Author Topic: Post your predictions for wildcard weekend  (Read 2954 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Post your predictions for wildcard weekend
« Topic Start: January 01, 2007, 05:40:04 PM »
Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, January 6
4:30 p.m. on NBC -- Kansas City Chiefs (9-7) at Indianapolis Colts (12-4)
8:00 p.m. on NBC -- Dallas Cowboys (9-7) at Seattle Seahawks (9-7)

Sunday, January 7
1:00 p.m. on CBS -- New York Jets (10-6) at New England Patriots (12-4)
4:30 p.m. on FOX -- N.Y. Giants (8-8 ) at Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

Who do you like, gentlemen?

Myself I'm going with Colts, Cowboys, Jets, and Giants.  Granted some of those are not the teams I would *like* to win, but those are the teams I think *will* win.

Colts over KC
Cowboys over Seattle
Jets over Patriots
Giants beat Eagles

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #1: January 01, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »
Colts over KC
Seattle over Cowboys
Patriots over Jets
Eagles beat Giants

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: January 01, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »
Colts over Chiefs
Cowboys over Seahawks
Patriots over Jets
Eagles over Giants

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #3: January 01, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
KC over Colts
Seattle over Dallas
Patriots over Jets
Giants beat Eagles

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: January 01, 2007, 08:07:40 PM »
Colts over KC
Seattle over Cowboys
Patriots over Jets
Eagles beat Giants

Well, Sens and I are pretty much thinkin the same thing :)

If I could add one thing, it would be that I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets beat the Patriots.  They've done it this year, and they have IMO more momentum than the Pats.  Keep in mind that I'm a Patriots fan.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #5: January 01, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »
KC
Dallas
Jets
Eagles

« Reply #6: January 01, 2007, 09:01:09 PM »
Colts
Seahawks
Jets
Eagles

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: January 01, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »
Colts over KC (but will never, ever win the Super Bowl, so long as there is still a Manning in the NFL)
Cowboys over Seattle
Patriots over Jets
Eagles and Giants end the game in a 0-0 tie, whereupon the stadium collapses, killing both teams and all of their fans, removing the illness of the NFC East from the otherwise-robust playoffs.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #8: January 01, 2007, 10:53:39 PM »
Chiefs at Colts The Colts will remain strong at home
Cowboys at Seahawks Dallas's defense has stunk the last few weeks, maybe next year
Jets at Patriots The Pats will hold off the Jets in a close one
Giants at Eagles Despite their .500 record, I think the Giants are a better team

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #9: January 01, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
Chiefs (Colts rush defense is an absolute JOKE, LJ has a huge day, plus Ty Law can contain Marvin)
Seahawks (Romo is overrated, the team is falling apart)
Jets (The team has rallied behind ManGenius, and they beat the Pats this year, I think they can do it again)
Eagles (Giants shouldn't be in the playoffs, Eagles the hottest team in the NFL)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #10: January 02, 2007, 12:55:03 AM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Eagles (Giants shouldn't be in the playoffs, Eagles the hottest team in the NFL)

Are they really? Try telling that to the San Diego Chargers

Offline Dave B

« Reply #11: January 02, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »
Updated with explanations

Quote from: "Dave B"

KC-Second lease on life. Herm will get them going.  They are going to come out fired up

Dallas-Eh, who knows? Seattle I think lost two guys (at least one) in their secondary last week.  TO might have an inspired game. He might be a prick, but he can play.

Jets-Belichik's world is crashing down. People are doubting his offseason moves. He is no longer invincible. After they lose he will have a Denzel-at-the-end-of-Training Day moment, where everybody turns on him and he goes out ranting like a madman. He might even yell "King Kong aint got crap on me", when in fact, King Kong and ManGenius (awesome stupid nickname), do

Eagles-I've believed in Eli  too long.  Eagles were written off a month ago. Second lease on life like KC. Playing at home.  Sorry Giants, youve ruined my pool too much in the second half of the season. (cough) Titans game (cough). Go the F home

Offline Dave B

« Reply #12: January 02, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

SD has been hot for so long they forgot what it feels like

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #13: January 02, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »

5 in a row when everyone wrote them off...the team is playing awesome.

The Chargers have been on fire all year, but have struggled as late. I would consider a team that has made the playoffs without their probowl caliber QB that is playing great to be hotter than the team that has just been consistently good.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #14: January 02, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »

The Chargers have been on fire all year, but have struggled as late. I would consider a team that has made the playoffs without their probowl caliber QB that is playing great to be hotter than the team that has just been consistently good.

