Author Topic: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!  (Read 9394 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!
« Reply #200: September 14, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »
Houston, I won't quote/reply tit for tat to your entire post. I would like to point out one likely huge difference we have, based on your words, causing our differing views -

"Walt has ruined hundreds/thousands of lives by cooking Meth."

Absolutely not. The only person who ruined those lives are the ones who said to themselves once, "Hey! Self! Meth? That sounds like a great idea! Lets start doing that sometime!"

I am an unabashed libertarian in the Bill Maher school of thought. Mind you, I say that not as a hippy dippy, but as someone who actually has a strong disdain for alcohol/being around anyone intoxicated. The world is stupid enough without imbibing something that makes somebody dumber. Likewise, we're all adults and I don't favor being told "we know better than you do!" by the same jerks who outlawed marijuana, an utterly unaddictive substance, unlike alcohol (Just ask Amy Winehouse... oh, wait. She died of alcohol poisoning/withdrawal) partially because hemp was undercutting the paper industry in the 30s. (Of note, I've never even been tempted to try pot at any point either, now just a couple months shy from 30.)

So take my viewpoint with that full disclosure in mind. Thus I subscribe as well to Walt's 'I just supply a service. If it weren't me, it'd be somebody else. If people are stupid enough they want to not only ruin their lives, but pay me insane amounts of money to have their lives ruined, it's called Darwinism and I accept your millions." That does not extend to other illegal activity associated with common drug addiction, stealing, assault, etc. But so long as somebody only ruins their own life and harms themselve, more power to them. Thus I don't see Walt through the same "Evil drug kingpin" lens that you do. It's also why I can't stand Jesse and admire Walt to some degree - Jesse is weak, an addict, and couldn't keep his hand out of the proverbial pot. Walt was never once even remotely tempted to try his own product.

The other thing we apparently are at odds with - Walt has only personally killed or ordered killed men who Hank himself would have cheered at their funerals. Bad ass MFers. Walt's worst personal moment was letting Jesse's ODed bimbo expire by... doing nothing.

I can't stand Jesse, not after everything Walt did for him. You seem on his side, yet he was complicit in much the same that Walt was into.

Hank - He's a useless grunt with a bruised ego. Nothing more. Like I said already, this crap has nothing to do with law and justice. IF IT DID, he'd say freak it, freak my life and career, every day Walter White spends on the streets innocent lives are at risk. He'd have gone into the DEA, pleaded his case, but let them know who Heisenberg is. He didn't. He's a piece of crap, selfish to the extreme. But worst of all, and the point I keep harping on, is that familial aspect, which I cannot get over or overlook.

Mike is maybe the one murder that was least necessary, but again, I look at it as the world being better off with a man like that six feet under. He was a bad, bad man. He just had his "set of morals", but he was as rotten as they come. That's the point of this show though, everybody in it is a piece of crap. Why do you think they turned Marie into a kleptomaniac so early on? The only "good" character is Walt Jr. Thus, by cheering for walt to win, I am also cheering for the only innocent, decent human being in this fictional universe to escape as unscathed as possible.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #201: September 14, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
Funny how you justify Mike's death when he's pretty much in the same boat as Walter (which is why I don't really care that Walt killed him, but Walt's other transgressions are enough).  Another otherwise moral person who got caught up in a progressively depraved lifestyle because of a straw-grasping, "ends justify the means" mentality.

If you thought Mike was a bad dude, you should see Walter the same way.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #202: September 14, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
Walt is an amoral, murdering sociopath. Jesse isn't much better. You're over thinking this.
, I won't quote/reply tit for tat to your entire post. I would like to point out one likely huge difference we have, based on your words, causing our differing views -

"Walt has ruined hundreds/thousands of lives by cooking Meth."

Absolutely not. The only person who ruined those lives are the ones who said to themselves once, "Hey! Self! Meth? That sounds like a great idea! Lets start doing that sometime!"

