Author Topic: Baseball hat thread  (Read 29460 times)

Offline codedandunited

Re: Baseball hat thread
« Reply #225: January 05, 2013, 01:45:03 AM »
The 1924 hat is back on the MLB site if anyone is interested and 25% off.
Just a heads up everyone, the caps are 25% off on clearance, plus there is an extra 25% off until 1/7/2013.  Better snag one now if you want one!

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13147512

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #226: January 05, 2013, 07:39:48 AM »
Just a heads up everyone, the caps are 25% off on clearance, plus there is an extra 25% off until 1/7/2013.  Better snag one now if you want one!

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13147512
so, how much are caps going for? Aren't they usually $35+?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #227: January 05, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
$20 and if you have ShopRunner the shipping is free.  Just bought another.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #228: January 05, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »
Cubs or Marlins? Or do they have some NWA seconds on clearance?
$20 and if you have ShopRunner the shipping is free.  Just bought another.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #229: January 05, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
Cubs or Marlins? Or do they have some NWA seconds on clearance?

:nono:

Now that I can almost wear normal people clothes I'm restocking my non-work wardrobe with Nasty Nats gear. The rents and wife got me the Harper and Strasburg Hair-itage shirts for CHRISTmasnukah. Pretty sweet.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #230: January 05, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
:nono:

Now that I can almost wear normal people clothes I'm restocking my non-work wardrobe with Nasty Nats gear. The rents and wife got me the Harper and Strasburg Hair-itage shirts for CHRISTmasnukah. Pretty sweet.

I got the Harper #34 tshirt.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #231: January 05, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »
They actually have that in big and tall sizes at the team store.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #232: January 05, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
They actually have that in big and tall sizes at the team store.

How big and tall?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #233: January 05, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
How big and tall?

At the store they had a 6XL Tall.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #234: January 05, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »
Only at the actual store, though?  Or are we talking MLB shop online?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #236: June 11, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
Sorry if it's been posted on the previous pages of this thread but I was curious about the new Diamond Era 59Fifty caps released by New Era. I know they're a spring training and BP hat for 2013, but I also read online that all teams will be wearing them on "select games".
Have the nats worn them so far this year? I haven't been able to watch every game on TV but of the ones i've watched, I haven't seen these caps worn yet.
I really like the hat, and I might end up buying it anyways, but I have a weird personal rule where I only purchase the on the field hats that get worn in real games. Well.... okay I don't buy the military and "patriotic" day hats either.
I have seen the new alternate Red Hat, Blue brim hats worn and I'll have to be picked that hat up soon. I feel like the Diamond Era caps will be a limited edition this season and I should get on them while they're available.
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-15001296dt.jpg

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #237: June 11, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »
I picked this one up for the Giants/Braves game this weekend, (the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing) and I like the new BP hats. I bought the Cubs one for my step dad as well. The breathability of these things is pretty awesome, especially down here in Atlanta.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #238: June 11, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »
I've got the interlocking "DC" BP hat.  It freaking kicks in tropical weather.
I picked this one up for the Giants/Braves game this weekend, (the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing) and I like the new BP hats. I bought the Cubs one for my step dad as well. The breathability of these things is pretty awesome, especially down here in Atlanta.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #239: December 18, 2014, 09:36:47 PM »
Got a bunch of new hats.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #240: December 18, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
Got a bunch of new hats.

Damn Vega  ...  do you wear them all or are they display only?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #241: December 18, 2014, 09:42:18 PM »
Damn Vega  ...  do you wear them all or are they display only?
I wear them all for the most part. The retro White Sox, retro Pads, Astros, new Blue Jays, and the New Era red Nats are all Christmas gifts (We did gifts early to work with my brothers' travel schedules.) and the Twins, Reds, Rays, and Indians I got for a mere three bucks each a couple of weeks ago at Lids, so those have not yet gotten much use. I used to display them, but they got dusty so I just keep them in my closet now. I just ordered a retro colors D-Backs from MLBShop also.

Not quite what they used to wear, but it'll match a few of my tie dye shirts well enough. I still love the old D-Backs uniforms and colors. About as '90s as uniforms ever got, yet still classy.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #242: December 18, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
Nice

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #243: December 18, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »
They're all New Era and Nike adjustables. I've tried the authentic fitted hats, but I look like a dumbass wearing them. They don't fit my head well at all.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #244: December 18, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
They're all New Era and Nike adjustables. I've tried the authentic fitted hats, but I look like a dumbass wearing them. They don't fit my head well at all.

I have a '79 Pirates hat (original) that's been in the rain a few times.    It no longer fits and it didn't fit that well to begin with.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #245: December 18, 2014, 10:53:25 PM »
Ebbets Field Flannels are where it's at. They're expensive but totally awesome.   

Offline whytev

« Reply #246: December 18, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
Got a bunch of new hats.

Whoa this thread has been buried.  I almost started it myself, but I guess I was right not to.

I rock the navy hat with the red brim, the hat in my avatar, or the old school Expos with the white, red, and blue panels.

I also rock a couple choice Vancouver Canadians short season low A caps.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #247: December 18, 2014, 11:46:51 PM »
I wear them all for the most part. The retro White Sox, retro Pads, Astros, new Blue Jays, and the New Era red Nats are all Christmas gifts (We did gifts early to work with my brothers' travel schedules.) and the Twins, Reds, Rays, and Indians I got for a mere three bucks each a couple of weeks ago at Lids, so those have not yet gotten much use. I used to display them, but they got dusty so I just keep them in my closet now. I just ordered a retro colors D-Backs from MLBShop also.

Not quite what they used to wear, but it'll match a few of my tie dye shirts well enough. I still love the old D-Backs uniforms and colors. About as '90s as uniforms ever got, yet still classy.

Split loyalty fans deserve to have their hats fastened so tight that they cut off the circulation to their brains and die. :stir:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #248: December 18, 2014, 11:50:56 PM »
Split loyalty fans deserve to have their hats fastened so tight that they cut off the circulation to their brains and die. :stir:
Hey, I have more Nats hats than any other team! Besides, while Nats hats do match a lot of clothing, they do not go with everything. I'm stylish as freak, so no unmatched crap for me.

Offline whytev

« Reply #249: December 18, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »
Hey, I have more Nats hats than any other team! Besides, while Nats hats do match a lot of clothing, they do not go with everything. I'm stylish as freak, so no unmatched crap for me.

No way, my friend, the New Era era means that every hat can be in any colour.  Collect 'em all.