Author Topic: Grammys 2012  (Read 3067 times)

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
Re: Grammys 2012
« Reply #125: February 15, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »
they did a great job with "wouldn't it be nice".  the Bon Iver lead singer looked like he had stepped away from parking cars to accept his award.
                 :spit:  :lmao:                         

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #126: February 15, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »
I don't listen to the radio or pop music.
1) Manowar mix cd
2) Steel Panther:  Feel the Steel
3) Rainbow:  Rising
4) Dio:  Evil or Divine (live album)
5) King Diamond:  House of God
6) King Diamond:  Abigail
Those 6 CDs have been in my car changer for at least the past 2.5 months :lol:

So you twitter, and probably  text, but don't listen to the radio or the new rock music.  :confused:  Okey-dokey.......Each to his own.  :whistle:     :cheers:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #127: February 15, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
I'm gonna go ahead and complete the triumvirate of cultural ignorance by stating "I have no idea who Adele is, either."

Well you are so jacked up on antibiotics - you probably don't know who Tim Tebow is, or Jeremy Linn, or that Jose Canseco just signed with a Mexican Baseball team...... :mg:       :poke:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #128: February 15, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
Rainbow!!  One of my all-time favorite bands.  Final Vinyl is one of my all-time favorite albums.  Never got to see them play live but I did see Joe Lynn Turner in a small club in Long Island when he was the front-man for Yngvie Malmsteen's Rising Force. 

I've only really listened to the Dio era stuff.  Is he the vocalist for the song I think is called "Street of Dreams"?  That one is post Dio but it's pretty B A.

So you twitter, and probably  text, but don't listen to the radio or the new rock music.  :confused:  Okey-dokey.......Each to his own.  :whistle:     :cheers:

I don't really "twitter" but I do text.  I do listen to "new rock music," Steel Panther is pretty new, but I don't listen to the radio because they don't play my kind of music.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #129: February 15, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
I've only really listened to the Dio era stuff.  Is he the vocalist for the song I think is called "Street of Dreams"?  That one is post Dio but it's pretty B A.

His big hits were Street of Dreams, Jealous Lover, and Stone Cold.  They had another lead singer at one point as well.  Check out Final Vinyl, the live version of Dio doing Man on a Silver Mountain, and the two instrumental tracks are easily worth the album's cost.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #130: February 15, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »
His big hits were Street of Dreams, Jealous Lover, and Stone Cold.  They had another lead singer at one point as well.  Check out Final Vinyl, the live version of Dio doing Man on a Silver Mountain, and the two instrumental tracks are easily worth the album's cost.

Will do.  The other vocalist was Graham Bonnet, I think he was only on one album though.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #131: February 15, 2012, 10:11:03 PM »
Will do.  The other vocalist was Graham Bonnet, I think he was only on one album though.

that's right - "since you've been gone" is on FV.