I am an unabashed libertarian in the Bill Maher school of thought. Mind you, I say that not as a hippy dippy, but as someone who actually has a strong disdain for alcohol/being around anyone intoxicated. The world is stupid enough without imbibing something that makes somebody dumber. Likewise, we're all adults and I don't favor being told "we know better than you do!" by the same jerks who outlawed marijuana, an utterly unaddictive substance, unlike alcohol (Just ask Amy Winehouse... oh, wait. She died of alcohol poisoning/withdrawal) partially because hemp was undercutting the paper industry in the 30s. (Of note, I've never even been tempted to try pot at any point either, now just a couple months shy from 30.)

So take my viewpoint with that full disclosure in mind. Thus I subscribe as well to Walt's 'I just supply a service. If it weren't me, it'd be somebody else. If people are stupid enough they want to not only ruin their lives, but pay me insane amounts of money to have their lives ruined, it's called Darwinism and I accept your millions." That does not extend to other illegal activity associated with common drug addiction, stealing, assault, etc. But so long as somebody only ruins their own life and harms themselve, more power to them. Thus I don't see Walt through the same "Evil drug kingpin" lens that you do. It's also why I can't stand Jesse and admire Walt to some degree - Jesse is weak, an addict, and couldn't keep his hand out of the proverbial pot. Walt was never once even remotely tempted to try his own product.

The other thing we apparently are at odds with - Walt has only personally killed or ordered killed men who Hank himself would have cheered at their funerals. Bad ass MFers. Walt's worst personal moment was letting Jesse's ODed bimbo expire by... doing nothing.

I can't stand Jesse, not after everything Walt did for him. You seem on his side, yet he was complicit in much the same that Walt was into.

Hank - He's a useless grunt with a bruised ego. Nothing more. Like I said already, this crap has nothing to do with law and justice. IF IT DID, he'd say freak it, freak my life and career, every day Walter White spends on the streets innocent lives are at risk. He'd have gone into the DEA, pleaded his case, but let them know who Heisenberg is. He didn't. He's a piece of crap, selfish to the extreme. But worst of all, and the point I keep harping on, is that familial aspect, which I cannot get over or overlook.

Mike is maybe the one murder that was least necessary, but again, I look at it as the world being better off with a man like that six feet under. He was a bad, bad man. He just had his "set of morals", but he was as rotten as they come. That's the point of this show though, everybody in it is a piece of crap. Why do you think they turned Marie into a kleptomaniac so early on? The only "good" character is Walt Jr. Thus, by cheering for walt to win, I am also cheering for the only innocent, decent human being in this fictional universe to escape as unscathed as possible.

Offline sph274

« Reply #203: September 14, 2013, 06:52:50 PM »
one could easily say that mike's granddaughter was another "innocent" that walt screwed by murdering her grandfather. for the rest of her life she will think her grandfather abandoned her in a park.

https://twitter.com/KayleeEhrms

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #204: September 14, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Funny how you justify Mike's death when he's pretty much in the same boat as Walter (which is why I don't really care that Walt killed him, but Walt's other transgressions are enough).  Another otherwise moral person who got caught up in a progressively depraved lifestyle because of a straw-grasping, "ends justify the means" mentality.

I actually saw Mike as a better dude then Walt. Mike would do what needed to be done, like paying off his guys in prison instead of having them murdered (like Walt), and he and Jesse were on the same side when they both wanted out. Walt was the one that wanted to continue when everyone had big stacks in front of them. Walt is just greedy, and I think the power he feels, maybe for the first time in his life has changed him. Jesse started out as a small time cooking tweaker yo-boy, Walter saw an opportunity in a previous student to try and provide for his family, but then he felt the power and didn't want to give it up. He did do some things because he was backed into a corner, but a lot of it was just to not get caught. Big difference between that and fearing for your life.

I liked Mike because Mike was black and white. Jesse is more of a lost kid, I don't think he would have ever ended up being a murderer or in the level of crap he's in now if it weren't for wanting to please Walt. And, I'm sorry, but I just think Skyler is a c.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #205: September 15, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

I've never really said Walt is a good guy, just the opposite in fact. I specifically said Walt Jr. is the only "good" character on the show. Walt is a bastard who's committed horrific crimes, absolutely, which is why I said in the real world he would and should be rotting in jail.

