Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 11784 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1
« Reply #150: August 12, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »
it's over.  hanrahan/rivera still stink.
And so does our offense. Perez was disgustingly gross tonight but I pin most of this loss on the anemic, puke-inducing offense. Sickening how many stranded runners they left on base and how unclutch they were tonight with Santana clearly not at his best.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #151: August 12, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »
Bonifacio is finally playing like everyone expected him to. 0 for his last 20. Way too many 0-fer nights for a guy with no power. Very troubling to see him continuing to chase crap in the dirt and not hitting the ball solidly like he was a week ago. Where are all the line drives he was hitting a few weeks ago?

MrMadison

« Reply #152: August 12, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »
And so does our offense. Perez was disgustingly gross tonight but I pin most of this loss on the anemic, puke-inducing offense. Sickening how many stranded runners they left on base and how unclutch they were tonight with Santana clearly not at his best.

this.  only not as dramatic.

but yeah, our Offense has always been the team's greatest weakness. we've never really had a fully competent offense, going back to 2005.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #153: August 12, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »

haha sportsfan don't worry i agree with you whole-heartedly.  but look we keep sending out there.  a bunch of AAAA players and a few prospects (some have been kinda money, some improving, some ehhh).  The Lerners need to go out and get some bats or this franchise is doomed as is the fan base.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #154: August 12, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »
eh, we get caught in to much crap. Screwed on that Tatis swing. O cant produce anything except leaving men on base and not producing in situations needed.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #155: August 12, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »
5 losses in a row. It wasn't that long ago that we were playing good baseball and having a bunch of fun watching this team.

Sigh. 3 weeks until the Redskins' first game.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #156: August 12, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
BONIFACIO = BONA FIDE BUM.  :devil:

he had us all fooled during that fluke start.

infuriating loss. we had Santana on the ropes with those lead-off doubles and couldn't capitalize. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #157: August 12, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »
EB is just on a terrible crap stained slump. Someday he'll be back to what we got a taste of last week, i hope... and watch it not be with us.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #158: August 12, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »
yeah i'm pumped for football season.  it doesn't hurt me anymore when they lose.  not after the moves - or lackof - made by the ownership/front office.  they don't care, why should we?  (i still do but it hurts).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #159: August 12, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
yeah i'm pumped for football season.  it doesn't hurt me anymore when they lose.  not after the moves - or lackof - made by the ownership/front office.  they don't care, why should we?  (i still do but it hurts).
I don't get pissed as much as I used to but I hate losses like tonight's where we did 1000 things wrong that led to us losing by 1 run. Hell, if Perez doesn't roll over with 2 outs in the first inning against Delgado we win the game. If our offense doesn't stand a guy on 2nd with no outs three times we win... and so on and so on.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #160: August 12, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
how could i forget?

:clap: to Langerhans for that FREAK FLUKE homer!