Author Topic: Shots fired at the Capitol Building  (Read 1962 times)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Re: Shots fired at the Capitol Building
« Reply #50: October 03, 2013, 11:16:25 PM »
Oh wow that is nuts, I hadn't had a chance to watch tv or check out the story more since I left work, that video is crazy with people just sitting there in the grass watching it all unfold.

Yes, it is kind of scary seeing people laying face down in the grass after hearing the gunshots ring out. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #51: October 03, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
Oh wow that is nuts, I hadn't had a chance to watch tv or check out the story more since I left work, that video is crazy with people just sitting there in the grass watching it all unfold.

Ya never know how you'll react when the crap hits the fan.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #52: October 03, 2013, 11:22:38 PM »
Yes, it is kind of scary seeing people laying face down in the grass after hearing the gunshots ring out. 
Whoops that's what get for watching on my phone without my glasses, to me it looked like the people were just sitting there  :-[ k going to find a big tv to watch it on so I can see what actually happened lol

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #53: October 03, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »
Ya never know how you'll react when the crap hits the fan.

Oh I'd totally be screaming like a maniac, cool under pressure I am definitely not, kudos to anyone who can keep a clear head in that situation

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #54: October 03, 2013, 11:28:39 PM »

Oh I'd totally be screaming like a maniac, cool under pressure I am definitely not, kudos to anyone who can keep a clear head in that situation

...   and you could be the heroine.   Some of the skinniest, shyest cats I ever knew turned out to be some of the baddest MF'ers under pressure.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #55: October 04, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »
...   and you could be the heroine.   Some of the skinniest, shyest cats I ever knew turned out to be some of the baddest MF'ers under pressure.

word..

its amazing what you can do when you don't have time to think about it.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #56: October 04, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
it's not a choice, if you're essential and don't want to work for free, you face disciplinary action, if you're non-essential and try to work unpaid, you've committed a federal crime.

Hope the cop that was injured yesterday still has some form of health insurance with the government shutdown and all.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #57: October 04, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Mom with baby in the car took a wrong turn, got swarmed by cops, panics and drives away (at 35 MPH), never attempted to ram a barricade, and gets shot and killed in front of her kid.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #58: October 04, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
Mom with baby in the car took a wrong turn, got swarmed by cops, panics and drives away (at 35 MPH), never attempted to ram a barricade, and gets shot and killed in front of her kid.

Hope that's not the real story.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #59: October 04, 2013, 09:48:23 AM »

I'm not buying this scenario.  Her mother said she was taking her daughter to a doctor appointment in Connecticut.  I've made some horrible wrong turns but I've never ended up six hours away.  Also lets forget that point.  If she did make an accidental "wrong turn" once the police are behind you with their lights and sirens going simply stop.  I'm sure they can get you proper directions.

She also was at a complete standstill at one point surrounded by police and police cars.  She chooses to ram her way out of the predicament which again is a terrible decision.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #60: October 04, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
People panic when surrounded by the police, and this lady was clearly troubled, but she was also clearly no threat to the President, Congress, or the American way.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #61: October 04, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
I'm not buying this scenario...She also was at a complete standstill at one point surrounded by police and police cars.  She chooses to ram her way out of the predicament which again is a terrible decision.
Yea I agree that scenario is a bit simplistic, she was behaving very erratically and I don't see what else the cops could have done, I guess shot out her tires?  She was obviously having some type of mental breakdown, no other way to explain her gunning it when she was surrounded by cops with their guns drawn, so very sad :(

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #62: October 04, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Seems to me like suicide by cop. Congratulations to the crazy nag, she's probably screwed up her kid for life

Offline eckseid

« Reply #63: October 04, 2013, 10:12:22 AM »
People panic when surrounded by the police, and this lady was clearly troubled, but she was also clearly no threat to the President, Congress, or the American way.

She was a threat to the secret service agent she hit and also a threat to that cop that got injured chasing her ass. Was also a threat to all those other cops she almost hit and all the civilians around. Sorry, I'm not buying this bs that she was "scared". All of this could've been avoided had she not sped away.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #64: October 04, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
The cops are in good condition, she's full of holes, lucky for the cops that one of those bullets didn't bounce off her car and into a bystander.

The real question is when the cops knew that there was a baby in the car, certainly before the second shooting.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #65: October 04, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »

Not much front end damage for a car that "rammed a barricade".

The cop car looks quite a bit worse, the cop flying through the city trying to get in on the action was a bigger danger to the public than the unarmed and confused mother.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #66: October 04, 2013, 12:38:44 PM »
Seems to me like suicide by cop. Congratulations to the crazy nag, she's probably screwed up her kid for life

Mentally ill certainly deserve no compassion.  She probably wanted to be suffering depression.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #67: October 04, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
Mentally ill certainly deserve no compassion.  She probably wanted to be suffering depression.

if it was just her, then I feel real sorry for her, but she drove a kid for hours from CT to DC, put the kid in a position where cops were pointing guns at mommy, then fled from the cops, then put her kid in a position where cops were shooting into the car, sorry, I really don't feel bad for her considering what she did to her child

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #68: October 04, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »

Let's just tell the cops to sit back and wait for the car to explode to see what her intent was.  Assume someone trying to crash a barrier had benign intent.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #69: October 04, 2013, 12:53:51 PM »
Let's just tell the cops to sit back and wait for the car to explode to see what her intent was.  Assume someone trying to crash a barrier had benign intent.

Based on what evidence are you saying that she tried to crash the barrier? That's a very easy thing to do, certainly she could have hit those metal poles at 90 MPH had she wanted to. But her front end shows no damage. Don't buy into the fiction that the cops are putting out.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #70: October 04, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
Just what I see on the video is enough. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #71: October 04, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
I feel bad for the cop who got hurt and isn't even getting paid

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #72: October 04, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Latest is that she had post partum depression

So never want to knock up my wife

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #73: October 04, 2013, 06:20:38 PM »
if it was just her, then I feel real sorry for her, but she drove a kid for hours from CT to DC, put the kid in a position where cops were pointing guns at mommy, then fled from the cops, then put her kid in a position where cops were shooting into the car, sorry, I really don't feel bad for her considering what she did to her child

Mentally ill people deserve our contempt, for not thinking like we do.

Anyway, her actions were perfectly rational.  She was under constant surveillance by the government, even during the sequester, and Obama himself was stalking her.  She had no choice but to take decisive action.

:?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #74: October 04, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
I'm sure she had mental problems and its truly sad she wasn't able to get help and now her child has no mother. That said, I'm in way upset with the way the police handled the situation as far as firing at her. With the constant threat of terrorism and being in the capitol of the free world, there is much less room to err. Should the official story change, then by all means do what needs done for justice.

As for saying we don't know what was going through her mind, we also don't k ow what was going through the officers mind. Terrorist don't think twice to use women and children to affect great loss on their enemies. What would be worse, not shooting and woman detonates bomb killing scores or shooting her because of the threat she posed?