Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 32406 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #800: May 12, 2009, 01:53:44 AM »
Well, Zimmermann vs. Cain will be fun tomorrow

Peace

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #801: May 12, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »
Cabrera wasn't talking with the media. :?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #802: May 12, 2009, 01:54:23 AM »
Serious question, does Cabrera speak english?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #803: May 12, 2009, 01:54:27 AM »
wtf? they showed like a 5 second clip from Acta.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #804: May 12, 2009, 01:54:28 AM »
haha manny cabrera didn't pitch better than the numbers showed.  yeah the error doesn't help, but even before that he didn't pitch well.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #805: May 12, 2009, 01:54:45 AM »
very good english. I was surprised when I heard him speak earlier this season

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #806: May 12, 2009, 01:55:20 AM »
Cabrera wasn't talking with the media. :?
i wouldn't either.

yup it's gotten better over the years, apparently it's one of the only thing he's shown improvement on :?  either we or some other organization needs to place him in the minors and start him from the beginning again.  he is pitching like a man with broken confidence.  at least in the past he was wild with 97 mph fastball and he'd rack up a few k's.  nowadays, he just doesn't trust anything.  like the tigers have done with dontrelle willis.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #807: May 12, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
Manny is a freaking Cabrera apologist. He just said that Cabrera pitched better than the numbers showed. What the hell was he watching?!  Rizzo needs to dump Manny's neighbor tomorrow.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #808: May 12, 2009, 01:56:07 AM »
God Damn Manny is freaking retarded.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #809: May 12, 2009, 01:56:25 AM »
I think Manny is too positive of a manager.

This is the big leagues... you can't make every player happy. You have to be an jerk to the guys not cutting it.

He just doesn't seem to be getting that.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #810: May 12, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »

This is the big leagues... you can't make every player happy. You have to be an jerk to the guys not cutting it.

yep, Dibble and Knight are good guys too but they will rip a guy to pieces if he's hurting the team like Kensing and Cabrera are.

these two (and a few more) jackasses are dragging the whole team down.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #811: May 12, 2009, 01:59:05 AM »

yeah.  manny in the past no matter how bad an outing from a starting pitcher/relief pitcher had, he'd pat them on the back.  now he's not, he just takes the ball. 

yep, Dibble and Knight are good guys too but they will rip a guy to pieces if he's hurting the team like Kensing and Cabrera are.

these two (and a few more) jackasses are dragging the whole team down.

see my post in the bus pass thread ... cabrera, cintron, nieves, olsen, hanrahan and kensing have no place being up here.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #812: May 12, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »
Peavy might get traded, lets try to get him here. Trade Milledge, a young starter, and whatever else (kearns/willingham). We get him, and whatever else, our rotation could be nasty! :lol: Kearns and Willingham are better than Headley and Giles!

/end wishful thinking

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #813: May 12, 2009, 02:01:33 AM »
yeah.  manny in the past no matter how bad an outing from a starting pitcher/relief pitcher had, he'd pat them on the back.  now he's not, he just takes the ball. 

Improvement!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #814: May 12, 2009, 02:02:12 AM »

see my post in the bus pass thread ... cabrera, cintron, nieves, olsen, hanrahan and kensing have no place being up here.
yep. they hurt the team. killing morale. some guys get free passes from Rizzo (Cabrera, Kensing, etc.) while others like Bergmann and Rivera are on ultra short leashes.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #815: May 12, 2009, 02:04:21 AM »
yep. they hurt the team. killing morale. some guys get free passes from Rizzo (Cabrera, Kensing, etc.) while others like Bergmann and Rivera are on ultra short leashes.
to be fair, rivera was garbage this year so far and bergmann walked three batters one inning in a sting.  outside of beimel and villone (and i guess wells), every guy in the pen has taken their fair share of lumps and look lost/afraid to throw strikes.  it doesn't matter how many runs we score per game, b/c pitching and defense win ballgames, and right now we're now our pitching is a joke and our defense has only gotten slightly better (not saying much).

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #816: May 12, 2009, 02:04:55 AM »
haha manny cabrera didn't pitch better than the numbers showed.  yeah the error doesn't help, but even before that he didn't pitch well.

Cabrera will ALWAYS get a free pass to stink from Acta, because they're both from the Dominican Republic.

FIRE ACTA AND CLAIRE, TONIGHT!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #817: May 12, 2009, 02:09:04 AM »
I don't think that's true.

I just think he's too easy on the players that fail every time out.

Offline PC

« Reply #818: May 12, 2009, 02:09:08 AM »
Improvement!

Real improvement would be patting them on the back with a knife in his hands.  :twisted:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #819: May 12, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »
Cabrera will ALWAYS get a free pass to stink from Acta, because they're both from the Dominican Republic.

You really believe that, don't you?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #820: May 12, 2009, 02:31:13 AM »
You really believe that, don't you?

Sadly, yes.  Acta is blinded by his WISH for his fellow countryman to succeed.  We would have WON tonight, if Acta had not left Cabrera in to WALK, WALK, WALK.  It's perfectly acceptable to Acta for us to lose 26 winnable games.  This is a MLB team, and Acta's unwillingness to act in the team's best interest demands his removal.  The only reason Pat Corrales was removed as 3rd base coach was because of the front office, not Acta.  Same for sending Milledge down. 
 :evil:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #821: May 12, 2009, 02:32:28 AM »
I think alot of posters here have a little Acta in them. Some play favorites, just like he does.

Acta is a dumbass though and should be fired.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #822: May 12, 2009, 02:40:40 AM »
Sadly, yes.  Acta is blinded by his WISH for his fellow countryman to succeed.  We would have WON tonight, if Acta had not left Cabrera in to WALK, WALK, WALK.  It's perfectly acceptable to Acta for us to lose 26 winnable games.  This is a MLB team, and Acta's unwillingness to act in the team's best interest demands his removal.  The only reason Pat Corrales was removed as 3rd base coach was because of the front office, not Acta.  Same for sending Milledge down. 
 :evil:

I REALLY doubt it has anything to do with their nationalities, though. Hanrahan is supposedly one of Manny's favorites, and he's from Iowa.

I don't think Manny had the power to fire Corrales, btw.

I think he's just a bad manager.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #823: May 12, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
Johnson's had a very long career, and I'd hardly extrapolate results from his prime to cover current matchups.  He's still a very solid pitcher, but no longer the scary dominator of the past.  We can hit this guy.

I'm glad the old avatar is back.  Winning a few games sure helped in more ways than one.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #824: May 12, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
I REALLY doubt it has anything to do with their nationalities, though. Hanrahan is supposedly one of Manny's favorites, and he's from Iowa.

I don't think Manny had the power to fire Corrales, btw.

I think he's just a bad manager.

I think it is absolutely true that Acta has his favorites regardless of nationality. But the reasons he has favorites vary. And in the case of some, like Cabrera, it is because they have personal history from the DR and with the WBC team.