Author Topic: Florida's Ownage of us is Ridiculous.  (Read 2553 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Florida's Ownage of us is Ridiculous.
« Reply #25: May 11, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »
I'd take Wright over Zimmerman at this point, too. Why the hell not?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #26: May 11, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Zimmerman fan and think he'll be an All-Star for years to come but hitters as great as Hanley Ramirez just don't come along every day.  He is ridiculous. 

Yeah, look at all the young studs that are producing at the Major League level for the fish: Hanley, Jacobs, Hermida, Uggla, Willingham, Olsen, Miller, Nolasco, etc.

Our younger guys have under-performed greatly (ie: Milledge, Kearns, Dukes, Zimmerman, Pena, etc).

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #27: May 11, 2008, 09:30:49 PM »
The Marlins have had over a decade of fire sales of their stars to stockpile young talent - the Marlins constantly reload because they can - the Marlins have depth at every position - for crying out loud - they got SIX players for Cabrerra and Willis - the Nats have not had that luxury or time - the Nats have no depth - they are not in the same position as the Marlins. People need to get over the notion that the Marlins suck - the talking heads were utterly wrong AGAIN about them  -- if the Nats had been swept by Boston would everyone be freaking out the same? I think not --the Marlins have the best record in baseball right now - no one is playing better -- that doesn't mean the Nats as an organization is a disaster or that all the Nats players are total flops - and that includes Zimmerman -- losing sux - I get that - but seriously, people need to relax ...

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #28: May 11, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
I'd take Wright over Zimmerman at this point, too. Why the hell not?

heck, why don't you take jorge cantu over zimmerman too?!! why the hell not?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #29: May 11, 2008, 09:34:51 PM »
The Marlins have had over a decade of fire sales of their stars to stockpile young talent - the Marlins constantly reload because they can - the Marlins have depth at every position - for crying out loud - they got SIX players for Cabrerra and Willis - the Nats have not had that luxury or time - the Nats have no depth - they are not in the same position as the Marlins. People need to get over the notion that the Marlins suck - the talking heads were utterly wrong AGAIN about them  -- if the Nats had been swept by Arizona would everyone be freaking out the same? I think not --the Marlins have the best record in baseball right now - no one is playing better -- that doesn't mean the Nats as an organization is a disaster or that all the Nats players are total flops - and that includes Zimmerman -- losing sux - I get that - but seriously, people need to relax ...

The Marlins had their last firesale in 2003 after their most recent WS win. I understand they had depth before that, but come on, that's only one or two years before us. And their young guys are just as young as ours (with the exceptions of our guys in A and AA, of course). My point is that the Marlins players are PRODUCING, while ours are making excuses.

And  I don't think the organization is a disaster - I completely agree with the mentality of our FO and owner. And I don't think Zimmerman sucks. I just wish he'd start playing like the damn superstar he thinks he is (I'm sure he's never said that, but you know how this organization views him, as well as the fans.)

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #30: May 11, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »

While Wright has much more protection in the lineup, I think Wright's better, too. Wright's a solid hitter and he's good defensively.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #31: May 11, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »

Absolutely, because Cantu = Wright, right? Go play w/ your dolls, little girl.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #32: May 11, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »
While Wright has much more protection in the lineup, I think Wright's better, too. Wright's a solid hitter and he's good defensively.

And he's a baserunning threat. That's always a plus.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #33: May 11, 2008, 09:55:05 PM »
I think you will only find a handful here that would take Zimmerman over Wright or Ramirez. I would swap for either one in a heartbeat.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #34: May 11, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »

The Marlins had their last firesale in 2003 after their most recent WS win. I understand they had depth before that, but come on, that's only one or two years before us. And their young guys are just as young as ours (with the exceptions of our guys in A and AA, of course). My point is that the Marlins players are PRODUCING, while ours are making excuses.

And  I don't think the organization is a disaster - I completely agree with the mentality of our FO and owner. And I don't think Zimmerman sucks. I just wish he'd start playing like the damn superstar he thinks he is (I'm sure he's never said that, but you know how this organization views him, as well as the fans.)

The situation with the Marlins is completely different than the Nats -- Rizzo and Kasten have for all intents and purposes conducted TWO drafts so far -- and none of those draftees are in the majors at this point - we have no idea what kind of talent this organization has - and we're not going to know until they are called up -- What happened with the organization and prospects when MLB owned the team is not relevent -- and it's makes no sense whatsoever to compare the Marlins talent in the bigs now to the Nats talent - The Marlins have had one of the best farm systems in baseball for years -the franchises are in two completely different places right now ... the Nats are basically an expansion team - they do not compare to anyone right now ...

