Author Topic: Gameday Protocol Discussion  (Read 10768 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Gameday Protocol Discussion
« Reply #75: May 03, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
what you said would make sense but I don't know if 2k6 will allow it. :?

That's fine, if that's what people want.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #76: May 03, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
That's fine, if that's what people want.

I agree with this, but I just don't see why anyone cares.  Is there some special prestige to creating the gameday threads?  Do you lose something if 2k6 comes along and merges your thread later on?  Should we just do raffles for who gets to create the threads?  I guess I just don't see what the big deal is.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #77: May 03, 2009, 10:54:20 PM »
I agree with this, but I just don't see why anyone cares.  Is there some special prestige to creating the gameday threads?  Do you lose something if 2k6 comes along and merges your thread later on?  Should we just do raffles for who gets to create the threads?  I guess I just don't see what the big deal is.
ask 2k6. he's the one who is obsessed with making sure he is the only one doing the threads. he has deleted n2p and a few others' threads this season that were created first. :?

as long as the threads are made on time I don't care who makes them.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #78: May 03, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »
ask 2k6. he's the one who is obsessed with making sure he is the only one doing the threads. he has deleted n2p and a few others' threads this season that were created first. :?

as long as the threads are made on time I don't care who makes them.

So do you care who creates them or don't you?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #79: May 03, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
So do you care who creates them or don't you?
no but I don't understand why he has to delete other people's threads if they make them first. If it were up to me we would alternate game thread makers every time the team loses a game but whatever.

it's fine now. this really is much to do over nothing.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #80: May 03, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »

The specific incident you're referring to was because his GD thread was more of a joke thread (AKA lineups including Vinny Castilla, etc.)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #81: May 04, 2009, 03:43:38 AM »
Till the next day noon.  I can't always read the threads straight away, though I like to read them all.  The next day's thread doesn't get going until mid-late afternoon, so why not let folks comment on the previous night's game for a while?

Exactly!

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #82: May 04, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
So does anyone have constructive feedback instead of just smartass remarks?  I made a suggestion.  Serious opinions or alternative suggestions would be a step in the right direction.

I don't see a need to lock the threads.  Phil is right, it's just a message board. :icon_mrgreen:

Baseball historians will not be sifting thru these threads years from now mining some heretofor unknown perspectives that were somehow overlooked. (says I with no malice or ill will towards any of my fellow earth travelers :thumbs: )

Offline The Chief

« Reply #83: May 04, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »

Exactly!
I don't see a need to lock the threads.  Phil is right, it's just a message board. :icon_mrgreen:

Baseball historians will not be sifting thru these threads years from now mining some heretofor unknown perspectives that were somehow overlooked. (says I with no malice or ill will towards any of my fellow earth travelers :thumbs: )

AHEM

I don't care if you call me OCD or not, game threads get locked
How about we'll leave game threads unlocked until the first pitch of the following day's game or 7PM on travel days?
So does anyone have constructive feedback instead of just smartass remarks?  I made a suggestion.  Serious opinions or alternative suggestions would be a step in the right direction.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #84: May 04, 2009, 08:50:49 AM »
AHEM

You asked for feedback so I gave my perspective.  I don't really care if  people want my "view from ..." in a seperate thread or in the gamdeay thread.  I just find the rationale for locking the gameday threads amusing.  So whatever you guys decide is fine with me. I've got too many other pressing things going on in my life to get exorcised about this.  ;)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #85: May 04, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
You asked for feedback so I gave my perspective.  I don't really care if  people want my "view from ..." in a seperate thread or in the gamdeay thread.  I just find the rationale for locking the gameday threads amusing.  So whatever you guys decide is fine with me. I've got too many other pressing things going on in my life to get exorcised about this.  ;)

Okie doke.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #86: May 04, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
While DCFan's opinion is duly noted, threads just aren't going to be left open permanently for reasons I've already detailed.  I'm more than willing to consider other suggestions if anyone has some, otherwise I'm just going to run with the idea I posted above (open until first pitch next game or 7pm the next day).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #87: May 04, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #88: May 04, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »
ask 2k6. he's the one who is obsessed with making sure he is the only one doing the threads. 

I think both of you have become obsessed with this issue, 2K6 because he feels it is his department and SF because he really believes it affects the outcome of the game (like the bullpen would be lights out if only 2K6 didn't insist on starting the game thread  :?). Maybe this has just become a reason for the two of them to spar against each other. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #89: May 04, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
I think both of you have become obsessed with this issue, 2K6 because he feels it is his department and SF because he really believes it affects the outcome of the game (like the bullpen would be lights out if only 2K6 didn't insist on starting the game thread  :?). Maybe this has just become a reason for the two of them to spar against each other.  (Image removed from quote.)

Yea, its even going to my brother now. Why give him something else to act full of himself with this whole 2-0 gameday stuff

MrMadison

« Reply #90: May 04, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
what a whiny thread.

stop with the nagassness people.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #91: May 04, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
Attention Everyone:

I'm done posting the Gameday threads.  For what it's worth, I liked doing the Gameday threads for a few reasons.  They were how I got into moderating, as I became a "Gameday Moderator" for the 2007 season to fill the need of someone to make the threads, then was granted full modmanship the following year.  Also, as I alluded to earlier, I like doing them because I feel that it's something that I do to help out the forum and make it a better place to post.

However, posting the threads isn't worth constant barrage from posters who would rather do the threads themselves because "2k6 has OCD", "I'm 2-0, let me do it!", etc.  Those posters can go ahead and make them from now on, because I'm done with dealing with the drama and the whining.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #92: May 04, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »
Attention Everyone:

I'm done posting the Gameday threads.  For what it's worth, I liked doing the Gameday threads for a few reasons.  They were how I got into moderating, as I became a "Gameday Moderator" for the 2007 season to fill the need of someone to make the threads, then was granted full modmanship the following year.  Also, as I alluded to earlier, I like doing them because I feel that it's something that I do to help out the forum and make it a better place to post.

However, posting the threads isn't worth constant barrage from posters who would rather do the threads themselves because "2k6 has OCD", "I'm 2-0, let me do it!", etc.  Those posters can go ahead and make them from now on, because I'm done with dealing with the drama and the whining.

Id rather have you do it, I think we just found a solution and have them close right when the next game starts. Yours are organized and have a good format.

Let those people speak their minds but take it with a grain of salt.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #93: May 04, 2009, 12:06:13 PM »
Id rather have you do it, I think we just found a solution and have them close right when the next game starts. Yours are organized and have a good format.

Let those people speak their minds but take it with a grain of salt.
\

the first time gametime rolls around and there is no game thread and lineups posted, then people will start nagging about "what happened? no gameday thread today?"

and which point I will say:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #94: May 04, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »
\

the first time gametime rolls around and there is no game thread and lineups posted, then people will start nagging about "what happened? no gameday thread today?"

and which point I will say:

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl:

LOL WUT..

When'd you change your name?

« Reply #95: May 04, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »
Attention Everyone:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #96: May 04, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
Is that really necessary?

Offline eckseid

« Reply #97: May 04, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »
Attention Everyone:

Keep doing them, screw anyone that say's you shouldn't because the Nats are losing. It has zero effect on the game. I agree with cmdterps, yours had a good format and organized.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #98: May 04, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
Keep doing them, screw anyone that say's you shouldn't because the Nats are losing. It has zero effect on the game. I agree with cmdterps, yours had a good format and organized.

Yeah, I'll keep doing them.  Just got a little peeved this morning is all.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #99: May 05, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »
Yeah, I'll keep doing them.  Just got a little peeved this morning is all.

Thank you; whew.