Author Topic: Balco Bonds To Japan?  (Read 3040 times)

natsfan1a

Re: Balco Bonds To Japan?
« Reply #25: February 29, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
Yes, and you can request that an item be sent to your branch from another and held for you.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: February 29, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
There's a pretty lengthy Sports Illustrated excerpt. Don't know whether you might have seen it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/03/06/growth0313/

Yeah I think someone posted that piece once.

I think you can check book availability online now.

Yes, and you can request that an item be sent to your branch from another and held for you.

Those have been features for quite some time and I take full advantage of them but the night I was at the library I didn't plan on being there so I didn't have the time to check on availability. I was there last night picking up a couple of books and forgot all about that one :?

natsfan1a

« Reply #27: March 01, 2008, 09:24:13 AM »
Okay, I didn't remember that.

Yeah I think someone posted that piece once.

I've heard that you can also be alerted via email when a hold item is ready for pick up, but I haven't tried that.

Those have been features for quite some time and I take full advantage of them but the night I was at the library I didn't plan on being there so I didn't have the time to check on availability. I was there last night picking up a couple of books and forgot all about that one :?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: March 01, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »

I've heard that you can also be alerted via email when a hold item is ready for pick up, but I haven't tried that.

That's probably true but I've always been notified by phone.

natsfan1a

« Reply #29: March 01, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »
Me, too.

That's probably true but I've always been notified by phone.

natsfan1a

« Reply #30: March 01, 2008, 04:19:03 PM »
I haven't read it yet but there's a file with the transcript of Bond's testimony on the MLB site now:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080301&content_id=2398601&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Offline saltydad

« Reply #31: March 01, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »

Montgomery County does that for me all the time.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #32: March 02, 2008, 01:33:19 PM »
Back to Bonds......

I will laugh my butt off if he ends up in Japan.  But he may find himself in court or out on Bond before that can happen.