Author Topic: Man tries to rob bar, everyone ignores him  (Read 615 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Man tries to rob bar, everyone ignores him
« Topic Start: February 16, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »

Offline NatsFanSince2005

Re: Man tries to rob bar, everyone ignores him
« Reply #1: February 16, 2012, 11:45:46 PM »
Americans would never do that crap. What country is this in? It sounds Eastern European.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2: February 16, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
Americans would never do that crap. What country is this in? It sounds Eastern European.

Rotterdam is in the Netherlands.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #3: February 16, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
hahaha so awesome. The best is that they ran after him too.

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #4: February 17, 2012, 12:00:22 AM »
Rotterdam is in the Netherlands.
not even close haha. at least i got the continent right.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #5: February 17, 2012, 12:22:30 AM »
:lmao: 

I can understand not wanting to hurt anybody but at the point I see they're being brazen about their position I may have had to pop a cap in one of them just to make a point.  :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #6: February 17, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »
:lmao: "Did not give one freak or two freaks, red freaks or blue freaks"

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #7: February 17, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »
God I love that country. What a freaking awesome video.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #8: February 17, 2012, 01:11:15 AM »
:lmao: 

I can understand not wanting to hurt anybody but at the point I see they're being brazen about their position I may have had to pop a cap in one of them just to make a point.  :lol:

Yeah. I mean the guy took a risk and hoped that they'd be afraid of a gun. They called his bluff and didn't give a crap.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #9: February 18, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
This seems like a golden opportunity to repost my all-time favorite discussion forum post, originally written in 2002 over at Paradox Interactive.

Quote from: Top Cat, Paradox Interactive, April 23, 2002
Ok, little story for you all. I wonder if anybody can match it for sheer crapE in the face of reality. True story.

Ok, in the cinema there's this lad who, well to say he was a friend of a friend would be going too far. More a hanger on of an acquaintance. Anyway, every social group will have one of these guys attached to it at some point. Small, weedy, boring. Talks about himself a LOT. If you are feeling charitable you could describe him as a Walter Mitty, if not he's just full of crap. Anyway. At the cinema waiting for a film to start and this lad, scrawny, greasy, boring, nobody quite knows who he is with or whose friend he is meant to be, launches into a monologue. I will quote it for you as close to verbatim as possible. One of the lads in this group is a boxer, really nice guy but tough as nails, almost went into boxing professionally but decided to study instead. Anyway the conversation has turned to his training regime and this other scrawny little bloke buts in;

"Yeah. People have no idea. It's all bullcrap maaaaaan. I mean yeah, I could go to the gym, I could get biceps like this *makes gesture* and legs like this *another gesture*. i could get a six pack, no problem. But *drag on cigarette* what I have to do, is ask myself the question, do I want that? *ostentatious drag on cigarette, pause for dramatic effect*. The answer... is no. My body is a weapon. I mean, you get in a fight, what good is that? What people don't realise IS that say, say somebody comes at you with a knife. He's putting himself at an immediate disadvantage. What's he got? A knife. One weapon. I've got two fists, two legs, two knees, two elbows *indicates body parts in turn as though we didn't know where they are*. If he loses his knife, what's he got then? Take these bouncers at clubs. Sure, they look tough. Perhaps one of them could take me in a bar fight. *draw on cigarette* Perhaps. But I'd like to see how any of them could cope against me in "the octagon". I was in the city once, went into this bar. Looked normal from the outside but what I didn't know was it was a gangster bar. Guy behind the bar goes "get the freak out of here" but I'm in no mood for crap so I tell him to get me a drink. He pulls this revolver from behind the bar and points it straight at me. I didn't sweat. Looked at the revolver, saw the safety was on. Looked him straight in the eyes and said "Are you going to serve me, or are you going to shoot me?" He pulls the trigger and it doesn't work cos of the safety and he keeps pulling the trigger but *drag on cigarette* I just keep my cool. Then, he puts his gun down and says "Hey man, you're cool man, ain't nothing scares you". *chuckles and shakes head* I got my drink. And THAT *draws on cigarette ostentatiously* is how I won the respect of the Yardies."

Several of us made our excuses and left. The rest of us were too astonished to say anything and just sat there staring while he sat in a haze of cigarette smoke looking smug. It was possibly the oddest ten minutes of my entire life.

Now... if anyone can come up with a real life example of sheer pathetic gittishness better than that I'd be VERY interested to hear it!