What I've consistently held to believe is that, as viewers who've been with him throughout, most of his crimes were understandable, even if not forgivable. Yet even more importantly, my point has always been that I'm simply rooting for Walt. Rooting for him not because he's the most benevolent, moral, kind and humane man to ever walk the Earth - rooting for him because, considering those who are opposed to him/confronting him, I'll take Walt any day of the week. I'd be much happier come the series finale if it's Walt who "wins the day" if the other choices are Hank or Jesse emerging victorious.

But don't get me wrong, the fictional character of Walter White is not, in any way, shape or form, a "good guy."

On a similar note, I'm literally counting the seconds 'til 9 o'clock arrives. I've not been this anxious or eager for an episode of a show for as long as I can remember. Gonna be an insane first few minutes tonight - I just hope to God they don't pull some "shadey crap" and do a flashback/leap forward/go to another plot/character before resolving the shootout. That would drive me frickin' insane if we somehow didn't get a resolution, a clear, specific answer to who lives and dies, in tonight's episode.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #206: September 15, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »
I actually saw Mike as a better dude then Walt. Mike would do what needed to be done, like paying off his guys in prison instead of having them murdered (like Walt), and he and Jesse were on the same side when they both wanted out. Walt was the one that wanted to continue when everyone had big stacks in front of them. Walt is just greedy, and I think the power he feels, maybe for the first time in his life has changed him. Jesse started out as a small time cooking tweaker yo-boy, Walter saw an opportunity in a previous student to try and provide for his family, but then he felt the power and didn't want to give it up. He did do some things because he was backed into a corner, but a lot of it was just to not get caught. Big difference between that and fearing for your life.

I liked Mike because Mike was black and white. Jesse is more of a lost kid, I don't think he would have ever ended up being a murderer or in the level of crap he's in now if it weren't for wanting to please Walt. And, I'm sorry, but I just think Skyler is a c.

As far as the "greedy, power he's found has changed him" bit, that's precisely why I refer so frequently to him being screwed by the people who basically stole his work and got filthy rich off of it, all while Walt doesn't see a goddamn dime and gets reduced to teaching high school chemistry.

Does it excuse or make acceptable his subsequent actions? No, absolutely not. But it does, for me at least, explain them to some degree, making them more understandable given the context. It's not like Walt is Gus though, a guy who had the world handed to him on a silver platter and was simply an evil, greedy, power hungry scumball. Walt got shat on throughout his entire freaking life, screwed over constantly and consistently, culminating in cancer that was likely a consequence of his prior work as a chemist that he never saw a dime from. Therefore it makes Walter White, to me, a slightly more sympathetic character than he'd otherwise be considering his litany of crimes. It's also something that makes his generosity, protection and trust of Jesse all the more admirable in my eyes.

He's a bad MFer, but at the same time, when the roles were reversed and he had the power and money, he didn't screw Jesse over. Just the opposite, he went above and beyond. He gave someone who really never deserved what he got, as it was all based on Walt's expertise and genius, and who essentially was a stranger to him originally sans even a rudimentary family connection.

Like I say, these are the reasons I'm "rooting" for Walt to win the day. It's not because I think Walt's a saint, and I've never said such a thing, but this is why I personally want to see Walt emerge unscathed over Jesse or Hank. It's more a lesser of two evils deal, combined with Walt Jr. being the only sinless character in the entire show. Neither Hank, a vindictive, egotistical, prideful grunt, nor Jesse, a loser do-nothing drug addict who's nearly as guilty as Walt, have any of these extenuating circumstance or points where one can understand/sympathize (however little) with his plight. In my eyes, at least.

It's simply that I'd rather see Walt Jr. not have his entire life destroyed. Walt shouldn't get away with all he's done, but I can at least find some justification to cling to in accepting his "victory" that's absent for both Jesse and Hank. Of those three alone I'd rather Walt win, but factoring Walt Jr. into the mix and the fact Walt is "out" of the business, I'm absolutely, unequivocally pulling for Walt in these final episodes.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #207: September 15, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »
"I watched Jane die"

Damn, this season does not disappoint.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #208: September 15, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »
Welcome to the party Jr

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #209: September 15, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
That...was nucking futs.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #210: September 15, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
My new favorite episode ever. Sorry, "One Minute."

