Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 18961 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #425: April 12, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »
Actually, I take back what I said earlier. It's completely on Nieves.

« Reply #426: April 12, 2010, 08:50:11 AM »
Ya sliding into home with your cleats up and trying to kick the ball out is kind of dirty

If memory serves me correctly, one of Jesus Flores' injuries came from that douchebag Chase Utley pulling that same thing a season or two ago.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #427: April 12, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »
The catcher wasn't in his path.  In fact, he was so far to Dunn's left that he had to reach back to apply the tag.

I forgot about that, based on the replay they showed it didn't look like Dunn was going 100% down the line towards home. I'm sure he thought the ball was deep enough and he would make it home, but Francouer and maybe a handful of other RF's would have been able to gun him out. It did take a perfect throw, and the play didn't end up costing us the game but I wish Nieves or someone would've let him know it was going to be close or to slide then maybe he would have turned on the jets.

Offline blue911

« Reply #428: April 12, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »
I forgot about that, based on the replay they showed it didn't look like Dunn was going 100% down the line towards home. I'm sure he thought the ball was deep enough and he would make it home, but Francouer and maybe a handful of other RF's would have been able to gun him out. It did take a perfect throw, and the play didn't end up costing us the game but I wish Nieves or someone would've let him know it was going to be close or to slide then maybe he would have turned on the jets.

I used to think Dunn was dogging it, now I think he's one of the Molina brothers. I sat in section 104 a couple of times last season and was amazed at just how slow the guy ran.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #429: April 12, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »
What a great game. 

I had my XM outside, working in the yard, but also the TV on in the basement where I could run in quickly if there was a play to see.  Fantastic day!

+1

Beautiful day to be outside made only better by listening to a Natioinals' win.  My only complaint was that I didn't get Charlie and Dave so I could hear "BANG ZOOM!"  But I got a lot of yardwork done, planted some vegetables in our new veggie garden and got to follow the Nats.  I love baseball season.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #430: April 12, 2010, 09:36:42 AM »
I used to think Dunn was dogging it, now I think he's one of the Molina brothers. I sat in section 104 a couple of times last season and was amazed at just how slow the guy ran.

Yadi isn't that slow.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #431: April 12, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »

I remember reading somewhere that out of college Dunn had a ridiculously fast 60yd dash time for a man his size, it was actually comparable to Ichiro. I'm not sure how much of that speed he has lost as he has no doubt put weight on his frame but the speed or at least quickness was there.

Edit: From the Peter Gammons article...

Then, again, the hottest prospect in Triple-A right now is 6-6, 240-pound, power-hitting right fielder Adam Dunn, who plays for the Reds' top affiliate in Louisville. The Reds bought Dunn, who ran a 6.3-second 60-yard dash, out of his University of Texas quarterback career and his talent has exploded. However, the Pirates used the 11th pick of the '94 draft -- the one right in front of Nomar Garciaparra -- to draft Texas high school quarterback/third baseman Mark Fariss, and soon thereafter he was back in Texas calling signals for Texas A&M.

Here's the full article http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2001/0602/1208718.html

Offline blue911

« Reply #432: April 12, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #433: April 12, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Haha Pirates always lose.