The Eagles have won five in a row.  That's great, but consider that the Chargers have won TEN in a row.  I wouldn't call that struggling.  The fact that the Eagles don't have a QB that's ProBowl caliber is a bad thing.  I understand Garcia is on a roll, but the playoffs are just different.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #15: January 02, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »
Chiefs at Colts.  Colts win close game with turnovers.  (The Chiefs were 400-1 to make the Super Bowl early in the season.  Someone I knew was in Las Vegas and those were great odds at the time....I want to put down $10 but didn't reach him...)
Cowboys at Seahawks. Dallas wins with breakaway running plays by Marion Barber.  Madden jinx stops Seahawks.
Jets at Patriots. Can the Patriots' "system" withstand the loss of Harrison?  Jets head coach was Patriots' assistant last year...
Giants at Eagles.  Giants have too many injuries and the Eagles secondary will pick off Eli.  Jeff Garcia is reunited with his asst coach from SF.  

Key injuries make such a difference at this point.

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #16: January 02, 2007, 06:52:19 PM »
Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks
New York Jets at New England Patriots
N.Y. Giants  at Philadelphia Eagles

I generally will root for an underdog (since my Steelers didn't make it in), but I don't see any upsets happening here.

Interestingly enough, the Steelers had about a million things that had to happen for the Steelers to get into the playoffs.  All of them happened, except that the Steelers went out and lost in week 16.  Too bad, otherwise, I would be arguing about how they would pull off the upset!   :(

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #17: January 02, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"

The Eagles have won five in a row.  That's great, but consider that the Chargers have won TEN in a row.  I wouldn't call that struggling.  The fact that the Eagles don't have a QB that's ProBowl caliber is a bad thing.  I understand Garcia is on a roll, but the playoffs are just different.

It took the Chargers a last-minute bomb to beat the Seahawks. Rivers had a mini-slump at the end of the year, but sort of ended it in the last game.

In the playoffs, sometimes the hot team can end up being the best. Look at my Steelers last year. Ended up winning the last 5 of the season and then the whole playoffs. The playoffs are indeed different. But being hot can be better than being talented.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #18: January 03, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
...The fact that the Eagles don't have a QB that's ProBowl caliber is a bad thing.  I understand Garcia is on a roll, but the playoffs are just different.

Actually, Garcia went to the Pro Bowl three times, 2001-03 when he was with the 49ers (when throwing to Terrell Owens.)  He was the Grey Cup MVP when his team won the Canadian championship in 1998.  He set a new 49ers' team record with 4,278 passing yards in 2000, (more than Joe Montana and Steve Young), and led the 49ers to the playoffs in 2001-02. He had 31 and 30 passing TDs in 2000 and 2001.  Garcia was released by the 49ers due to salary cap issues after 2003.  The Washington Redskins hired the same guy who destroyed the 49ers salary cap situation to be their personnel director. He is now doing the same thing here.  

Now for the fun part: Garcia is engaged to Carmella DeCesare, an April 2003 Playboy Playmate.  On September 10, 2004, DeCesare pled not guilty to assault in a Cleveland court after a fight in a bar with Kristen Hine, Garcia's ex-girlfriend. She was acquitted of the assault charge on January 12, 2005 but found guilty of violating a restraining order. She was sentenced to 24 hours of community service, one year probation, and fined $150. During the trial, DeCesare testified that Garcia had been involved in an affair with Hine.....I can't stop laughing! Nothing like a good CAT FIGHT!!!!

« Reply #19: January 07, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
So far my predictions are on the money. *Knock on wood*

How bout that finish to the Seahawks game?  LOL, I hate the Cowboys.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #20: January 07, 2007, 12:37:34 PM »
Well I was close.  The Cowboys went to an awful lot of trouble to screw it up and mess up my prediction.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #21: January 07, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »
Congratulations to prognosticators....

Senators2005
2k6nats
Vladman1327

They were the only ones to pick the the home favorite in every game. It worked, even though it's the wimpy way to go.  :wink: :wink: nudge nudge

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #22: January 07, 2007, 08:56:06 PM »
Mr. Romo prevented me from going 4/4  :x

« Reply #23: January 07, 2007, 09:16:38 PM »
Ugh.  I hate the Patriots and Eagles.  :x

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #24: January 07, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »

wow, it is not fair that I will never get a girl that hot. (I know it's shallow, but come on, that is not fair at all). Damn you Jeff Garcia, for beating my Giants, and having a insanely hot girlfriend. ARGH!  :oops:  :evil:  :x