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #211: September 16, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
I've never really said Walt is a good guy, just the opposite in fact. I specifically said Walt Jr. is the only "good" character on the show. Walt is a bastard who's committed horrific crimes, absolutely, which is why I said in the real world he would and should be rotting in jail.

You said in a previous post that he was "moral" and a "good guy" who's only justifiably acting the way he is based on circumstance.  If you're now calling him a bad man, this is new.

There is absolutely no way you can justify poisoning/torturing a kid.

And now, after last night, I'd really like to see if you're rooting for him at all.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #212: September 16, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »
And now, after last night, I'd really like to see if you're rooting for him at all.
But Knorr, he's justified in kidnapping his baby because it's his baby and he shouldn't have to lose his baby just because his family betrayed him and doesn't appreciate all his hard work!

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #213: September 16, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
I'm big time rooting for Walt, it's fiction, it's OK to root for the bad guy.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #214: September 16, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »
You said in a previous post that he was "moral" and a "good guy" who's only justifiably acting the way he is based on circumstance.  If you're now calling him a bad man, this is new.

There is absolutely no way you can justify poisoning/torturing a kid.

I believe my very first words posted on this debate were conceding he would and should be in jail if this were the real world. And I do still believe, given the situations he was in, most all he did was justifiable/understandable if you're a sociopath/devoid of empathy. The moral comment, okay, I'll admit that was a poor choice of wording. My point was more that Walt had a code of ethics, he was a man who stuck to his beliefs - family first, Jesse, etc. He never used his product, nor was tempted. He tried everything to hide it from his family. He didn't go around shooting up genuinely innocent people.

As far as last night, holy freak. I literally had to pause it after the knife scene. It made me nauseous. I literally felt Walt's entire world crumbling down around him. I've never had a tv show effect me in that way before. For me, it was heartbreaking. Whatever wrong he did, goddammit, he started out with the noblest of intentions - he was dying and he wanted to provide for his family, knowing he had nothing to lose when he started.

I will say I didn't like it at all. I felt it was unnecessary, and unrealistic. Because of what I heard during Talking Bad, where Chris Hardwick said Vince has been saying for some time he can't get the "TeamWalt" folks, that Walt is a bad, bad man. I have the feeling this was done more to silence that then it was a logical extension of the characters development.

And here's the other thing I'll add, that actually, yes, Walt IS MORAL. He was willing to give up every freaking penny he'd ever made, freaking his family over since if Hank had escaped Walt still goes to jail, now absent the money. Walt felt Hank's life, a man who had pursued him relentlessly, destroyed his life, and honestly, brought this on himself (Hank leaves it alone, none of this happens.), was worth everything he worked for. And don't say it was because he was afraid of losing his wife and kids, because he clearly still had the delusion they'd be with him always after it happened.

Would Hank have done the same for Walt? Hell no. That's why I've remained on Walt's side. Walt could have grasped that Hank dead ends this, he remains free and walks away with $80 million. Walt had reasons to want Hank dead, and instead he was willing to give up everything to save his life? That doesn't strike me as an evil, irredeemable jerk.

So the stuff after this? Ain't Walt. Say he cracked seeing Hank die, or Vince just wants to destroy anybody like me from having a leg to stand on. I'm glad he told Jesse though, and I'd have done the same. Little nag got his brother in law killed. That was Walt's revenge.

The knife crap? I don't even know what to say. It was heart rending, but goddamn if, looking back, it makes a lick of sense to me. I don't understand why Walt Jr. called the cops, saying what he said. He was still in some denial at that point, hoping desperately his father wasn't an evil jerk. I expected him to hear Walt out. But then, Skyler is the one who not only grabbed the knife, but freaking slashed Walt to kill! Why Walt Jr. was protecting his mother, all things considered? In that scene there was one clear "bad guy", and it's not the guy with his hand slashed open.

That scene just happened too fast. They didn't hear Walt out - they didn't even know whether Hank was freaking dead until the phone call! Thus the, "Just tell us, what happened to Hank?" and Marie being crushed at the response. They even knew Walt was in handcuffs from Marie, meaning they had to know that it wasn't like Walt pulled a gun and killed Hank and his partner senselessly. They had every reason to at least hear the man out, which they didn't.