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #35: May 11, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »
I think you will only find a handful here that would take Zimmerman over Wright or Ramirez. I would swap for either one in a heartbeat.

I think we both believe in being loyal to the team instead of individual players. I don't know how people can see it any other way.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #36: May 11, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »

I can't imagine there is a baseball fan on the planet that wouldn't trade Zimmerman straight up for either Wright or Ramirez. That's a no-brainer. I don't see how any person could be objective and not say that. Does anyone actually believe that anyone associated with the Mets or Marlins (or any other team for that matter) would even consider trading Wright or Ramirez for Zimmerman? Please.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #37: May 11, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
I can't imagine there is a baseball fan on the planet that wouldn't trade Zimmerman straight up for either Wright or Ramirez. That's a no-brainer. I don't see how any person could be objective and not say that. Does anyone actually believe that anyone associated with the Mets or Marlins (or any other team for that matter) would even consider trading Wright or Ramirez for Zimmerman? Please.

I don't think JB would do it, though, even if it was offered to him. Really, I don't. :?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #38: May 11, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
I' despise david wright - he's a choking dog - that aside, he's a better hitter than Zim, but not a better fielder - but since we're playing fantasty baseball - I'd take Vlad Guerrero over Millege, I'd take Franceur over Kearns, I'd take Beckett over Lannan, I'd take Brandon Webb over Hill, I'll take Mauer over LoDuca, I'll take Pujols over Johnson, I'll take Ramirez over Guzman and I'll take Roberts over Lopez ... yeah ... that should just about do it ...

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #39: May 11, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »
I'd take Franceur over Kearns

That's the best you could come up with? :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #40: May 11, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »

Exactly. Don't see it from out point of view. See it from the other team's perspective. There is no way anyone in those organizations would swap their player for Zimmerman right now.

I don't think JB would do it, though, even if it was offered to him. Really, I don't. :?

:?

I' despise david wright - he's a choking dog - that aside, he's a better hitter than Zim, but not a better fielder - but since we're playing fantasty baseball - I'd take Vlad Guerrero over Millege, I'd take Franceur over Kearns, I'd take Beckett over Lannan, I'd take Brandon Webb over Hill, I'll take Mauer over LoDuca, I'll take Pujols over Johnson, I'll take Ramirez over Guzman and I'll take Roberts over Lopez ... yeah ... that should just about do it ...

Talk about hyperbole! Give it a rest wpa :? :?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #41: May 11, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
Exactly. Don't see it from out point of view. See it from the other team's perspective. There is no way anyone in those organizations would swap their player for Zimmerman right now.

:?

Talk about hyperbole! Give it a rest wpa :? :?

Please, spare me - people on this thread are talking about taking David Wright or Hanley Ramirez in a swap for Zim that will NEVER happen -- my post wasn't any crazier than any of that other talk

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #42: May 11, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »
That's the best you could come up with? :lol:

meh ... just banter off the top of my head

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #43: May 11, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
Woah, woah, woah. Who ever said I was throwing out TRADE ideas? I was saying Wright's better than Zimmerman, because some believe it's the other way around. I don't get how you can seriously think I propsed we TRADE them! I'm not stupid/high

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #44: May 11, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »
These aren't proposed trades. It is simply the necessary hypothetical comparison to counteract the delusion that Zimmerman is a better than Wright or Ramirez.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #45: May 11, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
These aren't proposed trades. It is simply the necessary hypothetical comparison to counteract the delusion that Zimmerman is a better than Wright or Ramirez.

Nice!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #46: May 11, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

As much as I loathe david wright - he is certainly much further along than Zim is at this point - or will Zim will ever be ... who knows -- and Ramirez is an absolute beast -- the Marlins will fire sale Ramirez in a couple of years for 150 prospects and david wright is entrenched in metland for the next 100 years - and as you so aptly said - neither of those teams would even consider trading them straight up for Zim ... but ah ... the fantasy implications are delightful to contemplate ... :)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #47: May 12, 2008, 12:23:20 AM »
Woah, woah, woah. Who ever said I was throwing out TRADE ideas? I was saying Wright's better than Zimmerman, because some believe it's the other way around. I don't get how you can seriously think I propsed we TRADE them! I'm not stupid/high

QFT

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #48: May 12, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »
If Zimmerman were hitting he's be an all star. We should seriously look at a hitting coach.

It's not just the players. My guess is if you brought Wright to Washington and sent Zimm to the Mets, their batting averages would converge over the course of a year and probably trend away from each other (Wright down, Zimm up) in the following year.

We've seen this experiment once already this year.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #49: May 12, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »
I remember when everyone was calling for Mitchell Paige's head and Lenny Harris was a god.  Maybe we just have a crappy bunch of hitters.