Author Topic: Arizona Fall League - 2010 (updated "It's Harper Time")  (Read 17864 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Not me, I think he'll be what Detwiler was supposed to be.

I'm still trying to figure out who "bashed" Solis.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Haha.  It's been so long since we've seen it that I almost forgot about the patented sportsfan "Where are all the X that were bashing Y <lmao>" cut-and-paste "victory" dance.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

How long have you been here with Sportsfan active? Just curious. He will make many posts like that.

Offline Potomac Cannons

How long have you been here with Sportsfan active? Just curious. He will make many posts like that.

I've got him on ignore.  It took about a week to figure out he had achieved an inhuman level of asshatery.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
asshatery.

I didn't know he hated asses.  His chick might wanna know about that :mg:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I've got him on ignore.  It took about a week to figure out he had achieved an inhuman level of asshatery.

Ok cool. :lol: Posts like that aren't out of the ordinary. He will post some decent stats but then make a ridiculous comment to follow them. I kind of enjoy it. :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Maybe I just root for guys like JD Martin and Solis that have disc problems like I root for Youk :lmao:

Offline PANatsFan

Ok cool. :lol: Posts like that aren't out of the ordinary. He will post some decent stats but then make a ridiculous comment to follow them. I kind of enjoy it. :lol:

Sportsfan is one of the most entertaining people on this board, and a pretty good guy. Of course now he'll say something that makes me totally regret it.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

its sportsfan. not worshipping the ground his favorite players walk on = "bashing" them.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Norris and Harper both 2-4 tonight.  Carr with a solid 8th in relief and Kimball with a perfect 9th.

Offline DPMOmaha

Just saw the AFL championship will be on the MLB Network Sat. afternoon.   They're advertising it as a chance to see Harper.

Offline sportsfan882

I hope Solis gets to pitch too

Offline Sharp

I hope Solis gets to pitch too
He's the starter.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Kimball is on fire.

AAA closer, possibly MLB arm to start the year?

I know he throws 96-97.

Honestly, I'd trade Storen while he still has 'top draftee' attached to his name and get him for something worthwhile.

Can't imagine Balester, Clippard or Kimball doing any worse.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Kimball is on fire.

I know he throws 96-97.

He and, to a slightly lesser extent, Carr have at least earned a ST look.  Makes it a lot easier to package one of the MLB pen arms to get something more needed if guys like this keep putting up good numbers.

Can't imagine Storen's value is high enough yet.  If he gets moved I would think deadline of 2012 or going into 2013 at the earliest.  Right now you may get his current value but he's too much of an unknown to cash in on potential just yet.

Offline sportsfan882

Kimball is on fire.

I know he throws 96-97.

Honestly, I'd trade Storen while he still has 'top draftee' attached to his name and get him for something worthwhile.

Can't imagine Balester, Clippard or Kimball doing any worse.
lolz, and you laughed at me when I mentioned Kimball several months ago and showed you proof that I had talked about him 2 years ago. :lmao:

Offline Coladar

lolz, and you laughed at me when I mentioned Kimball several months ago and showed you proof that I had talked about him 2 years ago. :lmao:

He's baaaaack.  :)

We missed you, SF!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
He and, to a slightly lesser extent, Carr have at least earned a ST look.  Makes it a lot easier to package one of the MLB pen arms to get something more needed if guys like this keep putting up good numbers.

Can't imagine Storen's value is high enough yet.  If he gets moved I would think deadline of 2012 or going into 2013 at the earliest.  Right now you may get his current value but he's too much of an unknown to cash in on potential just yet.

That's why we trade him now... no one knows what he's worth yet, only that he was a Top 10 pick... that title brings clout in trade talks.

As with Willingham, strike while the iron is hot.

Offline Potomac Cannons

That's why we trade him now... no one knows what he's worth yet, only that he was a Top 10 pick... that title brings clout in trade talks.

As with Willingham, strike while the iron is hot.

If KC said Desmond and Storen as the base for getting Greinke then sure.  Same if Tampa wants him as part of a deal for Shields or Garza.  If he can be leveraged for proven talent that improves a more important spot then absolutely move him just like Capps was for a top prospect.

Offline houston-nat

Jonathan Mayo from MLB.com ranks the top 20 AFL prospects. Check this out:

1. Bryce Harper, OF, Washington Nationals: Playing just twice a week, the No. 1 pick from the 2010 Draft made quite an impression, creating a buzz with his plus-plus power, his plus arm in right field and his surprisingly strong running skills.

11. Derek Norris, C, Washington Nationals: Norris rebounded from an injury-interrupted season and continued to show excellent on-base skills, along with some pop. He still needs work on receiving, but his plus arm allowed him to throw out better than 46 percent of would-be basestealers this fall.

13. Sammy Solis, LHP, Washington Nationals: The 2010 second-rounder was making his professional debut, more or less, in the AFL (having thrown just four innings in the South Atlantic League), and scouts came away impressed with his size, stuff and command. It wasn't much of a surprise that he was chosen to start the championship game for Scottsdale.

[Norris note->] 18. Devin Mesoraco, C, Cincinnati Reds: There was some debate over which backstop had more upside, Norris or Mesoraco, with some convinced the Reds prospect has a better chance to be an everyday, all-around catcher in the big leagues. That said, he didn't perform as well on either side of the ball -- hitting or throwing -- this fall, though it was an admittedly small sample size.

I was kind of hoping Bryce Harper would get on the list, despite his 2-games-per-week status. But #1? Dang. Kid must be legit.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101119&content_id=16157300&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb&tcid=tw_article_16157300

Offline PANatsFan

Solis :woop:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
He's the starter.

i can't believe Harper isn't starting.

Offline houston-nat

Odd, Jonathan Mayo just tweeted that Bryce Harper is now starting instead of Michael Burgess.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Odd, Jonathan Mayo just tweeted that Bryce Harper is now starting instead of Michael Burgess.

They want to win.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Harper batting 7th.    Wow, I'm going to get excited for a AFL game!