There was no reason to grab the knife, in fact, every reason not to. Even if they wanted Walt dead, get the information out of him. The second Walt Jr calls the cops, that's it. His father is done, his relationship with his father is done, everything is done. If Walt attacked Skyler, I'd get it. I don't right now. Walt was struggling with her, sure, but she was trying to kill him and he, to my eyes, trying to disarm her.

But yeah, of course in light of everything that happened after that I'm not still on Walt's side. He doesn't have a side. Stealing the baby, even that I could fathom, but it was the phone call that did it for me - "I told you you'd pay if you crossed me, Skyler. Just like Hank did." I'm sorry, maybe my Walt love is coming through, but I don't buy that as logical for the character. Not for Skyler's sake, that she didn't deserve it, because Skyler does... Cheating on him...? Trying to kill him? But rather, for Walt Jr. He had to assume Walt Jr. would be on the phone too, and I don't believe Walt would ever have said those things out loud for his son to hear.

So yeah, anyways, definitely not on Walt's side anymore. But I feel that's more the result of a creator who wanted to make sure that there was nobody left rooting for Walt by the time the finale comes, and not a natural progression of a character whereby I've been horrifically mistaken for five years.

I'll turn things around on Walt's detractors - do you think Walt deserves to pay for Hank's death? That he's genuinely culpable in it? Because like everything else used to paint Walt in a bad light, the outcome was horrific, but it's a stretch to place the burden entirely, or simply primarily, on his shoulders.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #215: September 16, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
I'm big time rooting for Walt, it's fiction, it's OK to root for the bad guy.

Yep.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #216: September 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
Walt knew the cops were on the line, he making threats to clear Skylar.

Offline sph274

« Reply #217: September 16, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
yea i feel as if the knife thing was pretty forced as well. i think this last season has been pretty tense and entertaining, but there are some pretty ridiculous things happening that dont make loads of sense. i also dont really buy into the whole "this man can make you disappear" concept, especially if you ran a multi-million(billion?) dollar drug network, killed two DEA agents, and are, ya know, dying of cancer. Looking up people with that specific type of cancer getting treatment throughout the US seems like a pretty easy way to narrow down suspects. Can the DEA get that kind of info? I think the man who can make you disappear is a pretty lazy plot device.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #218: September 16, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
Walt knew the cops were on the line, he making threats to clear Skylar.

That makes total sense. I guess my shock and disbelief of everything had that one sail right past me. Looking at the previews, which I won't spoil too much, but based on the call Walt receives from Saul, it sounds like this might be what brings him back. All things considered, stuff like this is why I still won't apologize for being in Walt's corner. He did bad things, but he's been in very bad, impossible, unimaginable situations to explain most, if not all.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #219: September 16, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
yea i feel as if the knife thing was pretty forced as well. i think this last season has been pretty tense and entertaining, but there are some pretty ridiculous things happening that dont make loads of sense. i also dont really buy into the whole "this man can make you disappear" concept, especially if you ran a multi-million(billion?) dollar drug network, killed two DEA agents, and are, ya know, dying of cancer. Looking up people with that specific type of cancer getting treatment throughout the US seems like a pretty easy way to narrow down suspects. Can the DEA get that kind of info? I think the man who can make you disappear is a pretty lazy plot device.

Well, I'd actually read something on your comments a couple days ago - in the flash forward, Walt had hair. Meaning he stopped the Chemo. Maybe that's why he did it, and not his cancer once more in remission. But I agree, the 'Make somebody disappear' is laughable. It'd have worked for Jesse or most of the others contemplating it, but Walt's face is gonna be on every TV around the world. Likewise, how long did Whitey Bulger remain under cover? Or Nazi's in South America? If you can get out of the country, you have a chance. If it's strictly US based relocation, not believable for an instant. And since the next episode title is, the Granite State, it would appear Walt remains in the US.

Me? I'm still rooting for the absurdist speculations that the final scene has Walt waking up in Malcolm in the Middle's house, where that show actually details his new life/second chance. Lovable, goofy Hal really is Heisenberg!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #220: September 16, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
From another comment board I visit:
"I admit, one thing I thought while I watched this episode was "Those people who still root for Walt are such freaked up jerks."  And I do imagine that some of them are still among us."

