Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417029 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #75: July 09, 2006, 12:14:22 AM »
oh yep, i've been to around 5 home games this year, and probably gotten 20 Justin Maxwell autographs  :D

i gotta say, and this is embarrasing..........ive been to 16 games in my life, as i just got interested last year, guess what their record is in games ive been to:

0-16  :x  lol

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #76: July 18, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"

A Lawyer will be arriving at your house shortly to deliver your Restraining Order.

You are to stay at least 250 feet away from RFK Stadium at all times.

8)

Offline esoteric

« Reply #77: July 18, 2006, 10:29:54 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Quote from: "2k6nats"

A Lawyer will be arriving at your house shortly to deliver your Restraining Order.

You are to stay at least 250 feet away from RFK Stadium at all times.

8)

Don't worry JMad, I'll deliver the TRO to him...erm, as soon as I finish my second year of law school, that is.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #78: July 23, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
HI

My Dad took me to my first game in 69 to see the Senators.  I was hooked from the get go with Baseball.  However, in 71 my Senators went a way.  

What can I say, this Baseball Addict became an (OH MY GOSH!) an Orioles fan.  I had to have my baseball fix and the Orioles were the closest team.  This was the PRE-Angelos era.  

I never gave up hoping for a DC team though.  I even have a Dave Winfield baseball card, in a San Diego Cap, with Washington on Top and National on the bottom.  I supported Bill Collins in his fight to get a team for years.  

Once an O's fan, always a Senators fan!  During my tenure as an Os fan I've seen great players come and go.  One of them is Cal Ripken.  I am really an admirer of his and all his efforts to promote the game of Baseball.  Thus my screen name,  I think he's just great!

I Love the NATS now and have a 20 game plan.

Anyhow I love this new place to post!  GO NATS! :D

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #79: July 23, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »
Welcome to the Forum CALGR8   :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #80: July 23, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »
Quote from: "CALSGR8"
What can I say, this Baseball Addict became an (OH MY GOSH!) an Orioles fan.  I had to have my baseball fix and the Orioles were the closest team.  This was the PRE-Angelos era.

There's nothing wrong with being a Orioles fan. Over the years, the O's have had some great players who were a joy to watch. Ripkin, Belanger, Robinson, Grich, Blair, Murray, Jackson, Singleton, Palmeiro, Anderson, Alomar and Tejada weren't and aren't too bad, plus they had a few decent pitchers that were often worth the price of admission by themselves. Guys like Palmer, Cuellar, McNally, Flannagan and Mike Mussina, plus who didn't love watching Earl Weaver go one-on-one with an umpire, we there any manager better at it?

The only thing wrong with the Orioles, is who they have sitting in the owner,s box.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #81: July 27, 2006, 07:48:59 PM »
No, i dont mean Nationals games, i mean the Vermont minor league games.  When I go to Nats games, their record is 1-1.

Offline Osprey

« Reply #82: July 30, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »
Another newcomer here:

Well more or less... I've been lurking for about a month or so and finally decided to come out and post.

I grew up in Northern Virginia and was a Senator's fan as a kid. When they left I lost interest in the game and despite EBW's best efforts could never quite find it in me to root for the Orioles. Now with the Nationals in town, and real live owners in place, life is good again.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #83: July 31, 2006, 12:02:58 AM »
welcome Calsgr8 and Osprey!

ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #84: July 31, 2006, 01:03:42 AM »
been watching you lurking Osprey...was wondering when you were gonna come out of the bushes.   :lol:   Welcome to the Forum!

Offline Osprey

« Reply #85: July 31, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, compared to everything else I've dealt with on the net (and not just baseball) this place is just so civilized.... It's great.

Offline expos96

« Reply #86: August 13, 2006, 07:07:12 AM »
A introduction here from another female on the forum.

In the summer of 1996 I was lucky to be in Montreal 2 weeks and saw 2 Expos games.
The first one on 24 June pitched by Pedro (11-3 win over the Pirates with 2 HR of 'Oh Henry' Rodriguez).
I've been a huge Pedro fan since that day...
The second one 12 August against the Astros (8-1 win for Mark Leitner after giving up a leadoff homer).
I knew that in Hockey there are fights between players. Since that day I knew what a brawl was (there were 2).

Since that time I've followed the Expos, as far as possible from here. Mostly on the day after using the internet and the information on the several sites.
Saw Pedro gone for (correct me if I'm wrong) Javies Vazquez (won a ring with Yankees), Carl Pavano (won a ring with Marlins) and Tony Armas jr (his arms were already questioned back then).
In the beginning we had NBC with one game per week in the night from Saterday on Sunday.
But that's gone like 4 years now.
So I moved with the Expos to Washingon.
Since September 2005 starting to watch MLB-tv. That's thrilling, costly for the lack of sleep, but I'm pleased to have seen the amazing growth of Ryan, the agressive Soriano.

My motto: Can there be more daygames please?

Hmm it's a bit longer than intended...
Sorry.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #87: August 13, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »
I do believe we have the most female Nat fans of all the message boards!   That's really cool and welcome expos96!!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #88: August 13, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
I do believe we have the most female Nat fans of all the message boards!   That's really cool and welcome expos96!!!

QFT.  Good to see some diversity on the board!  We've got all kinds of genders, races, and ages on the board!

Offline expos96

« Reply #89: August 14, 2006, 02:12:35 PM »
Thanks, I will probably learn more from you than you from me, but that seems not to be important.

QFT: What does this stand for?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #90: August 14, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »
Quote from: "expos96"
Thanks, I will probably learn more from you than you from me, but that seems not to be important.

QFT: What does this stand for?
Quoted For Truth.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #91: August 15, 2006, 06:52:50 PM »
Quote from: "expos96"
Hmm it's a bit longer than intended...
Sorry.

We have no limits on how long your posts are, unless the Chief says so.  Most people quit typing long before any imaginary limit is reached.

Welcome to the forum!  Stop by our gameday thread sometime, I'm sure you can find a new angle from which to complain about our recent performance!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #92: August 15, 2006, 11:54:24 PM »
Full season ticket holder at all six area major pro sports teams - Capitals, DC United, Mystics, Nationals, Redskins and Wizards...the seasons change but the matchnight excitement never ends!

(still trying to come down off tonight's masterpiece, Astacio's CG scattering 2 harmless hits - bloody magnificent!)

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #93: August 16, 2006, 07:30:55 AM »
Hey, OC  :D  Nice to see another face from the Caps boards.

And quite a game that was last night, even though I didn't watch much of it.  Astacio was brilliant.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #94: August 16, 2006, 08:52:40 AM »
Hey, OldChelsea from the Caps board.

Offline El Kabong

« Reply #95: August 16, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
Ah, good to see some familiar faces here, whether from the Caps board or ballparkguys.com (mainly a lurker there).  All brought together by the Nats!

ChestRockwell

« Reply #96: August 16, 2006, 12:53:03 PM »
Hi everyone!

Waited my whole life for baseball in DC, Hi OC, Jayman, NatsCaps19, and El Kabong....oh and Hi caphcky!

NatsCaps19

« Reply #97: September 05, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »
shout outs to Chest, OC, Jayman, El Kabong, and HI CAPHCKY!!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #98: September 05, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »
The Nationals-Capitals connection...a growing force on the local sports scene!

NatsCaps19

« Reply #99: September 06, 2006, 10:10:11 AM »
indeed