.  Regardless, I am always actively recruiting members of the Chicago Underground Baseball Society Seeking Understanding (and) Coveting Knowledge, whose membership hates everything that is "Cubbish." 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #11: August 06, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
Well the disgusting spending spree by the Cubs was bad, and now they are hamstrung by cheap-o new owners, so year is their only chance. Take heart!

Offline soxfan59

• John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #12: August 06, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
Well the disgusting spending spree by the Cubs was bad, and now they are hamstrung by cheap-o new owners, so year is their only chance. Take heart!
Well, actually, the Cubs have no new owners yet.  The Tribune spent the money to try and build a contender and deeper fan interest to boost the ultimate cost of the team.  There are folks in these parts that think the Cubs could fetch as much as a billion. 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #13: August 06, 2007, 11:44:43 AM »
Well, actually, the Cubs have no new owners yet.  The Tribune spent the money to try and build a contender and deeper fan interest to boost the ultimate cost of the team.  There are folks in these parts that think the Cubs could fetch as much as a billion. 

Well it's the new Tribune owners that are holding them back right? I thought 1 guy ended up with the whole package.

Offline soxfan59

• John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #14: August 06, 2007, 03:51:45 PM »
Well it's the new Tribune owners that are holding them back right? I thought 1 guy ended up with the whole package.

Yes, the new Tribune owners are making it more difficult. 

There is purportedly a coalition of local Chicago big shot business guys who are putting together a bid to buy the Cubs.  Most of them are rester aunt/nightclub owners and tycoon types. 

One of the sticking points in any sale of the Cubs is the status of Wrigley Field.  The Tribune Co. has indicated they might sell the Cubs but keep ownership of the ballpark and lease it to the Cubs.  The problem is -- Wrigley Field is what sells the Cubs, so any separation of the two entities has to be bad for the future of the franchise.