Offline Coladar

« Reply #221: September 16, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
From another comment board I visit:
"I admit, one thing I thought while I watched this episode was "Those people who still root for Walt are such freaked up jerks."  And I do imagine that some of them are still among us."

I'll repeat my question sans a novel length disassembling of the episode - You think a truly evil, irredeemable man offers up $80 million on a silver platter, the culmination of his entire work, every evil deed he had to make to accrue that money, literally on his knees pleading for the life of a man who wanted him dead or jailed, pursued him endlessly, destroyed his life, and brought all this on himself in some regards... That Walter White doesn't have any positive qualities?

Even Walt isn't that entirely stupid - he knew the Nazi's might kill Hank and still take the money. crap, at that point he put his own life in jeopardy, since they could and should have killed him too and taken the entire $80mil. Leaving Walt alive means leaving one man, the only man, who knew what they did. They killed Walt, everybody thinks Walt killed Hank and his partner. They kill Walt and they don't leave a man pissed off he just had $70 freaking million dollars stolen from him and still killed his brother in law.

In fact, that's another gripe I have with Vince. It's beyond freaking insane they left Walt alive. In no universe does that make sense or would it happen. They just couldn't kill off their star two episodes early, and without a satisfying finale.

But just like you apparently can't fathom my views on Walt, I can't understand how you see Walter White as totally and purely darkness, devoid of any decency, an evil, murdering, hateful, loveless, untrustworthy, treacherous sonuvanag. If you think Gus or Mike hand over $80 million in Walt's shoes for somebody like Hank, we vehemently disagree. And if you think Hank or Jesse would've done the same for Walt, then we are on totally different wavelengths.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #222: September 16, 2013, 04:52:54 PM »
I think the novels being written in this thread is really dragging me down and makes it hard to discuss the show.

Just enjoy it.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #223: September 16, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
I think the novels being written in this thread is really dragging me down and makes it hard to discuss the show.

Just enjoy it.

What's left to enjoy? Everybody's favorite hero Hank is dead. Really, there's not really an outcome right now that I can see being possible that anybody would "enjoy." Everybody's lives are ruined, the only guy who didn't have literal blood on his hands is dead, etc.

I wish this weren't the case, but I suspect in the end Jesse emerge victorious. And I think Walt saves him. I think that's why he went for the Ricin. Walt has always maintained, 'Make it quick and painless, yadda yadda.' He might have wanted to kill Jesse himself immediately following Hank's demise, but I think if/when he learns Jesse is being held as a freaking slave, a literal slave in chains cooking Meth, after the Nazis stole his money and killed Hank solely because Walt had wanted them to kill Jesse? The one thing they don't do?

Walt's gonna go all Rambo and rescue Jesse, die in a blaze of glory, and Jesse emerges the victor. They're clearly setting him up as the "lovable innocent, protagonist" with Hank dead. Mayhap the reveal that Walt let his gf OD was to get the audience even more on Jesse's side, more sympathetic, something accentuated by the picture of his ex and the boy on the wall, all in preparation to have Jesse be the one to put everything behind him and walk away in the final scene.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #224: September 16, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »
Colader, love you boy, but you really, I mean REALLY need to learn how to edit.

Walt is beyond redemption. Fine. We still want to see how everything shakes out.

Jesse will never be able to put all this crap behind him, no matter what. So I don't know where that's going. Emerging victorious just isn't in the cards for him unless he somehow manages to break the whole meth-cooking Nazi slavery thing (why does spellcheck capitalized Nazi?) and goes back to the girl and Brock and turns over a new leaf?

Skyler, I think, pulled a nag-ass move by pulling the knife on Walt instead of just refusing to leave. I think she did that to gain the side of Walt Jr., not expecting him to take the baby. Walt Jr., IDK what to think of that, if he was in such denial about his dad's role in everything. Guess that played because Hank was kaputz. No idea.

As far as Walt wanting to absolve Skyler, he's a better man than me. She was cool with it in the end until the crap came raining down. She might have had issues in the beginning, but when she was thinking about buying another carwash and Walt's cancer was back, she seemed A1 okay, have a nice day! with it.